Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for E. Karasik > Reviews

Browse

E. Karasik's Profile

Customer Reviews: 281

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

E. Karasik RSS Feed (Washington, DC United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Neon Buddha Women's Absolute Jacket, Market Black, X-Small
Neon Buddha Women's Absolute Jacket, Market Black, X-Small
Offered by Pure & Co
Price: $162.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute jacket, but the extra small is a little ..., April 9, 2016
Cute jacket, but the extra small is a little too big and long on me. Also the buttons are not as cute as on some of the other neon Buddha items.

GreenPan Lima 8 Inch Hard Anodized Non-Stick Ceramic Fry Pan
GreenPan Lima 8 Inch Hard Anodized Non-Stick Ceramic Fry Pan
Price: $19.99
13 used & new from $17.49

5.0 out of 5 stars This pan changed my life!, April 9, 2016
A friend who is an excellent cook turned me onto these pans. They are just fabulous. The ceramic coating is incredibly hard and nonstick, they brown and caramelize beautifully, and are super easy to clean up. Several of my friends now have them and we are all so devoted that we never use anything else.

Sharp Objects: A Novel
Sharp Objects: A Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly unpleasant., November 12, 2015
I read this because I enjoyed Gone Girl, but whereas the latter dazzles with a clever and convoluted plot, as well as well-defined voices, this story relies on a seemingly endless array of depravity and revulsion to hook the reader. I did finish it because I wanted to know who the culprit was, but I feel like I want all that time back, and wish I could unsee all of the gruesome imagery.

Collapsible Travel Hoop
Collapsible Travel Hoop
Offered by Canyon Hoops
Price: $44.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Too heavy and off center., September 1, 2015
I wanted to love this but unfortch it did not do the trick. While the collapsible design is very cool, the hoop in its full position never achieved proper symmetry/balance despite multiple attempts to adjust it, so even waist hooping was no fun. Also, while advertised for off-body moves, it is seriously way too heavy for that; I tried a few elbow moves and practically broke my nose.

Gold & Silver & Black feather design Metallic Temporary Tattoos, tattoo Size: 6.69x3.94 by LuTech
Offered by Une Belle Vie
Price: $6.18
15 used & new from $2.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, fun and they really last a long time!, June 1, 2015
I wore one of these on a recent weekend in NYC and was astonished at the number of compliments I got on it, including from a fashion designer friend. They don't look like actual tattoos, obvi, but they are very pretty if applied in a tasteful way, they take your look a click above conventional adornment, and they last quite a long time. Reordering!

Tom's Ware Womens Casual Fit and Flare Floral Sleeveless Dress TWCWD054-NAVY-US S
Offered by Tom's Ware
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for the price, May 6, 2015
I bought a couple of these as shorts-substitutes to wear outdoors in hot weather to music festivals and other various events, and they did not disappoint. They are simple but attractive and I like the lower scoop neck (are you listening, Ann Taylor Loft?). I wear a size 0-2 and the small fit perfectly, snug in the torso, skimming the hips gracefully, and not too tight anywhere. As another reviewer pointed out, the fabric is mid-weight, so while it may not be AS comfy as thin jersey, it seems sturdier and doesn't show any bulges or bra/panty lines. I hope they restock, I want to order a couple other colors. Also, it would be nice if they were available in some more contemporary prints.

Seth Avett & Jessica Lea Mayfield Sing Elliott Smith
Seth Avett & Jessica Lea Mayfield Sing Elliott Smith
Price: $8.99
50 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection., April 20, 2015
I can't stop listening to this album. The arrangements are just beautiful and really showcase Elliott Smith's heartbreaking lyrics. Some of the covers are quite different from Smith's versions and truly reinvent the songs; others are more derivative but equally compelling. A truly happy collaboration between Seth Avett and Jessica Lea Mayfield paying homage to an artist whose tragic premature death leaves fans craving more. And when I saw Avett and Mayfield them do the live show is was even more glorious. I hope they do a sequel!

Totes Womens Beatrix Snow Boot,Black,8W
Totes Womens Beatrix Snow Boot,Black,8W
Offered by Brilliant Footwear

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for snow, but not waterproof as advertised!, March 17, 2015
These are cute and comfy, but they are not waterproof! Or more specifically, the lower portion of the boot is waterproof, but if you were walking through water more than a coupke inches deep, it will seep in and get your feet wet! Also they don't really keep your feet that warm. I wore them a lot this winter on snowy days, and they have pretty good traction, but I still need warmer boots for prolonged time outdoors and boots that won't leak when wading through standing water.

The End of Overeating:†Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite
The End of Overeating:†Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good read, and very sensible advice., March 17, 2015
I'm not technically overweight, but I always struggle with a few pounds. This book is the first one I've read in a long time that I feel has been helpful in changing my eating habits. Dr. Kessler's neuroscience-based approach does an excellent job of explaining the link between the food industry, hyper palatable foods, and the vicious cycle of cue, urge, reward, habit that fuels overeating. The crux of Dr. Kessler's advice is that when we make eating correctly a matter of willpower, we are likely to fail because the cues to overeat are everywhere. What works better is a perceptual shift to view these cues as negative, not in our self interest, and to learn to substitute more positive habits and rewards. This is no instant fix, but it is the most sensible approach to long-term healthy eating that I have seen.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT AS PICTURED ~ USES RABBIT FUR ON THE COLLAR, January 5, 2015
This is an otherwise very cute vest, but it it has REAL RABBIT FUR which is NOT pictured in the photo of the item OR mentioned in the description. UNACCEPTABLE. AND I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY RETURN SHIPPING.
Comment Comment | Permalink