Profile for Rosemary Baldwin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rosemary Baldwin "lucyfan2000k" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Kai Lan Movie Motion Projector
Kai Lan Movie Motion Projector
Offered by SpecialDealsDirect
Price: $28.99

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, February 17, 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
i bought this for my son who is autistic so he enjoys it for 1 minute at a time. but the movie itself is only about 10 seconds long with no voice just some silly music. he could watch kai-lan on tv and get more out of it. i can only imagine how much the cartridges are for this thing. its only 10 seconds of video, gosh who ever invented this put a poor toy on the market. no educational value at all. i cant see a child getting much out of this at all except frustration that the video is so short.

PlayStation 3 - 320 GB System/PlayStation Move Bundle
PlayStation 3 - 320 GB System/PlayStation Move Bundle
Offered by Peara's Premium Products
Price: $409.97
45 used & new from $220.00

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best Bundles Out There For the PS3, September 17, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I went out and bought my PS3 320GB Console w/ Playstation Move this morning and must say that I'm pleasantly surprised at how accurate and fun Move is. As stated in the description, the bundle comes with the 320GB Slim PS3 console, a Dualshock controller, the Playstation Vision Cam, the Playstation Move controller and Sports Champions which is a game that is PSMove supported.

Concerning the Sports Champions game, it's a great way to get introduced to the controls of the new PSMove but it's not a breathtaking stand-alone experience. All that didn't really matter to me though as I wasn't looking for something captivating but more so a tutorial for the controls. It's very easy to pick up and learn so it should supply loads of fun for gamers of any age.

Crash (Widescreen Edition)
Crash (Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ Don Cheadle
Price: $4.99
409 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT MOVIE!, December 16, 2009
This review is from: Crash (Widescreen Edition) (DVD)
This was a great 5 star movie dealing with people and their mistakes and how they learned from them. the movie had a great cast, i had seen the movie before but i just rented it again and now i purchased it, it is a must own. it deals with many issues like social injustice and frankly we can all learn from this movie.

Dead Space
Dead Space
Offered by FRONTIER HOBBY SHOP
Price: $19.23
93 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Action Horror Game From 2008, August 28, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dead Space (Video Game)
Dead Space is a refreshing change from most of the Action/Horror games that have been released of late. It seems that the Survival Horror genre has been lacking in the scare department, but Dead Space definitly brings a lot of scare to the next-gen consoles. Dead Space is a real legit videogame that brings a good story line, great graphics, fairly easy controls and loads of playability.

I was somewhat weary about picking up this one because in my opinion, the Survival Horror genre has changed, and not for the better but I'm glad I did because I haven't regretted a single moment of play since.

Basically, here's what's going down in Dead Space. Your name is Isaac Clarke and you basically become trapped on a desolate airship out in the middle of space with a few of your partners who serve you with no help. Your only way of Survival is off your own instincts and capabilities to maim everything in your path. The story has a lot of twists and turns and can be a real nail biter, so it's very interresting until the very end.

The basic form of gameplay is an over the shoulder view (like most games of late), so if you've played Resident Evil 5 or Gears Of War, then you'll know exactly what you're doing in Dead Space.

All I can say without giving away to much is that I definitly recommend this game to anybody familiar with the action/horror genre and I was pleasently surprised considering I haven't played a Horror game this good since Resident Evil: Code Veronica.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Offered by MOST WANTED
Price: $17.29
291 used & new from $1.45

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Amazing Gaming Experience I've Ever Had, August 6, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Now, I'm not going to lie, I'm a huge Metal Gear fanboy. I've been playing this series since the old Nintendo days of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2. Since then the series has changed quite much I must say and it's changed for the better. Metal Gear Solid 4 might just be the best videogame I've ever played and the best movie I've ever watched. Best movie you might ask? Well, Metal Gear Solid 4 covers about 4 hours of gameplay (if rushed) and enough cutscenes to equal two full lengthed feature films. Now you don't need to watch all the cutscenes but you'll be left in the dark as to what the hell is going on story wise. Now in my opinion, the best part of MGS4 is the cinematics. Metal Gear Solid 4 does what no game has and that's what makes it an experience.

Story - MGS4 has one of the most memorable stories in any videogame, ever. This game is of legendary status and brought tears to my eyes.

Gameplay - You'll see a lot of old mixed in with a lot of the new. Nothing has really changed gameplay wise with MGS4, which in my opinion, is a very good thing. This game runs silky smooth during both the cutscenes and the gameplay.

Visually - Metal Gear Solid 4, is the most beautiful game out to date. Konami went to great lengths to make this game look as realistic as possible. The shadowing is great and the textures are breath taking. This game is by far, the best looking game I've ever seen.

Sound - Play this game on a Bose surround sound system and you'll crap your pants. Different from past Metal Gear games, this videogame takes place in an urban war environment for the first half and theirs constant shooting and bombs dropping everywhere which really shreds through a sound system quite nicely.

Now, the most important thing to me with videogames is that the game be memorable. Well... MGS4 was definitly the most memorable experience I've ever had with visual entertainment. Everything from the story to the visuals to the sound was captivating and breathtaking. Definitly the best game out to date. I'd definitly recommend this to anybody.

Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed
Offered by lakeplacegames
Price: $11.98
162 used & new from $4.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Game With A Somewhat Repetitive Storyline, August 6, 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Assassin's Creed (Video Game)
Assassin's Creed blew me away when I first put it in my console and started playing it. The first thing I noticed about the game was it's mesmorizing graphics. The details really stand out as you climb up the side of a tower or jump from rooftop to rooftop. The gameplay was also very fun at first and the storyline was different from other games that have been released as of late. The only problem I have with this game is that after a couple days of gameplay, you start to see yourself getting bored. You basically do the same 5 or so tasks over and over again then you assassinate your target. Rinse, Wash, Repeat. Now, this is a very good game for the price, but it might be a better rental. I would recommend renting Assassin's Creed and if you love the game then I'd say to buy it.

Mlb 2K9 Xbox360
Mlb 2K9 Xbox360
Offered by Rocket Services
Price: $17.99
121 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game in my opinion, August 6, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mlb 2K9 Xbox360 (Video Game)
I'm training to do editorial reviews for a videogame company I started awhile back and professionally, I'd have to say that I don't see any problems with MLB 2K9. Maybe it's just my game, but I thought MLB 2K9 was a very solid baseball game for the XBox 360. Now I'm not saying to ignore the negative reviews, because even top gaming informers such as IGN complained of the problems that MLB 2K9 brought but I didn't see any problems with the game. So all in all, I give the game a 5 star rating for great graphics, great gameplay, great online and for the live roster update which is by far one of the most amazing features I've seen in a baseball game. I'd recommend the game, but only after doing some research first.

Philips DVDR3475 1080p DVD Recorder with HDMI
Philips DVDR3475 1080p DVD Recorder with HDMI

3.0 out of 5 stars the connecting cables that came with the dvd recorder did not work, so i had to buy somemore., May 28, 2009
the product did not come with a working cable, i had to buy it myself

TNA Impact
TNA Impact
Offered by Games For Less Online
Price: $12.99
52 used & new from $2.85

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely amazing, September 19, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: TNA Impact (Video Game)
I just had to sign onto my mother's amazon account to review this game. I didn't expect much from TNA Impact! considering it didn't have the backing of past generation systems like WWE does with their products. Well I went over to a friends house and he told me he had just picked up the new TNA videogame. So we popped it into his PS3 and within about 10 minutes of gameplay, I was abosolutely amazed at how awesome this game is and I had to log on amazon.com and buy a copy for myself to own.

Graphics: The graphics are everything you'd expect and more out of a next-gen game. From the facial expressions down to the beads of sweat pouring down the wrestlers faces... it's just amazingly realistic. 10/10

Controls: The controls are very simple which I enjoyed. I got pretty frustrated with the controls of the SVR series, where the controls would change completely every game and as someone else stated in an earlier review, TNA Impact! is not about trying to create a wrestling simulation. It's about having fun and not taking 30 minutes to learn the controls. A very simple control scheme indeed. 10/10

Story: Now the story in any wrestling game can tend to be somewhat cliche and silly at times, but you do need to understand that if the story was at a stature of a game like Metal Gear Solid 4, then it would just blow. You have your story mode of course, such as any wrestling game should have, but this story is more complex then the SVR games story modes, which made it a major plus. 9.5/10

All in all, I'm basically saying that this game is definitly worth renting, if not buying. A definite buy in my eyes even for fans of wrestling who aren't familiar with TNA wrestling. Some people have brought up places where this game might lack, which I disagree with. But if it does lack in certain spots, it makes up for it in others such as graphics and controls.

So go rent it. Guaranteed you won't be dissapointed.

PETER CETERA 'LIVE'
PETER CETERA 'LIVE'

1.0 out of 5 stars i was told item is not in stock anymore but it is still on amazon. why is that?, August 24, 2008
This review is from: PETER CETERA 'LIVE' (DVD)
i never received this dvd and was told it was out of stock and they wont get anymore yet it is still advertised by amazon. whats up?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2008 1:20 AM PST