ARRAY(0x961921c8)

Top Reviewer Ranking: 52

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Becky in NOLA "Becky" RSS Feed (New Orleans)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
OXO Good Grips POP Square 2-1/9 Quart Storage Container
OXO Good Grips POP Square 2-1/9 Quart Storage Container
Price: Click here to see our price
28 used & new from $12.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves our food from the buggy south, April 17, 2014
I live in the South, the humid buggy south. A place where, if I complain about bugs, people look at me and say helpful things like, "it's the South." then shrug and move along their buggy humid way. Having fought off mealy bugs and pantry bugs and who knows what else, I now store all grain items, wheat, corn, cornmeal, pasta, oatmeal, in airtight, bug proof storage containers.

This particular oxo holds two boxes of spaghetti, fettuccine, angel hair pasta, any of your basic rectangular pasta boxes.It keeps the moisture and bugs out, and the pasta ready to eat and not toss in disgust. This is my second one, so I can store more, we had the first one for over a year with no sealing problems at all.

Home and Garden Elements Premium Spiralizer - Easy to Use, Compact Vegetable Spiral Slicer with Stainless Steel Julienne Super Sharp Japanese Blades - Perfect Spiral Slicer to Create Awesome Vegetable Pasta and Decorative Dishes for Your Healthy Lifestyle. Great for Gift Giving!
Offered by Home and Garden Elements
Price: $19.95
2 used & new from $17.61

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to understand but difficult to use, April 17, 2014
Having looked at the various offerings of this sort of spiral veg slicker I think they are pretty much all the same. Did it work? Yes-ish. About halfway through the zucchini it became bogged down. And this is a lot of work. Turn and turn and turn and turn until my arm and wrist felt like they were going to fall off, which would have been a plus as they were getting sore. I found this simple to use in the sense that you plug in the veg and turn, but hard to use in the sense of doing the actual turning.

I can't imagine doing a bunch of carrots or zucchini with one of these.

not for me

Epica Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder-Stainless Steel Blades and Removable Grinding Cup for Easy Pouring

5.0 out of 5 stars fresh coffee or fresh spices., April 16, 2014
Sleek and modern the Epica Electric Spice and Coffee grinder looks good on the counter. The Epica is not a burr grinder, but still works great. Grinding coffee in short bursts allows better control of the grind, from coarse to fine. The grinder works equally well with spices, whole mustard, whole cardamom, and would probably be what I use it for most, that and grinding coffee for my french press.

The cord is really short, I don't mean normal appliance short, I mean I wondered it was long enough to go from my counter up to the outlet. It made it, but be prepared to have this right next to an outlet to use.

The lid twists so that it has to line up to use the on/off button. This is smart design, I know I have the lid on right because it's the only way it will work.

There is nothing like fresh ground coffee. Start indulging today.

Epica spice and coffee grinder provided for review

Top Quality Velvet Clothes Hangers - Very Strong, Slim, Space-Saving, Non-Slip Closet & Coat Hangers - Luxuriously Flocked, No Slip, Thin, Notched, Space Saver 'Love Hangers®' for Skirts, Scarves - Unique & Unusual For Her, Women - Multiple, Bulk Sets of 10 - 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE (Purple Orchid)
Offered by Living Concept
Price: $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love hangers, April 15, 2014
I have hangers with the non slip surface and love them for my wide necked t's and shirts made out of slipper material. The Love hangers go a few steps further. The slim line means more room in the closet. The notches mean I can hang up spaghetti straps, and the little heart in the middle, besides being cute, means I can hang an accessory belt or scarf with the outfit I want to wear it with. So it's cute but also functional.

The velvet hangers are so soft, no snagged clothes here!

Great hangers and a great value!

Hangers supplied for review
Comment Comment | Permalink

Innovative Design! Hard Custom Night Guard 0.120" Thick for Moderate Teeth Grinding Professional Dental Lab of 20+ Years
Offered by J&S Dental Lab
Price: $119.99
2 used & new from $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Get off the daily grind, April 14, 2014
My son grinds his teeth at night. He does enough to cause jaw aches and headaches. We bought him the temporary guards and he liked them, but they wear out, the fit is close-ish but not perfect, and the band that holds them in place on the upper teeth irritated his gums.

His first try he didn't get the impression deep enough, so we got another kit and tried again. Although the pictures show the lower teeth he prefers the upper and that is the mold he sent in. The directions are simple as is the process. Roll the two mold putties together, quickly make the mold, then let it dry and mail in. J&S makes the mold and sends it back.

The guard fit perfectly and is very comfortable according to him, secure feeling, no slipping, no irritation.

J&S was a pleasure to work with, every time I had a question it was answered promptly.

Guard sent for review, but at this price it's a true value and when this one wears out we will be working with J&S again.

Vinara [RAZOR SHARP] 4 Wheel Foil Cutter Remover Wine Opener Barware for Red and White Wines- Easy Foil Cutting! Very Convenient and Easy to Use - Perfect for Restaurants, Bars, Gifts, Celebrations, Parties and Social Events
Offered by e-Selling
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous little gadget that will see a lot of use, April 14, 2014
I have trouble getting foil off wine bottles. I try going at it with a knife, fingernails, teeth! The Vinara foil cutter works great. It easily cuts the foil and then I can get to my wine without broken fingernails or toothmarks on the bottle! Simply wash and it's ready to go again. Don't limit it to just wine, all sorts of vinegars and fancy bottles have foil and this works great on them too!

Sample provided for review

Hydracentials Slim Grip 25oz Stainless Steel Water Bottle with Flip Cap Leak Proof Design- BPA Free - Eco Friendly - Leak Proof - Top Rated Water Bottle- One Year Worry Free Guarantee!
Offered by Healthy Life Essentials
Price: $34.97
3 used & new from $16.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice water bottle, April 14, 2014
I loved the slim profile of this water bottle. It holds a generous amount of liquid and keeps it cold, even sitting in our hot New Orleans car. The grip makes it easy to hold, the outer surface doesn't puddle water or sweat. A smartly designed flip top means even I can open it drink without ending up wearing half the water.

No BPA makes me feel healthy when drinking my water or iced tea. A thin bottle brush cleans the inside of the little straw while the rest is easy to wash, but it says not to wash it in the dishwasher. Not a problem for me, don't have a dishwasher, but it's good to note.

Bottle provided for review

Etronic ® Ultra Comfort Massage Travel Neck Pillow - 6 Massage Modes - Headrest Strap - CE Certified [3-Year Warranty]
Offered by E Depot Express
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars comfortable travel companion, April 13, 2014
The Eltronic Ultra comfort massage neck pillow works great in the car. An elastic band is attached to the back so you can put the neck pillow around the seat's headrest. There is a snap in front so the neck pillow stays in place. The pillow takes two double A batteries. The buttons are within easy reach to turn on and off, or to adjust the modes.

The pillow can only be used 10 minutes before overheating when on, should not get wet. I found it more comfortable as just a pillow, though the massaging was nice.

The cover is very soft and the pillow is very comfortable. It's restful to lay my head back against this pillow when in the car and it's nice and supportive of the neck, which usually has that empty uncomfortable space when relaxing against the head rest.

Pillow provided for review

3-Piece Spatula Set -Made out of ONE PIECE silicone - 1 Spoon Spatula & 2 Regular Spatulas a big 10" x 2", and a small 8" x 1" (BLACK)
Offered by Brooklyn Deals
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the set, April 13, 2014
Spoontula! I like this spatula set a lot. First, it's sturdy with a strong core. The small one is perfect for getting to the bottom of jars and getting every bit of goodness out. The solid one piece construction means there is nowhere for bacteria to get in and grow, and makes cleaning up a breeze. I especially like the spoon spatula. I was making glaze and it was so easy to stir and then spoon out of my pan and onto the cake. This is a great set and gentle on your nonstick pans, but strong enough to use with enamel and stainless steel too.

Spatulas provided for review

Dr. McDougall's Right Foods Vegan Black Bean & Lime Soup, 3.4-Ounce Cups (Pack of 6)
Price: $10.90
14 used & new from $10.90

5.0 out of 5 stars convenient and tasty, April 11, 2014
I picked up the black bean and lime soup at whole foods, wanted to try one before committing to six. It's very convenient with two options, either put warm water in, stir, and microwave, or add boiling water, stir, cover for six minutes. This is great if you have a keurig or hot water source at work, or if you just have room temp water from a water bottle. Stirring is important, dig all the way down to the bottom or you'll have dry spots the water doesn't penetrate.

I like spicy food and the packet delivered. After six minutes the soup was a lovely texture, soft but not mushy. I did not pick up lime, but this soup was flavorful and filling, Perfect for work or home. I would also take this to hotels that have a microwave for a quick lunch or supper if we didn't want to go out to eat.

Yummy