Profile for Evil Eye > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Evil Eye RSS Feed (Brooklyn, NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Xbox One Stereo Headset
Xbox One Stereo Headset
Price: $44.63
94 used & new from $24.90

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 out of 5, January 1, 2015
Wish they had the ability to hear my own voice in the headset but otherwise they're really, really good. The Mic could be a bit longer out to the mouth since I'm a big guy (I have a big head hahaha - 6'5") but for a Microsoft/Xbox One own product, it's very sturdy and comfortable. Sound levels are great.

The System: The Glory and Scandal of Big-Time College Football
The System: The Glory and Scandal of Big-Time College Football
by Jeff Benedict
Price: $12.16
82 used & new from $8.16

3.0 out of 5 stars The System: A Book meant for someone who knows very little about College ball, January 1, 2015
It felt like chapter after chapter (written by one of the two authors - one of which I really liked the writing style of, the other not so much which detracted from the book - and it doesn't say who wrote which chapter so I have no idea which author I actually liked the most) was the same thing separated into parts. A rape here, a rape there. An athlete who got money, clothes, cars, and women here, another athlete who got it there. Many chapters were exact copies of the same situation but obviously different material at a different school but with the same scenario set up. It's not a revelation nor a real look into the "system" if you know some stuff about how the "system" works already. I can see this book being for someone whose son or daughter is going to a DI, II or III school as an athlete or someone who is just going to college or out of college and trying to get into college football. If you didn't know athletes (notably football players in this book) for the most part get BS classes to attend/not to attend, free stuff on campus/off campus, and are treated above the law in many cases, then you've been living under a rock or in denial.

Belkin N600 Wireless Dual-Band N+ Router (Latest Generation)
Belkin N600 Wireless Dual-Band N+ Router (Latest Generation)
Offered by Bestforyouall
Price: $45.90
67 used & new from $14.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this junk. Instead get yourself the Linksys N300+ Wi-Fi Wireless Router..., September 6, 2014
Didn't work out of the box as many don't (read up about the headaches). Returned it and bought the Linksys N300+ Wi-Fi Wireless Router instead and it's been great since.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 11, 2014 3:48 AM PDT

Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1TB Portable External Hard Drive for Mac with Mobile Device Backup USB 3.0  (STDS1000100)
Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1TB Portable External Hard Drive for Mac with Mobile Device Backup USB 3.0 (STDS1000100)
Price: Click here to see our price
53 used & new from $61.99

5.0 out of 5 stars From documents to video games, September 6, 2014
Used it for a semester of school and I now re-purposed it for additional storage for my Xbox One console. It's a win, win!

The Sea Inside
The Sea Inside
by Philip Hoare
Price: $20.19
85 used & new from $9.07

3.0 out of 5 stars I hate when I have to trudge through to get to the "Good Stuff"..., September 6, 2014
This review is from: The Sea Inside (Hardcover)
I just couldn't get past the birds. I found myself 100+ pages in and the Philip was going overboard about the crows. I just couldn't take it... The Sea Inside is written very well, it flows nicely but I couldn't figure out when the "good stuff" (mostly what I believe to be about the ocean which is where the authors' previous work - The Whale - did amazing) was coming. I think if I bought this book I'd give it another go, but it's due back at the library soon. Ye' be warned, Mr. Hoare talks about birds for the first 100 plus pages and if crows and gulls are not your thing, this might ruin the book for you as it did for me.

Garmin nüvi 2557LMT 5-Inch Portable Vehicle GPS with Lifetime Maps and Traffic
Garmin nüvi 2557LMT 5-Inch Portable Vehicle GPS with Lifetime Maps and Traffic
Offered by PIXDIGITAL
Price: Click here to see our price
106 used & new from $93.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A good GPS for the price, August 26, 2014
It does it's job and sometimes it doesn't pick the best routes but it keeps you from getting lost. Also this Garmin model cannot say some words correctly which is a pity especially when you have no idea where you are...

NBA Live 14 - Xbox One
NBA Live 14 - Xbox One
Offered by inkporium
Price: $13.50
92 used & new from $7.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Atrocious. Gameplay and Graphics are Awful, August 26, 2014
Most likely the worst NBA Live game I've ever played (and I've played them since NBA Live 2001). The game is terrible from graphics to gameplay. It's truly atrocious. I bought it for $11 bucks and even that was too high. Bargain bin game for a kid maybe who has no idea what basketball is about... Do it right and pre-order NBA 2K15

Fosmon HD1831 3-Port HDMI Switch with Pigtail Cable
Fosmon HD1831 3-Port HDMI Switch with Pigtail Cable
Price: $11.71
20 used & new from $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars That super annoying, super bright blue light, August 26, 2014
The blue light that shows that is on is super bright and I suggest blocking it out with maybe electric tape if you don't want the blue light obstructing your sleeping patterns or TV watching...

Rio Beach Deluxe Sunshade Umbrella with Valance Blue Orange Stripe
Rio Beach Deluxe Sunshade Umbrella with Valance Blue Orange Stripe

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Umbrella, August 26, 2014
This umbrella is really nice and a big improvement over the last Rio Beach umbrella we had. The umbrella blocks out the sun much, much better than our original which had broke (why we got a new one) from the wear and tear over the years living by the ocean. A great umbrella, totally worth the money. Definitely buy it, you'll be pleased!

Madden NFL 15 - Xbox One
Madden NFL 15 - Xbox One
Price: $39.95
111 used & new from $29.93

3.0 out of 5 stars Graphics over Gameplay once again folks..., August 26, 2014
If you've played Madden 25 then nothing really new has happened in Madden 15. Minus the updated graphics which are pretty impressive (I use NBA 2K as the standard as those are the best sports graphics on current gen systems) but not better than NBA 2K14. A new button mashing D-Line feature debuts in the game which is a pretty cool feature though it gets old quick (you'll go wow this is good and then tire of it after 5 minutes - and want to switch back to the traditional settings). INT's happen way too often and the running game is lacking. If you're happy with Madden 25, I'd wait until Madden 16 or 17 until you upgrade as Madden 15 is nothing amazing. Madden 15 is totally tailored for those who enjoy Madden Ultimate Team and about 95% of the achievements are for MUT and Connected Careers. The halftime show is sub-par as usual but the new graphics make up for a lot of the negatives. If you do get the game, it's smart to play on All-Pro for offline play, as that is the setting for online head to head matchups... 3 out of 5 stars for me. In my opinion the 8.7 IGN gave the game doesn't hold up to it. A 7.0 - 7.5 would've been sufficient for Madden 15. Be smart for those who have Madden 25, either wait til next year or wait til the Holiday season when Amazon starts doing Video Game deals to pick this one up.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2014 4:56 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4