Profile for BriSon > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BriSon RSS Feed (MI, USA)

Kyjen FH05022 Fire Hose Squeak Toy Fetch Dog Toys, Large, Red
Kyjen FH05022 Fire Hose Squeak Toy Fetch Dog Toys, Large, Red
Price: $5.91
34 used & new from $4.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dog toy!, September 29, 2012
I bought the Fire Hose toy for my 6 month old Lab puppy Bliss. She loves playing retrieve with it in the house. It's light weight and doesn't mark or harm the walls, windows or anything that it accidentally hits as it is being thrown. Bliss will gnaw and chew on the Fire Hose toy after she has tired herself out from retrieving it. It's her favorite toy, sometimes I have to hide it for a day just so she will play with a different toy. No toy is indestructible, but this one is still in good shape. I'd say it is best for older puppies that have lost their needle sharp baby teeth.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Mr. Magoo in Sherwood Forest
Mr. Magoo in Sherwood Forest
DVD ~ Jim Backus
Price: $6.24
25 used & new from $2.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazon has it all wrong!!! This is a Cartoon!!!, May 17, 2010
This review is from: Mr. Magoo in Sherwood Forest (DVD)
This is not the live action movie that Amazon says but a older cartoon from the sixties, I think. It stars Jim Backus (Mr Howell from Gilligan's Island) as the voice of Magoo and other voice actors in different roles. There is a whole series of these movies and this is the first release. Get it right people!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 1, 2011 10:41 AM PDT

Hit Box 2 (3 CD Set)
Hit Box 2 (3 CD Set)
Price: $15.94
19 used & new from $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP!!!!!, July 16, 2004
This review is from: Hit Box 2 (3 CD Set) (Audio CD)
Unfortunately, I did not check online for any kind of review like the previous one listed. Do yourself a favor and pass this one up. The "Original Artists" are listed is listed as a come-on on the cover. All this means is someone got a hold of one or more members of the original group. It's more like "Karaoke for Artists who cannot afford to feed themselves". The recordings probably date back to early 80's. This is a pure guess because a few of the artists are deceased now. A curio piece for diehard music fans who want to know if their favorites still sound the same. (Some do - Most don't!)
I cannot make my disappointment strong enough. BEWARE!!!
P.S. I have to give this 1 star against my will-Actual Rating- 0 stars!!!!

Highway to Hell
Highway to Hell
Price: $9.00
104 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Two Points of view - Two Ratings, February 28, 2003
This review is from: Highway to Hell (Audio CD)
Hello fellow AC/DC fans, I have 2 thoughts on this release and it goes for the rest of the catalog reissues as well. If you have never bought this release or bought a copy before 1994 then I would definitely buy this. The package and the sound are great.
However, if you, like myself bought the first "original tapes remastered" version released in 1994 , I would pass. It sounds exactly the same as the new "original two track remasters". If you want to upgrade for the pkg(new cd booklet) then go for it. If you are looking for miracle updated sound forget it. By the way, the 5 stars are for the point of view of "I don't have this yet and wonder if its worth it." For me the person on the third round of AC/DC reissues, it rates 2 stars for the Digipak and Book!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 19, 2012 1:29 AM PDT

Wings Over America
Wings Over America
37 used & new from $6.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Dear Capitol, What are you waiting for???, January 3, 2002
This review is from: Wings Over America (Audio CD)
Yes, I like my other McCartney fanfriends broke down the other day and purchased the England EMI import version. Tired of waiting around and listening to "Maybe I'm Amazed" on our classic rock station. Disc one sounds different from disc two, maybe two different sources were used. The five stars are for the performance of the band. I would purchase this only if you can't wait for the domestic. Capitol, please put some effort into the remastering and packaging of this classic. I know you can do it - look at the reissue of "Band On The Run"!!!

One More From the Road
One More From the Road
Price: $28.37
59 used & new from $12.87

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the ESSENTIAL LYNYRD SKYNYRD RECORDING!, September 22, 2001
This review is from: One More From the Road (Audio CD)
The original studio recordings are great but this is what made me a fan of Lynyrd Skynyrd. These live recordings have never sounded better(explained in the accompanying booklet) and what a package! These discs cover the three nights that Skynyrd played the Fox Theater Atlanta, Georgia. This package blows away the reissue from 1996. From the Intro to Freebird, the original release is resequenced with songs not found on the previous reissue and followed by a bonus "concert" made of eight additional recordings - three previously unreleased.

Hot August Night (Remastered / Expanded) (2CD)
Hot August Night (Remastered / Expanded) (2CD)
Price: $7.39
60 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth The Price of Admission!!!!!!, August 24, 2000
28 years ago today, Neil walked onstage at the Greek Theater, Los Angeles, CA. He took everyone for a walk down memory lane one last time and in the process recorded what would become the last look at Neil Diamond - Singer,Songwriter,Troubador,etc. He would take a sabbatical and emerge with the Jonathan Livinston Seagull Soundtrack. Truly a monumental peak in a mountain of accomplishments, Hot August Night is a rare recording that still holds up well today. The remastering is top notch and the inclusion of three bonus tracks-Walk on Water, Kentucky Woman and Stones are icing on a wonderfully multi-layered cake. The first time I heard these, I found myself applauding as a first time audience member. I have acquired this on almost every configuration released(I didn't own a 8 track). I would buy every show from these recordings if they released it. That is how entertaining this set is. The packaging is faithful to the original gatefold album including 2 pictures that have not seen daylight since 1973 or 1974 when they stopped pressing the gatefold in favor of the cheaper sleeve. It would've been complete with the album labels reproduced on the cds themselves but that is the only detail missing that I've noticed. Overall, I give this CD 100 stars out of five. If anyone attended these shows please contact me at my email. I would like to get more info about these shows!!!

The Doors On the Road
The Doors On the Road
by Greg Shaw
21 used & new from $34.19

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must for DOORS fans!, April 25, 1998
This review is from: The Doors On the Road (Paperback)
Through the author's obviously extensive research, we are given a backstage pass to one of America's most influential groups of the 60's. Mr Shaw does not pretend that this is the last word on the subject(in fact, he leaves his email address at the beginning for updates) but this is a clear picture of the performance aspect with as much info as possible. Dates, set-lists and venues are here as well as a review of the show. No punches are pulled from Mr Morrison who did not give consistent performances every night. Given his personality who could expect him to? The work also goes into the post-Morrson life of the band culminating in the induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Jan. 93. Doors on the Road is also filled with photos all the way through their career. Enjoyable from beginning "until The End." Thanks Greg Shaw. Ladies and Gentlemen, from Los Angeles,Ca, THE DOORS!!!!!