Profile for Oakland Mama > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Oakland Mama RSS Feed (Oakland CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and a great value, November 9, 2014
We love this style of Reisenthel bag. We have them in green and this fun pink pattern. The bag is lightweight, folds up small, is relatively inexpensive and has a ZIPPER! The zipper is the key when you've got a lot of stuff and want to be able to set the bag down without things falling out. We traveled with a couple of them and they held up great through lots of use and washing (cold & hang dry). I haven't used the carrying bag as the carrying bag for the bag itself, but instead use it as a nice little zippered bag for small things like makeup or pens (i.e. it's really two bags - one big, one small - for $7).

Trademark Innovations Premium Folding Camp Cot, 70-Inch by 23-Inch by 10.5-Inch, Black
Offered by Service Speed & 1 Year Warranty!
Price: $37.99
2 used & new from $19.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I really want to like this - it's a fine size and I love ..., November 9, 2014
I really want to like this - it's a fine size and I love the carrying case - but so far we've been disappointed with:
1) ODOR
Out of the box there was a musty odor to both the bag (has the stomach acid smell that old camping equipment can get) and the cot fabric smells like it's been a box in the dark for too long. Normally, I would have returned it based on the odor, but we needed to use it the first day (had paid extra for shipping), so it's staying (and is now outside in the sun).
2) BACK MOVEMENT
When you adjust the back to the most upright position and then sit down, the back jumps up from your rear pulling the fabric. The back doesn't actually fall out of place, but it's a really disconcerting feeling to have the back of the chair move.

Drive Accessories KT-1012-16S/L, Toyota Corolla, 16" Silver Replica Wheel Cover, (Set of 4)
Offered by Car-Accessories
Price: $20.41
6 used & new from $20.41

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks fine, stays on the wheels and cheap enough to replace (get 2nd set!), April 13, 2014
We've got a 2003 Toyota Maxtrix (the base model). More than any other car I've had, our front passenger-side hubcab is alway getting scraped and falling off.

I bought one set of these wheel covers and put them on all of the wheels. They were very easy to install and I haven't had one fall off yet.

Note, they are made out of some kind of plastic, so they crack relatively easily (cosmetic only). Due to the cracking and inevitable scraping, I bought a second set which I'm using to replace the front passenger-side one as it gets cracked/scraped. So far, I've only replaced one and think I'm good for another few years.

Reach_autoparts NEW Power Window Master Control Switch Fit for 2003-2008 Toyota Matrix Front

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well (so far)!, April 13, 2014
We have a 2003 Toyota Matrix.
This part failed and was crazy expensive to buy from the dealer.
It took a while to arrive (that's more about being spoiled by Prime), but reasonable for international.
SUPER EASY TO INSTALL...I just had to remove the piece that covers the window controller, disconnect, connect the new one and put the cover back on (may need to disconnect the battery too).

We've had it installed for about a month - I'll update if it lasts a while or fails/has issues.

Ekto Drop Protective Cover for iPad 2 and New iPad, Frost
Ekto Drop Protective Cover for iPad 2 and New iPad, Frost
Offered by The Mediastore
Price: $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for easy & safe gripping (especially good for kid use!), December 5, 2013
I bought this after I dropped my iPad almost 2 year ago and have been really happy with it. It never feels fragile or slippery or precious, which I know is lovely for some, but not in our busy household with two kids.
I don't know how it would survive if I dropped it, because this case is so good and "grippy", nobody in the house has dropped it. It has survived a few low falls, which is great.

Jag Jeans Women's Paley Boot Jean
Jag Jeans Women's Paley Boot Jean

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like NYDJ, you'll love these, November 3, 2011
So comfortable and flattering...I put them on and danced around! They are the serious "fake out" jeans, in that they have a fake zipper and pockets that make it look as though you're wearing the standard low rise jeans, but then they've got extra top area that holds in those bulges and goes comfortably up to your waist. So long as you're not tucking in your shirt, nobody will know!
I wear the same size in these that I do in NYDJ (which is a size smaller than I do in other pants).

Spy Gear Spy Lazer Chase
Spy Gear Spy Lazer Chase
Offered by Scientifics Online
Price: $17.42
15 used & new from $13.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Shame on Spy Gear - NO truth in advertising, June 24, 2011
This review is from: Spy Gear Spy Lazer Chase (Toy)
I usually buy most toys on Amazon, or on the rare occasion I don't, I check the Amazon reviews from my phone in the toy store. BUT I (foolishly) took a leap of faith and bought this at the store without reading these reviews.

Let me tell you there was NO DOUBT in anyone's mind that there would be a red light streaming out of these puppies once you turned them on. Of course there would be...they've got pictures of the red lights all over the packaging. But NO, there is NO light. And it's not broken, that's just the way it works.

Had I purchased these on Amazon (well I probably wouldn't have after reading the reviews) I would have had proper expectations. But making a purchase after looking at the real packaging in a real store, I feel totally mislead and lied to by Spy Gear.

So shame on you, Spy Gear!
And thank you, Amazon, for this great review system!
And thank you, Amazon customers, for filling it up with (usually) valuable reviews!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 15, 2011 10:53 AM PDT

Suisse Sport Yosemite 5 Person 2 Room Dome Tent 10' x 8'
Suisse Sport Yosemite 5 Person 2 Room Dome Tent 10' x 8'
Price: $84.16
3 used & new from $74.05

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the $, but cheaply made, May 5, 2011
This is a fine cheap tent. It's big. It has a fun divider. It sets up relatively easily.
But our poles were very poorly made and keep loosing the metal ends that attach them to the bottom of the tent...which is OK when you're at home and can find the ends or figure out a work-around and NOT OK when you're camping and can't. I tried contacting the manufacturer's customer service through their website but got no response. I also think the zippers on the door may be a problem, but not after one use.

Bosch : SHE5AL02UC 24 Ascenta Series Full Console Dishwasher - White
Bosch : SHE5AL02UC 24 Ascenta Series Full Console Dishwasher - White

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm baffled this gets good reviews, May 4, 2011
We needed to replace an old Maytag dishwasher, and this one seemed like a modestly priced model from a good brand, with good online reviews so it had to work well.
But it SUCKS! Seriously and because we're a family that has lots of dishes, it pisses me off daily. It's small inside and fits much fewer dishes than our old one. The racks have really weird spacing, which makes inefficient use of the existing space. All the dishes need to be in alignment with the water (due to the "water saving" placement) or they don't get clean at all. The drying system does not work (something that was mentioned by the install guy, but not the sales guy). The dishes come out looking spotty and dirty...I often rerun them or wash them by hand as I take them out.
EEEEKKKK!

eGear PICO Zipper Light, Blue
eGear PICO Zipper Light, Blue
Offered by Gap30Cycles
Price: $11.62
4 used & new from $7.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Great TINY (key-sized) flashlight, December 21, 2010
First off, this flashlight is the size of a key (check out other websites where the photos of it have a quarter next to it or it being held between two fingers so you can gage relative size). I purchased 4 for kids' holiday gifts, thinking they were closer in size to a stick of butter, but ended up giving them to adults as they were too small (loseable) and too bright (when shined in my eyes) for my under-8 crowd.

But, if you're looking for a bright tiny light, this one is great. It is amazingly bright (lights up our bedroom), easy to use (I thought it would turn on in my purse, but it only does when I actually twist it) and looks great (such fun colors)...and it can send you off on the whole pocket survivalist / Doug Ritter tangent. I also purchased a bunch of the cheapie watch batteries off Amazon, so I should be able to keep them bright for a long time without much additional expense.

My one complaint is that three out of the four I ordered had battery problems so they didn't work right out of the package (two were dim and one didn't light at all). I wrote to e-gear and they said to wipe off the batteries and if that didn't work, they'd send me new ones.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2012 7:10 PM PST