Profile for Buzz > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Buzz RSS Feed (Nashville, TN)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for the price, but has limitations, November 12, 2014
I purchased this bag to carry an Aurorae yoga mat.

I'm a guy. I'm secure in my masculinity. I show up to yoga class knowing full well that I'm going to look like a pig on roller skates. I accept that I'll never be able to keep up with the younger, fitter ladies in the class. However, there is no reason that I should have to suffer suffer the indignity of having to tote a floral print, pink girly bag into the locker room.

I was happy to find a simple bag that came in a neutral olive color. While it does serve the purpose, I don't really love it.

What I like:
- Easily secures a good size yoga mat outside
- Has a bit of organization with the pocket on the end and interior zippered pocket
- Offered in at least one color that isn't embarrassing for guys
- Inexpensive enough
- Very lightweight (caveat - see below)

What I don't like:
- Size - The bag seems smaller than it appears in the photos. Perhaps it looks larger when pictured being carried by a smaller woman.
- Shape - The shape of the interior is long and not very wide, so it doesn't hold that much. However, I'm usually going to or coming from work. This bag doesn't have enough room to easily pack yoga clothes and/or shower kit. This bag might work great if you need only to carry typical yoga accessories (block, strap, towel, etc.).
- Flimsy material - The downside to the very thin, lightweight material is that it is flimsy. The bag collapses flat on top of whatever is inside. (Think plastic grocery sack.) It doesn't hold its shape at all when you open the bag to retrieve contents. The bottom of the bag has no padding at all, but the end pocket does have a thin pad.
- Tricky to pack - Due to the flimsy nature, you need to put the mat into the holder before packing the inside. Otherwise your stuff makes the bag go out of shape and it is difficult to put the mat in place.
- Handles - The handles are thin and straps are not adjustable. The length of the strap is a bit short to be a shoulder strap (for a taller guy) but a bit long to carry by your side.

Overall... I'm giving it three stars. If you only need an inexpensive shoulder bag to take your accessories to the class, it should work fine. It doesn't work as well if you need to pack a change of clothes and shower essentials.

I still use the bag on the rare occasion when I'm going directly from home to the gym and back. For most other times, I went back to my old (appropriately manly) gym bag with the mat tucked through the handles. Bulky, but workable.

WeatherTech Custom Fit Front FloorLiner for Mazda MX-5 Miata (Black)
WeatherTech Custom Fit Front FloorLiner for Mazda MX-5 Miata (Black)
Offered by Motorblood
Price: $99.66
79 used & new from $99.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great in my 2013 Miata Club model, June 19, 2014
This is the 4th vehicle that I've purhcased Weathertech mats for. The fit is unparalleled by anything else in the industry.

These don't say that they fit a 2013 Miata, but they work just fine.

Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) - supports aptX
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $64.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow... it works and sounds great, June 19, 2014
I am delighted with this purchase. I am using it with an iPhone5. My car has an aux input, but the radio does not have BT capability.

I like to listen to Podcasts in the car. However, my iPhone is in a Lifeproof case and connecting the headphones to the aux input requires removing a plug that screws in. That is a hassle every time I want to listen to something. This solves the problem by allowing me to connect over Bluetooth. The streaming audio quality is very good for my purposes.

The installation and set up of this device could not have been more simple. Just plug it in and pair with the phone. So far, it connects every single time to my phone. That is better than cars where I've had BT-enabled radios.

I have tried the speakerphone and it works fine, but don't use it regularly. My car is a convertible, so it isn't ideal for speakerphone conversations due to the interior noise level even with the top up.

I recommend it.

LE® 5W MR16 GU10 LED Bulbs, 50W Halogen Bulbs Equivalent, 350lm, Warm White, 3000K, 38° Beam Angle, Standard Size, Recessed Lighting, Track Lighting, Spotlight, LED Light Bulbs
Offered by NEON MART
Price: $17.50
4 used & new from $6.47

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not fit my fixture, May 21, 2014
I bought two of these to use in our kitchen range hood. We have a Vent-a-Hood liner insert, model BH234PSLD. I burned my hand when I accidentally touched one of the halogen lights when I was reaching up to turn off the lights,so I thought an LED replacement would solve that problem and use less energy.

The range hood is designed so that the GU10 bulb is flush with the hood. It will not fit in this application. I think it flared bell shape is slightly wider than a GU10 around the midsection. The GU10 more cone-shaped. I'm going to look at it and see if it would be possible to grind the plastic fins down a little and make it fit.

It is listed as a GU10 replacement, but the dimensions are slightly different.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2015 8:19 PM PST

White LED Lights Interior Package For Honda Odyssey (11 Pieces)
White LED Lights Interior Package For Honda Odyssey (11 Pieces)
Offered by iDeal Technology
Price: $12.96
8 used & new from $12.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, May 17, 2014
I ordered these to install in our 2006 Odyssey EX-L. They were delivered quickly and were exactly what I expected. The installation was simple and only took a few minutes. If you need some help installing, there is a video on YouTube (search "Episode #211 - Honda LED Lighting Installation") that is helpful.

What a vast improvement over the standard bulbs! They are not only much brighter, they are more energy efficient. The energy efficiency is awesome if you have children that have a bad habit of on leaving interior lights on.

The installation is easy and I highly recommend it.

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One Wireless Color Printer with Scanner, Copier & Fax
Offered by sunnytechsale
Price: $341.95
52 used & new from $117.77

1.0 out of 5 stars Issue with ink cartridges - can't print B&W if a color is out, May 17, 2014
This is my second Officejet Pro. Overall, the printer serves most of the basic functions in a satisfactory manner - scanner, wireless, printing, fast, etc. I'm using it as our family printer, so it isn't cranking out small business volume. However, with kids and school projects plus the normal household use, we do rely on it.

There is one glaring issue that really ticks me off.

One of the reasons I bought a printer with individual color cartridges is so I don't have to replace them ALL if just one runs out. The combo cartridges are wasteful and an unnecessary expense, not to mention bad for the environment.

Much to my dismay, this printer is designed so that If you run out of a COLOR ink cartridge, the printer will not print black and white. It just STOPS, despite having $40 worth of brand new black cartridge installed. It will not print black-only text until that color cartridge is replaced! This is an unwelcome surprise when you really need to print something.

Sure... keeping $75-$100 of extra color cartridges around at all times is a possible solution, but that seems silly. There should be some kind of override mode that will force black-only printing. Even a lower quality print setting, having SOMETHING would be better than nothing.

Sure, how often do you REALLY need to print? It happens.

Just this past weekend, one of our children had an allergic reaction. We scheduled the soonest available Saturday appointment at our local urgent care using their website. The website provided a 1-page form and instructed us to bring it in already filled out. No problem, just print it and fill it out on the way. Thank goodness I had the offending Yellow cartridge refilled and the other two colors showed okay on the display. i installed the newly inked yellow and expected the printer to start working. Wrong. Now the printer claimed that the Cyan cartridge was out of ink and, once again, will not print.

How do you think I'm feeling about this HP product at this point? Frustrated is the best G-rated word.

(We went to the doctor without the form. Child was treated and is fine.)

I think I'm going to add an inexpensive laser printer to our setup for B&W needs. I won't even consider HP.

UPDATE: I tried having the other two cartridges refilled. Once the printer determines that the cartridge is out, it will not accept putting that same cartridge back in even if it is now full of ink. I have read that a work-around is to swap out the refilled one with a new cartridge, let the printer reset and recognize the new cartridge, then put the refilled one back in. I'm going to try that.

What a pain to play these games. SHAME ON YOU HP!

ProSensor 710 Franklin Sensors ProSensor 710 Precision Stud Finder Yellow
ProSensor 710 Franklin Sensors ProSensor 710 Precision Stud Finder Yellow
Price: $50.77
6 used & new from $40.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best stud finder I have ever used, January 3, 2014
I purchased this stud finder after my previous one was misplaced during a move. I used the ProSensor to tackle projects like hanging pictures, installing shelves, installing a flat screen TV mount, and running wires in walls.

This is, by far, the easiest to use, most accurate, and fastest stud finder I have ever used with standard drywall.

I have used several different stud finders over the year. One of the most common tries to mark the edges of the stud. I found that repeated searches from different directions would not show a consistent location for the edges. I'd put pencil marks where the edges were. The edge locations would vary by +/- 1/2 inch and sometimes more. The big problem with this old method is that I usually didn't care where the EDGE of the stud was, I wanted to locate the CENTER so I would know where to sink my nail, screw, or whatever. It didn't need to be precisely the center, but I didn't want to miss the stud.

The LED display is much easier to read and faster than the old style that marks the edges. This one shows you the width of the stud, so locating the center

Here is my tip on usage: For larger pictures, I like to put two hooks in the wall so that the picture doesn't get bumped crooked as easily. When I am locating studs using the ProSensor, I take a small square of blue painters (masking) tape. I locate the stud using the ProSensor and mark the center of the stud by sticking the tape on the wall. I turn the tape so that the corner points down to make an arrow that points where the center of the stud is. Once I have located two studs, I can use my level to mark exactly where the hooks need to go. Couldn't be easier!

Patuoxun Universal 5 Inch GPS Navigator Sun Shade Shield Glare Visor for Magellan RoadMate RV9145 Garmin Nuvi 1450 1450T 1490T

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great for my GPS, January 3, 2014
I bought this to use with my Garmin 2597LMT. My GPS sits on the dash in a friction mount, which causes a glare from the screen reflecting on the windshield at night.

I was somewhat skeptical of whether anything "universal" would actually work, but I was willing to risk it for the low price. This mount was an inexpensive solution to the problem. I'm very happy with the purchase.

Mounting it was a breeze. First you snap the rear arms into place. The visor mounts to the GPS unit by slipping over the top. It took 2 minutes at the most. The shade is lightweight and the rear arms secure it sufficiently so that it has not moved since I installed it a couple of weeks ago.

The only adjustment to using your GPS is that the sides of the screen now have an edge. This makes is a tiny bit harder to touch the very edges of the screen. On my GPS, the lower left corner is a frequent place to tap. This is really is just a physical limitation caused by having something along the edge of the screen. If you have really large fingers, you might need a stylus or something to click some of the buttons.

All in all - this was a good purchase and I am very satisfied with it.

Update: After five months of use, the arms have become loose. I'm taking off one star for that. Now it rattles on the dash and does not stay secure like it used to. The attachment point where the arms slide into place at the shade is flimsy. Also, the rubberized pads tend to fall off. I'm going to try attaching the arms to the mount with superglue and see if that helps. Otherwise, I will be looking for another solution.

Hunter 90400 12-Inch Portable Table Fan, Brushed Nickel
Hunter 90400 12-Inch Portable Table Fan, Brushed Nickel

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to my office, September 25, 2013
My office can get stuffy at times. I wanted something to keep the air moving and maintain a professional appearance. I did not want an ugly plastic thing that looked like it came from the local discount store. A decent looking fan seemed like it would be a simple to thing to buy until I actually started looking for one.

I first bought another Hunter model from a local store. When I got it to my office, I was surpised to see that it did NOT have the tiltable head. I returned it because it would blow all the papers off my desk!

When I received it from Amazon, I was pleased to see that the fan feels heavy and well built (by modern standards). The speed selector switch is very easy to use. The fan arrives completely assembled, so all you need to do is unbox it and plug it in.

This Hunter fan fit the bill for looks and had the critical tiltable head. It has the attractive look of a vintage fan, but with the assurance that it would be safe and reliable. The fan is quite effective at moving the air. The head also swivels back and forth if needed, but I don't use the swivel feature.

The one potential issue wth this fan is that the air noise from the fan blades is a bit louder than you might expect, even on the lowest of the three speeds. You can definitely hear it running. My fan does not make any perceptible noise due to the motor running, but the blades whipping through the air produces a white noise type sound. This noise can be a good thing if you are looking to cover up the usual office sounds. The sounds gets a bit louder and little higher pitched as you cylce through low - medium - high speeds.

I give it 5 stars based on my criteria. I think is is a good purchase as long as you don't expect silent (or near silent), operation.

LifeProof iPhone 5 Case - Fre Series - Black
LifeProof iPhone 5 Case - Fre Series - Black
Price: $79.99
2 used & new from $79.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Audio quality is terrible, September 4, 2013
My wife and I each have one of these cases. Mine is black and hers is white, but our experiences have been mostly the same.

In short - the waterproof nature of the case comes with some serious compromises.

POSITIVES:
On the plus side, it is rugged. I've not submerged mine in water, but have not worried about it in the rain and have had no problems. I liked the idea of waterproof case, so I'll start it off with five stars just for delivering on rugged and waterproof.

NEGATIVES:
Audio quality: -1 star. This is the biggest issue. I can hardly understand what my wife is saying when she calls me from her phone. What good is a super case if you can't make calls? I suppose if you only text then this is not an issue.

Making calls: -1 star. While you are on the phone, it buzzes and sometimes doesn't black out when you are on a call. My phone seems to be worse on the buzzing. When it doesn't black out the screen, your cheek touches the speakerphone button and turns it on. Very annoying.

Touch screen function: -1 star. The functionality of the touch screen is compromised by the cover. Sometimes it is hard to press the right icon or key through the screem, especially near the edges. This is slightly annoying. My wife's phone got to the point where she couldn't end calls. She thought this was a phone issue, but the Verzion tech said this problem was common with Lifeproof cases. Taking the phone out of the case and cleaning the screen good seemed to help.

Price: -1 star. I think it is tremendously overpriced considering that it seriously compromises the phone.

Form Factor: -1 star. The iPhone 5 is slim and sleek. This case makes it so much bulkier. (This is a problem with most any protective case, so I would live with the bulk if everything else were good.)

In total, I give it the lowest rating Amazon allows. The negatives just outweigh the positives.

Page: 1 | 2