Profile for J. Finkel > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 584

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Finkel "Jack of Trades" RSS Feed (Hoboken, NJ)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
PlasmaCar Blue - With Softer, Quieter Polyurethane Wheels
PlasmaCar Blue - With Softer, Quieter Polyurethane Wheels
Offered by MMP Living
Price: $78.99

3.0 out of 5 stars May be too hard for some 3 or 4 year olds, July 7, 2014
The PlasmaCar is an ultra-modern (but somehow grotesque) looking contraption that resembles a car. My 2 year old and 4 year old were very excited to get a PlasmaCar. With minimum assembly, we were off and rolling right away.

The unexpectedly odd thing about the PlasmaCar is the steering column - it can spin around freely 360 degrees and the wheels at the bottom are not even. There are four wheels at the bottom of the steering column. One pair is narrow and low and the other pair is narrower still but tilted away from the ground. I'm still not sure entirely what the point is of this arrangement. UPDATE: A helpful commenter has told me this is so you can go backwards.

Cutting straight to the point, we haven't used the PlasmaCar that much. The kids seem to prefer things with peddles to this and the not-too-disimialr Y-Bike. The PlasmaCar just isn't that much fun I suppose unless you are patient enough, old enough and coordinated enought to get the hang of it. I will see if I can spark some renewed interest in it this summer.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2014 4:28 PM PDT

Havaianas Slim Princess Flip Flop (Toddler/Little Kid),White/Rose,27/28 BR (11-12 M US Little Kid)
Price: $18.16
4 used & new from $17.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Big hit with my girls, July 7, 2014
We got two pairs of these for my daughters. They both loved the flip flops. They are a little tough to wear for my 2 year old, as they slip off her foot a bit too easily, but such is the nature of the flip flop. My 4 year old gets a ton of use out of the though. They look really great and they don't seem to chafe her foot.

Coursera
Coursera
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Coursera lectures on the go, July 3, 2014
This review is from: Coursera (App)
I have been taking courses on Coursera casually for a long time now. This app will make it a lot easier for me to watch a video for course when I have some downtime and I'm out and about. The app seems to work flawlessly on my HTC one.

You can download the videos when you have wifi access and then watch them later if you want to avoid using up your data plan or you can just stream the videos. There is no 1.25x, 1.5x, etc. speed so it takes a little longer to watch videos than it does on my computer. Also the icon looks very similar to my voicemail icon.

If you are signed up for any Coursera courses or are interested in doing so, you will definitely want this app.

Norton Small Business - 10 Device
Norton Small Business - 10 Device
Price: $197.99
5 used & new from $153.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective and Inobtrusive, July 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Norton Small Business is basically the same product as Norton 360, which is not a bad thing. Norton 360 is unobtrusive, effective and easy to use. With either product, I hardly notice it is on my PC until I get a warning message that a problem has been detected/removed/prevented. I always appreciate Norton blocking a potentially dangerous website.

The noticeable hit to system performance that Norton once imposed (along with many other antivirus suites) is a thing of the past. I have been using Norton products at home and the office for the past 3 years now and have zero complaints

The capabilities for protecting your phone from theft or loss really adds a lot to this product vs. other competing antivirus software. You can lock, locate or wipe your phone or tablet remotely. It works on iOS or standard (e.g. not Kindle) Android devices.

DohVinci Anywhere Art Studio Easel and Storage Case Set
DohVinci Anywhere Art Studio Easel and Storage Case Set
Price: $16.99
9 used & new from $16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Play-Doh Strikes Gold, June 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Play-Doh's DohVinci Anywhere Art Studio Set is a fun, convenient and innovative way to enjoy Play-Doh. The set includes 4 tubes of colored Play-Doh (Deco Pop Tubes in purple, green, red and yellow), a handy gun to squirt the Play-Doh out of the tubes, a carrying case/easel, and 4 pictures frames (2 with designs, 2 blank).

The Play-Doh that is inside the tubes seems like Play-Doh Plus (a newer, softer, thinner, moister Play-Doh) and squeezes out easily enough for anyone in the recommended 6+ age group. I let my 4 year old try it and she needed a little help. The frames are slick enough to clean off the Play-Doh but they are a little slicker than would be ideal for drawing the Play-Doh on them.

The 2 picture frames with designs on them provide a great template for making cool designs as pictured. The blank frames leave more room for imagination. Bigger frames would have been nice though since these don't offer much room for your designs. Also, the carrying case / easel is much bigger than the frames so I feel that if they didn't want the frames bigger, they could have made the case smaller.

Overall, I'm impressed (especially with Play-Doh finding a way to make their products single-use). More importantly, my kids really, really enjoyed this toy. They already love Play-Doh and now they can combine this with their other Play-Doh creations. There is space for 3 more tubes of Play-Doh in the carrying case. It would have been nice to have these included. As it is, you will be buying replacements promptly as my kids (with the help of their cousin) went through most of them in one day and they aren't reusable. I haven't found refill kits for the Deco Pop Tubes available by themselves, though I did find a listing on a reputable website with 10 colors for about a buck each.

Samson SWV166SHT6U-11 Handheld Wireless Microphone
Samson SWV166SHT6U-11 Handheld Wireless Microphone
Price: $59.99
5 used & new from $59.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Temperamental but functional, June 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This wireless microphone is easy to use, just pop in the included 9V battery and flip on the switch (there are two - one near battery and one on handle). Base plugs into the wall and outputs via 1/4" patch cable. Volume knob is on base. It would have been nice to have a volume control on mic. Range seems pretty good. I tested it up to about 40 feet away. Quality of sound is okay when the placement of the mic is perfect, but it is hard to get the mic positioned perfectly. The quality of sound and volume really drop off quickly with bad placement.

Gaia Herbs Sleep and Relax Herbal Tea Bags, 20 Count
Gaia Herbs Sleep and Relax Herbal Tea Bags, 20 Count

2.0 out of 5 stars Tastes Bad, Smells Worse, June 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This herbal tea is mostly chamomile with some licorice and lemon. If you like licorice, you might find this tea more palatable than I do I thought the taste was slightly unpleasant and the aroma quite stinky. I really do like teas that smell pleasant because I like to let the steam ease my congestion (which I often have). Like any other chamomile tea I found it relaxing, but also made me feel a little light-headed. This could have just been my imagination.

Speed Stick Gear Deodorant, Fresh Force, 3 Ounce
Speed Stick Gear Deodorant, Fresh Force, 3 Ounce
Price: $2.98
16 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Smells Pleasant, Feels Yucky, June 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Speed Stick has the usual manly aroma of citrus, grass and musk. It goes on easily but feels a bit sticky or pasty after it is applied. The feeling diminishes after a bit but doesn't go away. I prefer the similar product by Dove or Old Spice. Also, note this is not an antiperspirant.

Search Engine Optimization: A Complete Primer: A detailed and base understanding of SEO for small business owners and anyone who wants an SEO primer.
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what you are looking for, June 25, 2014
This SEO primer is an unusually helpful and practical guide that makes it easy for anyone familiar with html improve how search engines rank their website(s). The advice is very clear, to the point and sensible. The kindle formatting could be better. There are some issues with text being far too light on my Kindle Paperwhite, but I would still recommend it for any device given the author's amazing ability to effectifly communicate the material and the value of the content.

Mead Cambridge Limited QuickNotes Business Notebook  (6066)
Mead Cambridge Limited QuickNotes Business Notebook (6066)
Price: $6.18
36 used & new from $3.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Mead's Cambridge Limited QuickNotes Business Notebook is a normal, ..., June 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Mead's Cambridge Limited QuickNotes Business Notebook is a normal, high-quality notebook with one novelty - the bottom 1/3 of each page is yellow and labeled as a QuickNotes area. I suppose this is helpful in some situations, but I would prefer a smaller section for notes or an L-shaped section that runs along the bottom and right side.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20