Profile for Sandy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 39

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sandy RSS Feed (CT)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Vegollete Zucchini Pasta Maker Hulk, Spiral Vegetable Slicer
Vegollete Zucchini Pasta Maker Hulk, Spiral Vegetable Slicer
Offered by Flawless Products
Price: $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to get your veggies and can the pasta, October 4, 2014
This spiral slicer works great. It makes two sizes of vegetable spirals, thinner and slightly thicker. It works very fast, you use it like you would a pencil sharpener. You "lose" the middle, but that's a good thing because that's the mushy part with the seeds. Sometimes I chomp on the extra piece while I'm making the spirals. It's very little waste. I get more waste at the end, you are supposed to be able to use the top to help finish the piece of vegetable, but I haven't gotten it to work, so I twirl it carefully not to cut myself until I can't do it by hand anymore. Still, very little waste and if you really wanted to, you could chop the extra by hand and add it to your pile of spirals. The spirals are a great replacement for pasta, and my toddler is fooled by them! Squash should only be gently cooked or they get mushy. I saute them for no more than a minute. It has a compact design that fits into my sharps drawer. I've never used a different spiral cutter, but I wouldn't bother with a different one because this one is well made, and the larger counter top spiral cutters are probably more hassle than they are worth.

Grimm's Wooden Toddler Preschool Puzzle, Shapes & Symbols (includes 12 Wood Block Pieces for Stacking)
Offered by Natural Family Shop
Price: $41.95
2 used & new from $41.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult puzzle, January 7, 2014
I really love Grimm's blocks. We own a few sets and stackers. This was the first puzzle I ordered and it's gorgeous like all other Grimm's pieces, but it's so hard that I have trouble putting it together, let alone my toddler. Because the wood is handcrafted, it doesn't fit together very well, and it's very hard to complete the puzzle. I wish I had chosen a simpler design because the pieces might fit together better and it wouldn't be frustrating to complete.

Chickity Doo Doo 40 Organic Fertilizer, 5-3-2.5, 40-Pound (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, terrible shipping. Needs to be boxed or bagged before shipping!, May 16, 2013
This stuff is pretty good! My grass is loving it. Though the packaging was awful. I knocked off a star because of it. It wasn't put it in another box or bag, they just shipped it as is and stuck a label on it. It looks like the bag ripped during shipping and we may have lost some product. Someone taped it closed at some point. I think the bag is too thin to ship on its own. We ended up using it anyway instead of dealing with the hassle of returning, because most of it was still here and we were going to get a good rain and wanted to lay the fertilizer. The smell was strong, but not much different from other fertilizers we have used in the past. It just smells like fertilizer and did for about a day after it rained, then the smell went away. We love that this product is an all natural solution to our lawn care regimen and we hope more people start using natural fertilizers. This is a quality product!

Skip Hop Zoo Straw Bottle, Owl, 12 Ounce
Skip Hop Zoo Straw Bottle, Owl, 12 Ounce
Price: $5.99
11 used & new from $5.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Got the BPA sticker off! Great cup., March 26, 2013
The BPA free sticker comes off with PEANUT BUTTER! Leave it on for half an hour and then wipe off. When you're done you have an awesome, simple, easy to hold, easy to use, straw cup. Enjoy.

Bonnie Baby Baby-Girls Infant Birthday Capri Set
Bonnie Baby Baby-Girls Infant Birthday Capri Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Too cute for first birthday!, January 7, 2013
Got this for my baby to wear on her first birthday. Ordered 18 months because she fits in Carter's and Gap 12-18 months and it fit true to size. Her birthday was in the winter so we put a long sleeve heather gray onesie underneath and it matched well. She is mostly crawling and cruising and the tutu did not get in the way. It washed well, even after getting some strawberry stains and cake on it. The gray material is soft t shirt material and the leggings are soft too. We will definitely buy more Bonnie Baby in the future! They make cute party outfits!

Haflinger Women's GZ Spirit Mule
Haflinger Women's GZ Spirit Mule
Price: $111.95 - $115.95

5.0 out of 5 stars My first pair, and won't be my last!, September 28, 2012
Wow these are comfortable! I think these are more comfortable than any of the Birkenstocks I've owned. They fit me true to size, and I'm glad I ordered my normal size. Though, they are very wide and I probably wouldn't order the unisex version of these shoes because they are probably even wider. But, this means I can wear very heavy socks with them, well into Winter. I purchased this pair because of an amazingly low price drop here on Amazon, it was an absolute steal, especially since this is my first pair and I really just wanted to try them. I was trying to figure out what made the design of these so special, spirit circle things, I wasn't impressed with the picture online. But when I wore these out into the sunlight I realized the thread in them is a satiny rainbow thread. Very subtle but pretty. Love these.

Balboa Baby High Chair Cover, Red Poppy
Balboa Baby High Chair Cover, Red Poppy

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but a little cumbersome, September 25, 2012
I don't put my baby in a shopping cart, so this seemed like a good solution. I didn't want to buy a big bulky shopping cart cover to use as just a high chair cover, so this seemed like a good solution. It works pretty well and is really big, I actually think it would fit in a shopping cart but the other reviewer said it doesn't. You might be able to sort of negotiate it into working with a shopping cart. That's what I have to do with it in the high chair anyway. It seems too big for a high chair and is constantly shifting around. I also wish it was a little thinner so it would be more compact when folding up. It would be better if it had an elastic or a drawstring around the top of it. Getting baby into it takes some negotiation, to get her legs through the holes and the "safety belt." It's usually a two person job. The "safety belt" goes through 2 little holes in the back of the cover and you're supposed to wrap it around the legs of the high chair and stick the Velcro together. So you drape this thing over the high chair, because it doesn't fit snuggly it sort of just flops around. You adjust it so the leg holes are sort of where the leg holes of the high chair are. Then you thread the "safety belt" through the holes and hope it doesn't all come apart when you put your kicking child into it. If you get the baby in successfully, you hope the Velcro will make it around your child (I have a small 9 month old) and Velcro it together. The Velcro usually comes apart within the first few minutes. It would work better as a tie. Anyway, it keeps baby covered from the dirty high chair. As for the care of this thing, we've had it for about a month and it's already faded. We wash it every time we use it, because it's fabric so it inevitably gets dirty and you can't just wipe it. So we've washed it 2-3 times a week for about a month. It tangles the laundry with it's Velcro. The print is pretty, but I wish it wasn't so faded. The only other good thing about it is that it folds into itself, sort of like how you would fold socks, into it's own little pocket. It's still big though, about the size of an airline pillow, and it doesn't fit in my diaper bag. I am not sure if this thing is worth it, and as she gets older I will probably think of another solution. I wouldn't buy another but I do use it, and it would make a pretty good gift for the person who has everything.

Tomy Lamaze Wrist Rattle and Foot Finder Set
Tomy Lamaze Wrist Rattle and Foot Finder Set
Price: $12.83
34 used & new from $6.79

2.0 out of 5 stars Seemed like a great idea, but baby isn't interested, September 25, 2012
These seemed like a cute and perfect idea for baby to play with. I got them before baby was born. Baby never showed an interest. We use the socks as sock puppets sometimes now to get some use out of them. The wrist toys were never played with. Baby loves all the other Lamaze toys, as do I, just not these.

Zutano Baby-girls Infant Mushrooms Sunhat, Celery, 12 Months
Zutano Baby-girls Infant Mushrooms Sunhat, Celery, 12 Months

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute and functional!, September 21, 2012
We ordered this hat in the mushroom print in the 6 month and then 12 month sizes. It is true to size. We ended up getting a second one because baby outgrew the first in the middle of summer and we liked the first so much! It's a very cute hat and fits well. We have received so many compliments on it! It protects baby's eyes well, the brim is floppy but just stiff enough to stay out of the face. The hat ties at the neck and this can be challenging with a baby but it doesn't bother me. The material is soft. I give it 4 rather than 5 stars because I'm not sure if it's UV protected like other hats I've seen claim, and the price is sky high, spending $35+ dollars on the two hats was a big ouch!

Disana Organic Merino Wool Cover-Natural-74/80 (6-12 mo)
Disana Organic Merino Wool Cover-Natural-74/80 (6-12 mo)
Offered by Little Spruce Organics
Price: $25.99
2 used & new from $25.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners and overnighters!, August 29, 2012
I started to think my baby might be uncomfortable with PUL covering her diaper overnight since she was waking up with cold and damp skin. No rashes, but still not seemingly comfortable. This cover was the first and only wool cover I've tried, mostly because of cost and good reviews. I am glad we purchased it. It's very easy to care for and it's so soft and it really works! It's breathable, yet doesn't leak. I would love to use wool during the day, but there is no way it's possible with this cover, it's beyond bulky. I can barely get her footies jammies over these and will need the bigger size sooner than she outgrows them. It usually takes more than a day to dry after washing (I wash it with Eucalan and then roll it in a couple dry towels to get most of the moisture out, then lay flat to dry) so since we only have one, we have to use a pocket that night. I would love to buy more but wool is so expensive! We got the 74/80 for our baby and at 16 pounds and 8 months, there's plenty of room to grow. Overall it's a great diaper and I am very pleased. The merchant, Little Spruce Organics, is great too, I had a question about the product and they responded promptly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4