Profile for Dianne E. Socci-Tetro > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 121

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dianne E. Socci-Tetro "When I was your age, television was called books." RSS Feed (Reading Over Your Shoulder - USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Sterling Silver Oxidized Dyed Coral Wide Ring, Size 7
Sterling Silver Oxidized Dyed Coral Wide Ring, Size 7
Price: $73.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Unique but Simple, March 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I liked this ring a lot - except for the fact that it made bending my fingers an awkward proposition. Make sure you get the correct size for the finger you want to wear it on. If your finger is a little too large and you force the ring on, you will have a difficult time taking it off. I tried this ring on several of my fingers and it went on one of them just fine, but when it came time to take if off it very nearly wouldn't come off.

Yes, it does come boxed beautifully; perfect for a medium priced gift for either a man OR woman. This is a very unisex piece of jewelry.

Once I had worn this for a couple of hours I no longer felt too uncomfortable in it.

It has lovely details and the coral is a wonderful color. The ring looks exactly as it does in the picture.

It would make a unique wedding band . This ring is perfect for almost any casual or semi-casual occasion.

L'Oreal Paris Cosmetics Infallible Pro-Last Color Lipstick, Toujour Teaberry
L'Oreal Paris Cosmetics Infallible Pro-Last Color Lipstick, Toujour Teaberry
Price: $9.88
5 used & new from $7.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as Claimed, March 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Surprisingly enough, this product does last all day. I ate, drank, kissed, slept and even ran my fingers over my lips to see if I could wipe it off. I was unable to remove it without using Ponds cold cream. However, once the 'gloss' part wears off, the stain part left my lips feeling and looking flaky. I could have reapplied the glossing agent but I prefer a matte finish to my lip products. So this was perfect for me.

The color runs true to the picture.

Putting this on takes a little effort, there are no directions with the product so if you buy it in a drugstore the packaging may be different and have the directions with it (although you can find the directions here) and for quite a while afterwards it feels thick and unnatural. A bizarre feeling that was quite unpleasant.

But the fact that it does last 24 hours with the workout I gave it, does allow me to give it a four star rating.

Winkine Vintage Canvas Laptop Backpack - Functional School College Outdoor Travel Rucksack / Shoulder Bag - Fit 15.6 Inch
Offered by Histore
Price: $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars If They Made Handbags I'd be in Heaven, March 15, 2015
You are not going to find a better backpack for this price. The construction of it, the style of it and the backpacks ability to hold just about anything is incredible. I wish this company sold woman's shoulder bags and handbags. I'd buy anything they could make.

I haven't seen construction like this in ages. What I could cram into it, besides my laptop was just phenomenal. The straps are so well padded, and the bag so well balanced that I could carry an extra 20 pounds of stuff on my back without any twinges.

My bag held my 15 inch laptop, my 8.9 inch Kindle HDX, my rather large wallet, glasses, phone, power cords, adapters a purse insert with everything that goes into my purse and other ladies things.

I think if I absolutely had to I could pack for an overnight and have everything I needed, office wise, into this one bag.

The construction is super heavy duty and I would think that anything untoward that would happen to this bag would be an anomaly and a very rare one at that.

I just can't get over the retro look this has, just like a barn-coat of old or a well loved canvas saddle bag.

Product supplied for testing and reviewing purposes.

MHOC Fleece Lined Leggings Full Length Seamless Thick - Regular & Plus Size
MHOC Fleece Lined Leggings Full Length Seamless Thick - Regular & Plus Size
Offered by My House Of Chic
Price: $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant Yet Snuggle Worthy, March 14, 2015
Wow, color me impressed! I wish that I had had these at the beginning of the winter instead of just now getting these. They are super worm without adding bulk, they control my thighs and belly just like a nice pair of panty hose, they are thick enough for me to wear a hip length sweater or top and keep modest. Shorter if I where going to a club. If I had a flat stomach I would be able to wear these with a crop top. Why? It's because the waist band comes up higher than your waist and stays in placed

I am definitely an XL if not a tad bigger and was a little worried when these came and said "one size fits all". I shouldn't have worried...they fit and with a little room to spare. The legs are long enough to be able to tuck these into ankle boots.

The seams are sewn tightly.

They will snag so take care.

They can withstand being washed on delicate and dried on regular. But if you want them to last longer, I would line dry them.

Sample supplied to testing and reviewing purposes.

Ivation 1800 Watt Portable Induction Countertop Cooktop Burner, Easy Clean Full Glass Top w/Touch Button Control
Offered by DBROTH
Price: $79.99
2 used & new from $79.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Compatible With All Pots and Pans, March 13, 2015
All the important Stats for this are listed in the product description, you don't need me to rehash them for you.

I almost thought I was going to have to send this back. I thought I was using the proper pan--you know the one a magnet will stick to so you know its made for induction stoves - the burner would stop bleating a warning no matter what I did. Come to find out I had picked up the wrong pan.

Con - Yes I am a little annoyed that I can't use all of my pots and pans, and of course that is clearly stated in the product descriptions, but it is a small price to pay for this kind of convenience. If you can have a magnet cling to the bottom of your pot or pan you will be good to go.

Con possibly -The other possible 'con' to this product is cleaning it. I used it to sear a pork roast (it did wonderfully and was quite fast at it) but when I tried to clean the machine of the grease spatters per manufacturer's instructions, I just got a larger mess. So since I am testing this for other consumers -I will let you know that I tried Windex to get it clean and grease free and that it worked-beautifully. However, I don't know what it will do in the long term and I will let you know later on.

I cook on a glass top stove - this has it beat by far. As a matter of fact I am now looking into getting rid of my stove and getting the two or 4 burner induction unit that fits into your counter.

Pre-heats super fast to boil water or to fry or saute. Nearly no waiting for pans to pre-heat.

Once pan is off the burner and burner turned off- it takes a matter of about 1 minute before I could put my hand on it. I haven't timed this part, but I will -why you may ask? Because I have a very nosy cat who is like a heat seeking missile. I do not want to take a chance that she will jump up on it. Normally I will put a cold pot on my burners that are cooling off so just in case the cats does do the forbidden and jump she wont get hurt.

This aspect is going to be important for any household that has children of a certain age.

I can move this anywhere, take it anywhere - even on a picnic (as long as there is an outlet around) to make it easier to boiled the shrimp and corn!

Sample provided for testing and reviewing purposes.

Non Slip Skid Socks, For Hospital Use, Traveling, Yoga Or Pilates Studio, Home Use, 2 Pairs Value Pack Set, Black - Size S/M
Offered by YogaAddict
Price: $28.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Allows Me Confidence, March 12, 2015
I need socks, especially this time of the year, that will not only keep my feet warm, but prevent me from skidding across the wooden floors in my house. These are perfect. They help me keep my balance without constricting my toes. I'm a 7.5 shoe and the S/M's are perfect. As a matter of fact if I want to use them as slippers, there is enough room for me to wear another pair of ankle length socks underneath,.

The rubber dots on the bottom of the socks are unobtrusive and I barely know they are there. I can stand on them for long periods of time with out any pain like I encounter with some other brands of no-skid socks and slippers.

Come summer time the fact that they are more like a 'bootie' is going to come into play even better than during winter. I'l be able to be stylish while wearing these with a pair of black and fuchsia sneakers and my yoga attire.

They withstand a heavy cycle wash and a long cycle of drying with no problems.

Sample provided for testing and reviewing purposes.

V7 TUC25R-8-GRY-14N / Universal TUC25R-8-GRY-14N Carrying Case (Folio) for 8" iPad mini, Tablet - Gray
Offered by TagaDavao
Price: $30.00
3 used & new from $28.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile and Stylish, March 11, 2015
I have a difficult to fit 8.1" HP tablet AND the Kindle 7" - these both fit nice and snug into this product. So in a way the description is doing this product a huge disservice. I know that this cover will fit a lot of tablets that are even smaller than mine.

This is an elegant looking unisex product that is easy to use.

The straps appear that they would cover up most of my ports and buttons to my various products, but they don't.

It is especially nice that you can use this cover to prop up you tablet and then and and use a keyboard.

This cover is a lovely neutral gray that is wonderfully business like without being stuffy.

Lacy Eye
Lacy Eye
by Jessica Treadway
Price: $19.71
68 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, Just WOW, March 10, 2015
This review is from: Lacy Eye (Hardcover)
Wow...just WOW. This is by no means the perfect book, nor is it even the most enjoyable. However it is a book that grabs you by the back of the neck and shakes you until you don't know whether you are coming or going. It forces us to face the question of -do we really know the people we love the most in the world, and how far would we go to make them happy.

As the synopsis says - Hanna is the only one left alive when her husband and she are attacked by Cricket bat wielding intruders. Hanna did live through massive injuries but not with all her memories intact. Now the man put behind bars for this murder is getting a new trial and just guess as to who his beloved girlfriend is, and she has been since before the attack...Dawn, Joe and Hanna's youngest and oddest daughter. She too had been implicated but never brought to trial.

This book is told from Hanna's point of view, more like an autobiography than a novel. This ploy helps us keep on track of wondering what really happened that fateful night.

This story skips around quite a bit, helping us to fill in the personalities of the main players. It helped me so much that I wanted to alternately smack the heck out of the parents sometimes and then smack the daughter other times. The mother can come off as very naive, head-in-the-sand type, yet she is loving with her whole heart. The daughter can come off as a pathetically bullied misfit - but on the other hand, she can give you chills.

Now Hanna is regaining her memory-in huge chunks and it is fascinating to be there when she realizes just what happened that night and all is not what she was led to believe.

An ensnaring novel that is both gritty and clever, at times tedious yet still fascinating enough so you can't put it down.

ARC supplied by publisher for reviewing purposes.

Wabash Valley Farms Popcorn All-Inclusive Popping Kits - Real Theater Popcorn - 5 Pack - 27.5oz
Offered by Etailz
Price: $13.74
7 used & new from $10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient and Tasty, March 7, 2015
This initially came as a sample with my Wabash Valley Farms 25008 Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper and after tasting it I was impressed, until I made the mistake of adding some extraCountry Harvest Butter Flavored Salt, 9-Ounce. Waaay to much salt for my taste buds and blood pressure.

These packets are simple and easy to use, although the popcorn tends to get a funny feel and taste after it gets cold. From the coconut oil re-hardening I imagine.

The other problem is that these kits are just too expensive. Convenient? Yes, these kits are; but for the price you can buy your own popcorn, butter salt and coconut oil, add a dash of clarified butter and produce an even healthier and tastier snack.

This vendor is really selling this for a good price compared to some of the other vendors on Amazon. The other company I was thinking of using only gave you 4 packets for 8.99$ and wanted to charge almost 5$ for shipping.

This vendor is giving a way better deal for the convenience.

Able Planet Foldable Noise Canceling Headphone
Able Planet Foldable Noise Canceling Headphone
Offered by Beach Camera Same Day Shipping
Price: $44.95
2 used & new from $44.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value -Good Sound, March 7, 2015
For the price, these can't be beat. If you are an audiophile these may not be exactly what you are looking for, but for someone who just loves to have music playing as a distraction or travels a lot and doesn't want to haul around a 300$ headset, these are perfect. They fit comfortably on me so I had my husband try them too (his head is a bit bigger than mine) he had no issues, even after an hour. I wear glasses and also three pairs of earrings and after an hour I still has no pain or any issues. They are very well padded for the price.

Once I figured out that these need a single battery which is supplied to get the noise cancelling option to work, I was good to go.The option makes a great deal of difference to me in the sound quality. I loved the fact that they are uncomplicated to use. Although you do have to worry about what ear piece goes on which ear. The volume control is in a very convenient spot and easy to control. Very user intuitive. Simple.

I took them through country western (Rascal Flatts) to classic rock (Blue Oyster Cult), classic (David Garret) , and even some Pitbull and Adele. I loved the quality of sound I got from all of these. Good bass notes and the violin was spot on. Admittedly I am not a musical expert, I am merely someone who likes to listen to music and want the best quality for the price I am willing to pay. I got that with these.

I adored the fact that these headphones filters out almost all outside noise... I haven't been able to test them on a plane yet...sorry.

Sample provided for testing and reviewing purpose

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20