Profile for Z. Au > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Z. Au RSS Feed

WristWidget Wrist Support
WristWidget Wrist Support
Offered by Wrist Widget
Price: $29.00
5 used & new from $27.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Great concept, Poor Quality, June 27, 2014
I have to give much credit for the design and use. Very surprised that you dont see anything else out there but maybe its because of what I am about to tell you

The quality is terrible. I would be hard-pressed for anyone here to say that it will last long because it wont. Im not talking about doing anything crazy, besides your daily work routine and what not. Afterall, if you are wearing this. .chances are your wrist is hurting .

The material is made of 2 pieces, which looks like felt with velcro in between it. The only exposed area is the straps which allow you to fasten to the brace. The entire setup looks like it was stamped out from machinery.

My wrist did feel better and it seem to provide good support, but the brace gets loose and the prickly edges just became too much .I know you have to readjust as you go through the day but the quality was just not up to par. Considering the price and what you pay, theres no way the straps should split in the middle. In the addition, certain areas where they stamped out the brace .. the corners and edges had sharp points ( from the velcro) which made it uncomfortable.

Bottom line, great concept but very poor quality. Had to return it and go back to the elastic brace that just made more sense for both durability and dollar wise. I hope somehow they find something or design something that would last longer.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2014 6:57 PM PDT

Crayola 48 Count Sidewalk Chalk
Crayola 48 Count Sidewalk Chalk
Offered by Corydor
Price: $9.45
62 used & new from $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesnt last long, June 26, 2014
it almost feels like the chalk melts as you use it. Not too please but the colors are amazing, but for your average kid.. this box wouldnt last at all. Few swipes and your chalk sticks are down to bare minimum .

Bushnell NEO XS Golf GPS Rangefinder Watch, Black
Bushnell NEO XS Golf GPS Rangefinder Watch, Black
Price: Click here to see our price
25 used & new from $138.77

2.0 out of 5 stars Great watch BUT..., June 26, 2014
First GPS watch. Prior using GPS on handheld and smartphone. Wanted the watch for convenience.

The GOOD...

The band imo is the best out there, has a light feel to it. Didnt bother me at all and was very comfortable.

setup and use was easy, pretty much self intuitive. Love the screen display and contrast, and really liked that it looked and functioned as a basic watch

The BAD...

Battery life was horrible. Maybe it was a defective or what not, I say that because no matter what - it barely lasted a full round. The only conclusion I can come to is either the battery was faulty and/or the GPS is just draining it. I never really used any of the hazard functionalities, if anything - I just played my rounds, hole by hole and let the watch auto advance. But I noticed by hole 15 - it prompts me to plug it in. Im playing your average round of the golf. The manual says it can last a few rounds but I dont see that happened.

The charging cable also felt flimsy - its not difficult but at the same time, you do need to make sure the contacts are spot on otherwise it wont charge.

Wouldve love to kept it if it just worked but with faulty battery right out of the box, I couldnt take that risk. Maybe next time...

Maximal Power DB CAN LP-E6 Rechargeable Replacement Li-Ion Battery for Canon Cameras - Black
Price: $18.45
2 used & new from $18.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy anything else, April 19, 2012
great possible - recognized by Camera like OEM. What more can you ask for. more than half the price ... We got a winner !!

B+W 77mm ND 3.0-1,000X with Single Coating (110)
B+W 77mm ND 3.0-1,000X with Single Coating (110)
Price: $92.66
15 used & new from $80.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 Star +, April 19, 2012
Awesome Awesome Awesome

Allows you to take great shots during daylight hours. Golden hours are great, but sometimes you can't catch it.

Do a google on 10 stop , tons of examples and tips on how to perfect it. Recommend you always download this app called ND TIMER (ie. iPhone/ Android) so you can get a better idea of shutter times.

P.s. prepared to buy extra batters, bulb mode reduces your battery life FAST. Also , one thing to keep in mind. You have to always focus and compose your shot first, then screw on filter. Can be a pain in the _______ but hey, who said photography was EASY ! Have fun
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 21, 2014 6:17 PM PDT

Philips Norelco BG2020 BodyGroom
Philips Norelco BG2020 BodyGroom
Offered by Overstock Item Deals
Price: $129.00
4 used & new from $125.45

3.0 out of 5 stars It works but.., April 19, 2012
Heres the deal , like you.. was looking for a shaver for typical touch up here and there.

Out of the box, easy to use, works , nothing crazy... BUT, there is some tricks to the trade

For example, if you have longer hair in areas such as under your arm or down by the pipes, make sure you cut it down first with the outer blades. I believe the original design was that you held the unit up against your skin perpendicular. This allows the outer edge to go to battle first, and then allow the tiny blades (centered) to clean it up. This would be perfect if it was 100%

Its not. you will have to go through multiple passes. And so you know, I am not grizzly. In fact, I wouldn't even consider myself average as I have little to no hair on most of my body. Just your typical areas. Previously I used a BRAUN body shaver, which I LOVED. I believe the main reason was because the blades were sharp and it was small. I figured I try something new, and so for.. eh.. its alright

one thing to note about this philips just looking at the head. When you are getting to areas that are , eh lets say slimmer .. this trimmer is tough to do some personal preference touch up. what I mean is, its all or nothing. Its not easy to shave small areas or detailed work. Other than that, the wet use is plus but have you ever shaved with full running water? LMAO.. its no lubricant thats for sure. use some shaving gel or cream, and let the water rinse.

WorthTrust Quick Neck Shoulder Strap for Canon Nikon Sony Cameras
WorthTrust Quick Neck Shoulder Strap for Canon Nikon Sony Cameras
Offered by Naviman
Price: $8.53
15 used & new from $2.17

1.0 out of 5 stars Fastener Broke, April 19, 2012
Like others, purchased this item as a quick option vs Rapid R Strap. I actually had one previously but lost it.

I tried this out based on reviews and because I needed it shipped quickly for a trip out to Forillon State Park - Quebec, Canada. First impression was great, good quality strap .. everything fit well and seemed to be made strong. But unfortunately, that was not the case

On the coast line, I heard a snap and I watched my Canon 5d + 14mm Super Wide EF L lenses fly off. Luckily for me, its as sunrise so tide was low and it fell on beach sand/gravel/seaweed. In fact, I watched my camera bounce off of the sea weed like a pillow. THANK YOU LORD. It saved over 6k of equipment. Now of course, in hind site .. this is a low priced strapped and I am completely crazy for using it on such high value equipment. But Passover shut down BH Photo / Adorama and I needed this strap ASAP. When you are climbing rocks / and hanging off cliffs... you don't want a camera swinging off your neck

The fastener came off . It almost looks like it split in half from the knob and the part that gets screw on to your camera. When I picked up the camera, the screw was still in.. but the mount and fastener were still hanging on my strap. I'll upload some pics so you can see .

Being said, I do give Easy foto 5 star + so far for their quick response and willingness to exchange after return / exchange period . But now my biggest dilemma is, Would I even use this strap again and risk such expensive equipment. I am just lucky my camera didn't take a bath into the salty sea or worse, down the side of the mountain.

I am waiting to see if Easy Foto can refund, I don't feel comfortable moving fwd considering this strap broke on me on first day. P.S. So you don't think I was doing anything crazy, I was walking on along the coastline. Camera was on my right hip, and I had my tripod in my left hand. And the camera snapped off. I was not doing anything that I feel would remotely cause the camera to come off. No reaching or swaying. And I kept the camera flat (lcd up ) so that its minimal movement. Ive had no problem with my rapid strap before and always held my units this way.
Comment Comments (15) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2014 8:50 PM PST