Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Boogerwood > Reviews

Browse

Boogerwood's Profile

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Boogerwood "I'm an Old" RSS Feed (Mansfield, TX)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Tom Clancy's The Division: Agent Origins
Tom Clancy's The Division: Agent Origins
DVD

4.0 out of 5 stars 4/5 if you're a gamer and enjoyed The Division Beta- 3/5 tops if you're not., March 7, 2016
Let's face it, this "movie" comes about BECAUSE of the video game; it's essentially a live action commercial. And that's fine! It does a great job of giving the gamer a glimpse of the world and backstory. It's one thing to make a movie about a video game, and it's another to make a glorified commercial. As commercial's go, this was fantastic. If you're not a gamer and/or have no working knowledge of The Division, then this seems like a poorly explained, moderately acted, sadly cliche take in a "post-virus" apocalypse with generic characters who really fail to make you care about their plight. That said, for some fun action and a bit of intrigue, this is enjoyable enough to not stir too much angst. That's how I'd describe a 3/5 star experience. And hey, it's 30 min. Give them a little break.

WorkSmart Faux Leather Manager's Chair with Padded Arms, Chocolate
WorkSmart Faux Leather Manager's Chair with Padded Arms, Chocolate
Price: $82.64
24 used & new from $74.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it!, June 11, 2015
In 2 words: WORTH IT! Large enough to be very comfortable yet small enough for tighter spaces. Assembly was fairly simple although I would recommend d get help just for holding pieces as you bolt them together. All in all went quickly. I'm a large guy (tall and could stand to lose a few) and the chair feels solid! I easily predict this chair will last me a good while. And the price was perfect! This is probably the 4th chair I've bought in the last 10-15 years (I wait entirely too long to get a new one) and it hands down is the most comfortable sub-$100 chair. Well worth more.

Orbeez - Luxury Spa
Orbeez - Luxury Spa
Offered by E-Brands
Price: $34.99
42 used & new from $15.67

3.0 out of 5 stars Kids like but what a mess!, January 14, 2014
This review is from: Orbeez - Luxury Spa (Toy)
My kids like this product, but the little Orbeez get all over and have to sit in water for several hours before they are useable. By the time they have absorbed water and grown to full size, the kids have moved on to another activity.

Just One Name That Pattern Seamless Leggings (Zig & Zag,S)
Just One Name That Pattern Seamless Leggings (Zig & Zag,S)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sooo Cute!, January 14, 2014
My daughters wear these to hip hop class. They are so fun and cute. Great fit too. Thicker than expected which is really nice.

Wilton Master Decorating Tip Set, 55-Piece, 2104-0240
Wilton Master Decorating Tip Set, 55-Piece, 2104-0240
Price: $43.46
143 used & new from $32.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this set, January 14, 2014
I am an amateur decorator and I love this set. It has so many different tips to create many fun designs.

Kurt Adler Elf Sitting on Mushroom Table Piece, 7.5-Inch
Kurt Adler Elf Sitting on Mushroom Table Piece, 7.5-Inch

5.0 out of 5 stars So fun and cute!, January 14, 2014
This is really cute and has a bit of sparkle to add to its appeal. A great addition to any collection.

101 Piano Practice Tips: How to get your Kids to the Keyboard!
101 Piano Practice Tips: How to get your Kids to the Keyboard!
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ideas to get your child to the piano, January 14, 2014
This book has great tips to get your child practicing regardless of skill level. This book is well worth the time as it is a quick read and is really beneficial, by giving you ideas to help your child enjoy their time at the piano and not have it be a chore.

Dungeon Hunter 4
Dungeon Hunter 4
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Addition to the Dungeon Hunter Family, June 12, 2013
This review is from: Dungeon Hunter 4 (App)
WARNING: My review is for the iPad version so I can't attest to the Android stability although based on the reviews already, I'm guessing it's not an issue.

I've been playing the Dungeon Hunter series on the iPhone (then iPad) since the first game which was a blast! Dungeon Hunter 4 blows all its predecessors out of the water! The character detail has definitely improved, but the environment is beautiful, reminding me of Torchlight 2 (PC game). True it's a hack 'n slash with shallow story, but that doesn't stop me from playing and grinning the whole time! The micro-transaction is fairly innovative. So far (not finished with game), I haven't felt that I HAD to spend real money. I usually end up spending $1-5 to support the developers, but I prefer for it to be my choice and not part of a bait and switch tactic too many games employ (i.e. you get half-way through and then CAN'T progress until you spend money to level up or upgrade). When you upgrade armor/weapons (etc), there is a delay (so far 2-6 min) before it takes effect. Or, you spend a "gem" to have it instantly take effect. That's fair. You do (rarely) collect gem's and start off with 100 (not much). But realistically, the uber cool gear and upgrades come from spending money. I'm okay with stock equipment. It hasn't hindered my playing and actually turns what could be an ultra easy game into a little bit of a challenge at times. To earn 5 stars, I would like to see a little more story development, but that's really a minor point with the amount of fun you will have.

Bottom line: Gameloft has continued to show their gaming prowess and willingness to commit to a franchise with Dungeon Hunter. For free, you CAN'T go wrong and probably will have a good bit of fun along the way.

Infinity Blade: Awakening
Infinity Blade: Awakening
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly entertaining!, June 3, 2013
Novelizations of video games have often been atrocious or mediocre at best. The only exceptions, in my opinion, being the Witcher books (to be fair, the books preceded the games). While this may be a result of setting the bar low, I was pleased to find a novella of a game (an App no less!) that did not only a fair job of capturing the essence of the game itself, but was competently written! The book serves as a bridge between the first game and the second, and, in the process, creates a vibrant and interesting world that has grabbed my attention. I find myself enjoying Infinity Blade 2 even more now! More importantly, I found myself hating to see the book end! Definitely worth the reasonable price of $2.99 (my purchase price). Well done, Mr. Sanderson.

The Last Wish: Introducing the Witcher
The Last Wish: Introducing the Witcher
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars For Fantasy Fans and Gamers Alike!, July 9, 2012
As with most Americans, I was first turned onto the books via the video game. Having first assumed the books were written AFTER the games, I passed. I've yet to read a "post-game" novel that was really worth anything (except Rapture based on the Bioshock games because this novel is not based on a specific game which is nice). Anyway, after I discovered that the games were based on the books, I decided to give it a try. And I'm thankful for it! As was mentioned in the current #1 comment, the publisher's description is actually wrong! I'm not sure I would even classify Geralt as an anti-hero. He's a straight up hero through and through (at least in The Last Wish). Sure he collects money for the monsters he kills, but last I checked, our police officers and military don't work for free (groups I clearly consider heroes). Geralt was pulled from his family as a child and forced into this life. Instead of taking the typical Witcher life devoid of morals and emotions, Geralt often finds himself doing quite a bit of good merely for the sake that it's the right thing to do. Again, that's a Hero in my book. You will clearly see the "lesser of 2 evils" theme repeated which was the inspiration for the games (versus Mass Effects obvious good/bad decisions), but this does not negate the often purely "good" decisions he makes (e.g. defending the weak, helping someone in distress, etc.).

The writing (a translation I believe) is quite good! Again, this a really a coherent collection of short stories. There is a minor thread, but it's a thread. This is not, however, a self-contained true "novel" (though I'm anxious to read his actual novels). As has been mentioned, this is a VERY dark world. It's gritty, harsh, and unforgiving. The language is mildly rough (meaning there is definitely the full spectrum of 4-letter words, but they are used infrequently and appropriately... versus modern games that seem to swear strictly for the sake of swearing. Hopefully we grow out of that adolescence). Some stories are twisted takes on the original Grim Fairy Tales (which are a joy upon discovery); others purely created.

If you like character pieces, you'll thoroughly enjoy The Last Wish. If you're a fan of fantasy, you'll be pleased with the world of the Witcher. If you are a gamer, this is hands down the best game-related piece of literature I've stumbled across (again, mostly because the game followed the stories and not vice versa).

See you on the servers!