Profile for Frank > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Frank RSS Feed (SF CA)

Xbox 360 LIVE 1600 Points
Xbox 360 LIVE 1600 Points
Offered by Market Retail
Price: $19.99
7 used & new from $19.99

1,576 of 1,806 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Buy the points card- Don't give Microsoft your credit card!, November 15, 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
First off, I'm an otherwise very happy Xbox Live Gold member. Instead of buying a points card from a retailer, I made the mistake of buying the points online from Microsoft through the Xbox. I used my gamer tag account and entered my credit card on the TV and I bought 500 points. I got the email confirmation that I bought the points. I then used the points. So far so good.

Over the next two days, four other Xbox charges totaling $30 mysteriously appeared on my credit card. Someone bought more points and a game subscription using my credit card info. I called Xbox Live support- their answer was "we don't give refunds." I explained that it's not a REFUND if my account is used fradulently. They still said no.

Note that clearly the security leak was with them, as no other fraudulent charges appeared on my credit card...just Xbox charges.

I then asked them to delete my credit card info from my Xbox Live account. They said they could not do this. I could not believe this! Given that someone had access to my credit card and they were unwilling to remove my credit card info, I had no choice but to cancel my credit card.

My advice- buy the points from a trusted source like Amazon. Don't ever give Microsoft direct access to your credit card info. I hope this helps.
Comment Comments (110) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 29, 2014 6:30 PM PDT

Stamina Pro 15-5300 Silent Magnetic Resistance Upright Bike
Stamina Pro 15-5300 Silent Magnetic Resistance Upright Bike

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, June 30, 2006
I bought this bike to rehab from knee surgery. At this price point I was willing to take a chance and buy it sight unseen. It works as advertised and I've incorporated it into my daily exercise routine.

The bike is quiet when in use; I've used wind trainers before that sound like cyclones compared to this bike. I don't have to crank the TV to hear it while pedaling. The tensioner has 8 levels and provides a good spectrum of wheel resistance. The electronics controlling the 6 exercise programs, timer, calories burned, distance traveled, and pulse all work well.

The only minor negatives:

1. The setup instructions were clear but hooking up the tensioner was unnecessarily difficult. Took 20 minutes and a lot of sweat.

2. The stabilizer bars (front and back) are just a tad short, so there is a slight side-to-side movement as you pedal. Nothing serious.

3. As you exercise, the LCD readout cycles through all the stats...would be nice to be able to select what data you monitor.

Overall I'm happy with the purchase, esp at this price, and can recommend it others.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 5, 2008 4:24 PM PDT