Profile for Exernut > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Exernut RSS Feed

Timex Mid-Size T5G971 Personal Trainer Heart Rate Monitor Watch
Timex Mid-Size T5G971 Personal Trainer Heart Rate Monitor Watch
Offered by Bob Wards
Price: $59.99
7 used & new from $42.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my Monitor, May 1, 2012
FIT

My wrist is around 5.5" so I was worried that the unisex watch would be too large for me. It is just slightly larger than I would normally wear for a sport's watch, but it really hasn't been a problem for me. It slides down my wrist a little (toward my elbow) but doesn't turn around on my wrist. I should also mention that I do have tiny forearms (not much larger than my wrists) so if your forearms are normal sized then the band probably will not slide at all. My rib cage is around 27-27.5" and I have about 2 inches left where I could tighten it some if I needed to do so. If your rib cage is less than 25" then it will be too big around. I haven't had it long enough to know for sure, but I assume that the elastic might stretch some over time. I wear the strap along the bottom edge under my sports bra and it doesn't bother me at all.

FUNCTION

I am able to see my heart rate throughout my run which is what I wanted it for. I am also able to keep my heart rate in my target zone for longer as well. If my HR goes too high too fast, then I just slow my run down a bit and focus on my breathing more. If I didn't quite spend enough time in my fat burning zone, then I just add some exercise drills at the end to get me where I want to be. I do as many reps that I need to do to keep me in my zone and then rest for a bit when I start to surpass my target zone, then go right back into the next drill. Actually seeing where your HR is during the exercises makes is so much better. You can do more and go longer.

I have read some complaints about the calorie burn reporting being too high, but it doesn't seem to be for me. I have also read that some people don't like that it doesn't show the duration and HR at the same time. This isn't a problem for me either. I am not concerned with how many miles I run at a time or how fast I am running. If that is what you care about then this monitor is not what you want. I want to burn fat and condition my heart so this watch is perfect for me. I check the time maybe once or twice during my run, but usually I just wait until the end of my run and then go into my drills based on how much time I was in my zone. I am so very pleased with this product and thankful that it was priced so reasonably.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 5, 2012 5:05 PM PDT

GTMax Blue Rubber Soft Silicone Skin Cover Case for SanDisk Sansa Clip Plus 4GB 8GB
Offered by iShoppingdeals
Price: $3.99
2 used & new from $2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase, August 25, 2011
I chose the blue skin cover because it looked pale enough that the bright blue color of my player might show through and perhaps the light blue tint might enhance that blue a bit more than the clear cover. I had a clear one for my previous player that allowed some of the player's color to show through. However, when it arrived I realized that it was much darker (and brighter) than how it appears online. I think the image shown is actually the clear skin cover (perhaps over a blue player). With that said...it is a very nice and vibrant french blue. You cannot see through it at all, but there are clear indentations for all of the buttons for the Sansa Clip Plus 4GB. All of the indentations and cut outs are exactly as pictured and you can perform all functions easily while the player is inside the cover case. I use my player every single day and have not removed it from the cover since it arrived. Absolutely great purchase!!