Profile for LuckeyDuckey > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

LuckeyDuckey RSS Feed (San Diego, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Levi's Women's Classic Bold Curve ID Straight Leg Jean
Levi's Women's Classic Bold Curve ID Straight Leg Jean

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic--as long as you don't mind a bigger number, October 13, 2011
Try these on in person before you buy! I tried these on at Macy's before buying and I'm so glad I did. I normally wear a 4 Short or 6 Short in Levi's depending on the day but I had to buy the 10 Short and it fit great. If you are adverse to larger numbers in your clothing you might want to stay away. I just wanted a pair of Levi's that fit. I've always had a thing for Levi's and finally have a pair that really fits my smaller waist/bigger hips without gapping in the waist or other unflattering things.

Just a note--currently the size drop down box lists the Short and Long as Small and Large. I did alert Amazon so hopefully they'll fix it. I bought the Rocking Blue because I didn't like the fancy pockets on the darker wash and the others didn't come in Short. I added two pictures to demonstrate the fit from front and back. I forgot to mention that while there are pockets in the front, they're only capable of holding a horizontal tube of chapstick.

Milton
Milton
by Haydé Ardalan
40 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Tuxedo cat owners, August 24, 2011
This review is from: Milton (Hardcover)
I bought this for my mom who has a Tuxedo cat and she loved it. I bought her the matching notecards and she turned them to wall art.

Wilton Batter Blender
Wilton Batter Blender
Price: $8.03
13 used & new from $6.71

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for breaking up ground round too, August 24, 2011
This review is from: Wilton Batter Blender (Kitchen)
I have used it for baking but I bought it with the express intention of using it to break up ground round in a stove top skillet and it's great for that. I don't know why it has such a high heat rating but I'm glad it does and looks as good as the day I bought it and washes great in the dishwasher.

Harmonious Time Black 12" Wide Round Wall Clock
Harmonious Time Black 12" Wide Round Wall Clock

3.0 out of 5 stars Not SILENT, going back, August 24, 2011
A couple reviews mentioned it was silent, and even though it wasn't described as such by the manufacturer, I decided to give it a chance. I put the battery in and put in on the wall and could barely hear it. A week later it was driving me insane. I must have supersonic hearing because I could hear it from about 8 feet away, mocking me at night tick Tick TICK... It is an awesome looking clock but definitely not silent for someone sensitive like me.

Emile Henry Oil Cruet, Figue
Emile Henry Oil Cruet, Figue
Price: $45.00
4 used & new from $39.95

4.0 out of 5 stars I feel so sophiticated!, October 15, 2010
I read that storing your olive oil in non-clear containers keeps it from going rancid but there aren't many non-clear cruets on the market. I've wanted this for a while and happened to get it on a great discount. I've only filled it once and I'm wondering how the cork/spout will hold up to repeated on/offs.

Where this cruet really shines is when you just need a drizzle of oil. I like to lay out slices of sweet potatoes on foil to then cook in a closed packet on the BBQ while the meat is cooking. This cruet allows me to drizzle a little line over every slice (to then swirl around with a silicone brush) without me worrying that a traditional bottle would go glob-glob-glob and make a huge mess, or pouring first into a bowl, and potentially wasting some, to then brush on.

When I grab this cruet while cooking I feel so fancy. To me its an expensive uni-tasker but does it's job well. If you don't mind the price and use olive oil often treat yourself or put it on your birthday list.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 4, 2012 11:07 AM PDT

Casey Kasem Presents: America's Top 10 Through the Years - The 1950s
Casey Kasem Presents: America's Top 10 Through the Years - The 1950s
Price: $17.98
33 used & new from $6.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album if you're looking for 50's hits, August 1, 2005
My mom has been looking for a 'best of' CD of Fifties music for forever. I finally stumbled across this CD and had her check out the song listings and with her approval I bought it for her for her birthday. She loves it! As stated before, you don't get Elvis, but if you really want Elvis you should buy a whole Elvis CD. When you figure that you get 20 songs for under $16 this CD is a great deal. I only wish there had been more Little Richard but here you only get one song per artist. If you're looking for a best of the fifties CD this is the one to get.

Black & Decker ATM100 25-Foot Auto Tape Measure
Black & Decker ATM100 25-Foot Auto Tape Measure

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, January 10, 2005
My husband received this as a Christmas gift from his parents and at first I thought it was one of those laser level things but then I took a second look and while let down I thought that this might be cool anyhow--but it's not. It's clunky, heavy, big, and kinda useless. It only extends about 3 feet before it goes "limp" and bends. It's not great for long distances. Also, when you extend it beyond 3 feet it sounds like the batteries are dying (maybe they are, but they are the new ones that came with it). I do think the little magnets on the right angle part on the end are a nice touch but they're not real strong so they don't grip/stick well. Plus, that wouldn't be real useful working with wood. Bottom line don't waste your money unless you have to have every gadget known to man.

RCA Lyra 128 MB MP3 Player
RCA Lyra 128 MB MP3 Player

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the most gorgeous, but I love it, April 8, 2004
My husband wanted to get me an MP3 player so I finally decided on this one because of it's itty bitty size, clear cut design, button placement (I have acrylic nails and those 4-way joy stick buttons can be a nightmare!) and enclosed carrying strap/case. I love it. It's easy to put songs on and operate. My gripes are that it stores the songs in the order it wants, not how you want them or put them on so I usually listen to it on Random. I tried numbering the tracks before their name when I loaded them but that didn't work. I haven't used the expansion slot yet because I only load about 2 hours worth of music on at a time. The carrying case is boring blue but comfortable and it needs a plastic window because you can only get to the volume buttons (on the side) easily. Sometimes I try to Skip and instead I Pause because I'm pressing through the fabric at where I think the button is. Lastly, I don't like the battery life indicater. I use rechargeables so cost isn't an issue but after one song on a freshly charged battery the indicater goes down to half and stays like that for a long time until it finally just turns off.
I don't use the provided headphones because I love my 12 year old Sony's. I do recommend also getting a Belkin transmitter (about $30) so you can play it through your car stereo.

The Singles 1992-2003
The Singles 1992-2003
Offered by MUSICROCKSUSA
Price: $7.12
290 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compilation!, November 25, 2003
This review is from: The Singles 1992-2003 (Audio CD)
I've always liked No Doubt but never bought an album. Long ago a roommate had TK which I should have copied but didn't, but did listen to a lot. I think this CD is great for fans like me that like ND but don't have any of their previous albums. Play it in your car, sing along at the top of your lungs, and ignore the stares.

Sabatier Provence 5-Inch Tomato/Bagel Knife
Sabatier Provence 5-Inch Tomato/Bagel Knife

5.0 out of 5 stars You gotta buy this knife!, June 27, 2001
I bought this knife several years ago (mine has a different handle but otherwise the same) as a starving college student. My mom started me on these knives and I won't use anything else. It is labelled as a tomato/bagel knife but it's more useful than that. It's fabulous on a wide variety of vegetables when you're not looking to mince. I use it to slice up bell peppers, half celery stalks, shred lettuce (and get that hard knot out of the base) and of course tomatoes. Mine is 4 years old and as sharp as the day I bought it.

Page: 1 | 2