Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for PennyLaneNamegame > Reviews

Browse

PennyLaneNamegame's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

PennyLaneNamegame RSS Feed

Orgain Creamy Chocolate Fudge, 11-Ounce Container (Pack of 12)(Packaging may vary)
Price: $29.99
26 used & new from $29.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality COntrol Issues BUT Please read this, April 12, 2012
This drink is very good, and tastes great. The only issue, is that there have recently been spoiled drinks I have been receiving. I do love the drinks, and I am a loyal customer, but please be careful if you get any spoiled drinks. You can get very sick from them. Just be careful, and enjoy the healthy drinks! Thank you!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2012 3:27 PM PDT

Star Trek: The Next Generation: Indistinguishable from Magic
Star Trek: The Next Generation: Indistinguishable from Magic
by David McIntee
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
60 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Why So many low Scores, and Why I like it, March 16, 2012
Ok, the low star scores are from the inconsistancy, and mostly written by nitpickers, and relatively new fans.

As a 25 year plus fan, and almost 200 novels under my belt, and way to many re-runs watched than is healthy. I can see why the low scores are there, yes there are inconsistancies.

However, personlly, I find the writing very well done. I enjoy the descritpions and in depth narrative. I find the story refreshing, and fun. Something the books that try to be super accurate lack a lot of the time. I hope this author writes more books for TNG, as I will buy them all. This to me is what recent series in the trek world have shyed away from. Yes there is enough parts of darkness and gloom that seems to be prevellant and in vogue the past decade in every media, but there is a nice mystery in here as well. I hope the the licensers of trek start to release more books like this. A great classic TNG feel to it.

Rarely does a book deserve a perfect score, but this is 4.5 stars to me. Again I have a decent knowledge of the trek world, and I still enjoyed this book a lot. I am not a nitpicker in the sense I complian, but I do of course notice inconcistancies. They do not detract from the book at all for me.

A newbie should start with some earlier tng novels in general if you want to know the history behind this, but...I supose you have to start somewhere, and can't expect to know everything right away. Some of the names and info will seem foreign even to casual readers, but a devoted fan of the show and certainly an avid trek book reader you should understand it just fine. I hope more books that are not foused on being perfectly accurate within the trek book world are written.

The Skinny: It's refreshing and fun. Well done to the author and the Star Trek franchise for releasing it!

Henry & Lisa's Natural Seafood Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon, 6-Ounce Cans (Pack of 4)
Price: $19.16
6 used & new from $19.16

2.0 out of 5 stars Quality Varies...Unfortunately...conistantly contains struvite, March 4, 2012
(I have had roughly 30 cans of this. ) 2 stars stands for I don;t like it. 3 stars is "it's OK". But I don;t think what I have been experienceing is OK for the price and hype.

There is no denying how good this salmon is, it's premium wild salmon. But! The quality varies can to can. Which is unfortunate.

For instance:

Can 1: A nice almost single filet with medium chunks.
Can 2: Medium Chunks of fillet with some flakey tiny tiny pieces. Big pieces of struvite.
Can 3 and 4: Like Light tuna like consistency (gross and not warranting this high price), basically like filler. Lots of small struvite particles. Like biting into rocks, glass, crystals, etc.

I decided not to buy this stuff anymore, as I like more of the fillet, or medium size chunks. I got too many cans that were flakey stuff, the same consistency as light tuna is. WAY too expensive for the inconsistant quality. Addressing the struvite, while it is commonly known that it is a mineral and natural, and that it is rare to get...I tend to doubt it...unless I have won the struvite lottery.Conistantly with my order of 4 cans, there are two cans that contain it. Generally the ones that have the flakey filler in the whole can. While most if it is small, I have had what looked like a geode, about .75 inches long, and .5 incles high, fanned out crystal. No way my teeth could crunch it. This is entirely too high for me, and nothing ruins an almost $5 can of salmon like crystals inside.

My theory is that they noticed their salmon had huge struvite particles (Can 2), and started to almost puree the stuff (can 3 and 4) to save from a loss, or to pass the buck the the consumer. Which does not go unnoticed.

This is how I view it and it is my opinion. If it was $2 a can I would buy more, but the supermarket alternatives are less expensive, and while most of those do not have the occasional fillet piece, I feel it is a better value over all. If the quality control was better on these, I would be buying them every week, but consistancy needs a lot of work, and company either needs a better QC supervisor, or to lower the price. The quality does not match what is advertised in the 30 or so cans I have had. You be the judge.

Enjoy!

The Wicked
The Wicked
DVD ~ Rachel Nau

4.0 out of 5 stars Jackie Martling's Finest Showing, February 17, 2012
This review is from: The Wicked (DVD)
I am so happy to see Jackie Marltings break-out movie from leaving the Howard Stern Show on it's decline! Jackie was brilliant in forseeing Howard's shows decline and was smart to leave the 25 million on the table for the stern show to break out in this monster of a hit! Jackie is a genius and can;t wait until he gets his due with an oscar!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 4, 2014 9:12 PM PDT

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Great, but EXPENSIVE, February 11, 2012
12 oz of cranberry and buffalo...for $36...you do the math.

Great taste from the sugar and fat...but unless your a fat cat...stay back!