Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Rebecca Page > Reviews

Browse

Rebecca Page's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rebecca Page RSS Feed (DALLAS, TX, US)

Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption
Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption
by Katie J. Davis
112 used & new from $2.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbroken in the best way, November 6, 2011
So many other reviewers have said what I felt upon reading "Kisses From Katie" so I won't try to create some new, eloquent response. Like others, a quiet, nagging feeling had been whispering to me before I even bought this book and once I had finished it, that feeling became a loud clanging in my heart. Katie Davis is your ordinary southern girl who experiences an extraordinary "call" from Jesus to go to the ravaged nation of Uganda. But this is no classic missionary tale. She's too young, too un-seminaried to do anything more than share her story with us.

And it's this simple story that had me weeping, had me longing in confusion and asking, "well God, what do you want me to do now?" If you can read this book and not be truly bothered by how our first world problems have slowed the pulse of our faith as a nation to a boring gurgle...then please check your ticker. I felt very uncomfortable reading about how Katie left her family and the expected trajectory of her life to go find life in Christ that resounds with such a richness that it leaves me aware of a glaring lack of depth in my own walk with Jesus.

Now that I've finished this simple book, I have to take action. I truly hope you read this and feel (and DO) the same!