Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for Becky (in NOLA) > Reviews

Browse

Becky (in NOLA)'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 1889
Top Reviewer Ranking: 151

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Becky (in NOLA) "Becky gardens" RSS Feed (Down South aways.)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Chic Classic Collection Women's Plus-Size Plus Size Flat Waist Pull On Bermuda, Provence, 24W
Price: $16.99

3.0 out of 5 stars short waist, May 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These shorts are okay. I find the waist a little low in the back waist when bending over. The material is a stretchy sort but it did maintain it's shape after washing. The length is shorter for me than shown, more mid thigh. These are comfortable and I will wear them around the house or gardening.

idée Stainless Steel Clothes Drying Rack, PDR01E
idée Stainless Steel Clothes Drying Rack, PDR01E
Offered by Pax Global, Inc.
Price: $34.98
2 used & new from $34.98

4.0 out of 5 stars nice and sturdy, May 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have a plastic drying work we got a few years ago that works great. But a bunch of adult swim suits, towels etc use up the space fast. I like this drying rack, the stainless steel is nice. It is well made and seems durable.

The shoe holders on the end are a neat idea but they really don't work out and we will probably just break them off to have more hanging room.

Drying racks that fold are wonderful, this can sit in the laundry room, we can lay out sweaters and hang delicates. We also take it to the beach and put it in the bathtub to dry our beach towels and suits overnight rather than trying to hang them over the shower rod.

LG Electronics 4K UHD 27UD88-W 27" Screen LED-Lit Monitor
LG Electronics 4K UHD 27UD88-W 27" Screen LED-Lit Monitor
Price: $681.94
6 used & new from $681.94

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent monitor- make sure you have a video card for it's full potential, May 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is one amazing monitor. We have four computers, two are less than three months old, both Asus we bought because ours were aging out. To fully utilize the capabilities of this monitor we could only use it on one, that is used as a gaming computer and has an expensive graphics card.

American plug was included, as was a HDMI cable, USB C-C, USB A-C, and DLink cables.

It is an attractive monitor, easy to pivot 90 degrees, if you are not using USB connection. (The USB cable is a bit short for the distance from my computer)

The monitor picture quality is amazing and fast. It keeps up with games and is like watching on a high quality HD TV.

If you want to use it at its full power, make sure you have a video card capable of driving it.

Julia Vanishes
Julia Vanishes
by Catherine Egan
Price: $12.78

2.0 out of 5 stars meh, May 21, 2016
This review is from: Julia Vanishes (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The writing is pretty, lyrical, but the book simply did not appeal to me. Found myself not caring if Julia vanished and stayed there. The other characters left me cold and the whole book was pretty boring. I find myself skimming to get to the end, and I wouldn't have bothered but I felt sort of obligated to see if it got more interesting as it went along.

There are a lot of elements, witchcraft and so on, but none are really used that well. I would not buy the second book in the series. In all descriptions this book was right in my wheelhouse but it didn't keep me interested.

The Southern Cookie Book
The Southern Cookie Book
by The Editors of Southern Living
Edition: Flexibound
Price: $14.20
55 used & new from $10.51

4.0 out of 5 stars from old favorites to interesting and new, May 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Given my choice of dessert I will go for/bake a cookie almost every time. Sure, I love pie, cake, ice cream, but there is something about that perfect bite of cookie I just love.

Southern living has combined an interesting book ranging from the traditional- the four ingredient peanut butter cookie kraft first came out with years ago, to the oddly interesting, a cornmeal thumbprint cookie with tomato jam (recipe for jam included), to a twisted classic. The gritscotti which is a biscotti that uses instant grits as an ingredient. Having used a similar recipe with cornmeal, I found I liked the slightly crunchy sandy texture.

I have to agree that the pictures look dark,. there are pictures that look great.

cookies are arranged by type, starting with baking tips, equipment, and ingredients, then:

drop cookies
filled cookies
rolled cookies
bars and brownies
confections

there are also:
give a cookie guide
cookie swap secrets

it has a comprehensive index and metric equivalents.

the ingredients are listed on the left in a column, the recipe directions to the right. the directions are clear, precise, and easy to follow.

there are can't get much easier, like slice and bake short bread cookies, to fancier. The blackberry swirl meringue cookies, with a swirl of blackberry jam swirled into the meringue batter, was amazing.

there are so many cookie recipes and books out there it's hard to find one that offers new and interesting, but Southern cookie book does just that, and don't forget delicious

Sleep Master Gel Memory Foam 4 Inch Topper, Twin
Sleep Master Gel Memory Foam 4 Inch Topper, Twin
Price: Click here to see our price
2 used & new from $88.99

4.0 out of 5 stars nice and cool but soft, May 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a memory foam mattress I like, but it gets hot in the summer, and is thinner than I care for. The gel memory foam 4 inch topper worked great. There is that initial odor that I have found a lot of memory foam has, it dissipates in a day or so of airing out.

While I love my memory foam I do get hot while sleeping. The topper helps cool down the bed. I was surprised by how well it worked.

I do find this softer than I like. It feels like sinking in and I prefer a firmer top.

DOD TECH DOD-LS470W LS Sony Exmor Powered Full HD Dash Camera with WDR Technology & GPS Logging
Price: $223.39
4 used & new from $223.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice video, great width of recording and good sound quality, May 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great little dash cam. Mind that it is Sony powered, which means sony made a sensor called the exmor, and that is the Sony component, it's found in several brands of dash cams, cameras, recording mediums but this dash cam itself is not made by Sony, which can be confusing. It would be like saying a camera has a Zeiss lens.

The dash cam is hard to remove from the mount. While it looks like you would just press the two sides and it would come off, it takes a lot more work and finger strength. Why would we want to remove it? To not leave a dash cam sitting in the front window yelling steal me! When we park we like to remove the cam and put it in the arm rest storage. This is not an easy dash cam to do it with, and thus the loss of a star.

It has two mounts, a big plus if you are moving it car to car. It has a permanent mount and a suction cup mount both.

However, we put our sd card in and had no trouble. The camera began recording. While it does 8 hours of recording, it breaks the recordings up so that you have multiple sequential recordings, one taking up where the other leaves off.

The video is excellent, it has a nice wide range but not the fish eye that makes me sick to watch. The voice recording is clear and we easily distinguish conversations when the car is in motion.

You can take still pictures also with the button on top of the dash cam, though if you are the driver that could be tricky to be trying to find the button and drive at the same time.

Overall this is a really good dash cam.

National Public Seating BT3060 Steel Frame Rectangular Blow Molded Plastic Top Folding Table, 1000 lbs Capacity, 60" Length x 30" Width x 29-1/2" Height, Speckled Gray/Gray
Price: $58.09
19 used & new from $48.21

4.0 out of 5 stars sturdy table, iffy quality control, May 11, 2016
We bought this table for crafting on, tracing patterns, cutting patterns, and for that it is working really well. The table is sturdy and easily folds open and closed.

It's not to heavy and I can wrestle it out of the closet and set it up myself.

The package looked fine, however there is a smooshed in spot about 2 inches long on one end. I debated sending it back but it doesn't interfere with the integrity of the table, however, it's still one star off.

Dickies Women's Short Sleeve Shirt, Plaid Coral Fusion/Misty June, X-Large
Dickies Women's Short Sleeve Shirt, Plaid Coral Fusion/Misty June, X-Large
Offered by OutdoorEquipped
Price: $22.93
2 used & new from $22.93

4.0 out of 5 stars comfortable shirt, not for women with larger hips, May 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Dickies shirt is really nice. I like that it doesn't gap at the bust, something I can have issues with. however, it does come straight down and so it does stop at my hips more than pull over them. However, it's a great tuck in blouse.

At first try on it was a little stuff, washing softened it up without shrinking. I find Dickies to be good quality, my husband wears the brand also, and this is no exception. Tight buttons, good seams, well sewn, no color bleed, the plaid is distinctive and didn't fade or bleed in the laundry.

The sleeve length is flattering, halfway down the arm with generous room.

Fishhunterfishhunter Fishing Waterproof Armband,
Fishhunterfishhunter Fishing Waterproof Armband,
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars keeps phone dry, May 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It keeps my phone dry! yay. Opening it is difficult. I could see through the plastic and use my phone touch screen with no issues. It comes with two options, two velcro strips, then down in the corner, curled up in a little bag- I almost threw it away, is the silk ribbon type lanyard.

The velcro is stretch so it will fit larger and smaller arms.

Nice addition to using the fish finder, or really, anyone who wants to keep their phone dry and sand free while at the beach or in/around the water.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20