Profile for Dave > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dave RSS Feed

BAFX Products - Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light & diagnostics - Android ONLY
Offered by BAFX Products
Price: $23.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Take your chances on this one, February 3, 2012
A friend of mine bought one of these and received the one with the blue and orange label. It worked fine with all vehicles, including a couple of Fords (J1850 PWM protocol). He e-mailed me the link and I purchased the same item. I received the one with the blue label. It worked with a Chevy, a Buick, and a Jeep, but it did not work on a Ford F150, a Lincoln Town Car, and a Ford Taurus.

To Amazon's credit, they issued a return authorization promptly, and I'm currently awaiting a refund for the device.

Now I see it's out of stock. Be careful about buying one of these from BAFX Products/Earphone World.
---
Update:

I repurchased the item after receiving an e-mail from Kevin at BAFX. The key to buying this item (apparently) is to make sure the item is listed both as "by" BAFX and "sold by" BAFX so you don't get a clone. I received the new item (which Kevin said he personally tested on his Mustang), and it worked exactly as advertised.

I'm changing my 1-star review to 4-star based on the service. (It would be 5-start if everything worked the first time through.)