Your Garage Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room botysf16 Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for DC > Reviews

Browse

DC's Profile

Customer Reviews: 40

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

DC "DC" RSS Feed (Denver, CO)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
44-Pin Male to 44-Pin Male IDE Adapter
44-Pin Male to 44-Pin Male IDE Adapter
Offered by Micro SATA Cables
Price: $4.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tool for accessing 44-pin DOM devices, May 12, 2016
I needed something to be able to write to a 44-pin female DOM (Disk on Module, an IDE-based SSD) to upgrade an existing device and this did the pin conversion from 44-pin male to female with the proper orientation swap. It's not the kind of thing most people need, it worked perfectly for my project.

NSI/Smithsonian 52542 Circuit Lab 72
NSI/Smithsonian 52542 Circuit Lab 72
Offered by Toynk Toys
Price: $57.79
5 used & new from $57.79

2.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre teaching tool with a premium price tag, May 4, 2016
Pros:

Easy to use to follow their experiments
Enough experiments to keep kids busy for a few hours
Battery compartments, speaker and motor are removable and encased in molded plastic frames for use on other projects

Cons:
Very cheaply made (MAYBE $6 in parts with molded plastic parts).
Skimpy instructions that limit learning potential. ("Connect this exactly this way and it should do what I say. Why? Go Google it kid, I'm too busy counting my money .")
Most of the experiments are just variations on the ones before it. (Ok for a while, but essentially changing a switch isn't really a new experiment.)

It's color-by-numbers circuit experiments with a 900% markup. I hope at least some of that money actually goes to the Smithsonian...

Triumph Sports USA "Big Shot" 8-in-1 Two-Player Basketball
Triumph Sports USA "Big Shot" 8-in-1 Two-Player Basketball
Price: $93.31
14 used & new from $89.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the 18 months that it worked, April 15, 2016
We received this as a gift and my son really enjoyed it, minus a few flaws. The controls are wonky and 2 of the 4 balls wouldn't hold air for more than a day, but the real bummer is the wiring/electronics. I've repaired it a couple of times because the cables that connect it are basically phone cord and far too exposed to hold up. Now I can't even get it to power on anymore. My son still shoots baskets, but it's hard to hold any interest or play someone else competitively without the score keeping.

EDIT: I was able to get ours working again by taking it apart and repairing a loose solder point. We still have a basket counter that occasionally stops working, but re-seating the RJ11 cable to the scoreboard box usually fixes it for a while. RJ11 (phone connectors) aren't build for the kind of stress these things take.

Lemonbest® New 5 Watts E27 LED Plants Grow Light RB Full Spectrum Flowering Globe Bulb
Offered by Lemonbest
Price: $35.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Took over 2 weeks to get here and then promptly fell apart, April 11, 2016
Poor build quality. The dome fell off the first time I tried to use it.

I'm testing it out, but I wouldn't buy one again.

Zoo Med Reptile Heat Cable 15 Watts, 11.5-Feet
Zoo Med Reptile Heat Cable 15 Watts, 11.5-Feet
Offered by Fat Happy Pets
Price: $14.76
12 used & new from $14.76

1.0 out of 5 stars Died after a month, April 6, 2016
It wasn't very warm from the start and it died after a month.

WEN 61720 3/4-Inch to 2-Inch 18-Gauge Brad Nailer
WEN 61720 3/4-Inch to 2-Inch 18-Gauge Brad Nailer
Price: $26.03
24 used & new from $24.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for the price!, April 6, 2016
I've used it to install trim and build a few objects around the house. Works well and is a stellar value.

4 Pack - TDLTEK Neon Glowing Strobing Electroluminescent Wire /El Wire(Blue, Green, Red, White) + 3 Modes Battery Controllers
Offered by TDLTEK
Price: $21.99
2 used & new from $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very bright., April 6, 2016
Decent value, but not bright enough for most applications.

D-FantiX Digital Battery Tester Checker for AA AAA C D 9V 1.5V Button Cell Small Batteries (Model: BT-168D)
Offered by D-FantiX
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $5.88

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, but cheap and flimsy, April 6, 2016
It's cheap. It works. Build quality is pretty flimsy. It has no spring to hold the battery in place, so you're forced to line the battery up and hold it tightly (as in the product picture) to get a ready. (More annoying that I had expected.)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 12, 2016 2:21 AM PDT

Landlite Dimmable LED G8 bulb ( with Electric shock Protection) 120V Warmwhite LED-G8-2018-2.3W for puck light : Ceramic Sunflower
Offered by LANDLITEWANGLEI
Price: Click here to see our price

3.0 out of 5 stars Do your homework before you buy., February 23, 2016
They work, but the pins are "stupid-short" (technical term), the scallop shape makes them difficult to mount. Those two things combined make it hard to fit into some fixtures.

If you are installing in an existing fixture, check the orientation of the pins to make sure this will fit. See photo for illustration of how mine fit out of the box. The orientation pictured doesn't allow the fixture to close.

You can turn some T8 outlets with a little creativity (and a #6 machine screw / nut) to hold them in place, but figure that out before you buy the bulbs.

Also, the color is around daylight (5000K) I was looking for more soft white. I bought some 2700K film to install between the "bulbs" and glass in my fixtures to warm the color up for a warmer look.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2016 10:15 PM PDT

NatraCure Intensive Moisturizing Gel Heel Sleeves (1325-M CAT)
NatraCure Intensive Moisturizing Gel Heel Sleeves (1325-M CAT)
Offered by Natracure
Price: $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesavers. On my 3rd pair., February 7, 2016
I haven't found anything better for helping heal the my heels. Wear them only at night unless you want to wash them (very) frequently.

I also discovered that they are useful for protecting an injured (lacerated or blistered) heel. I ruined my first pair on the beach after I cut my heel open. But they saved my vacation by allowing me to walk without severe pain.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 8, 2016 7:08 AM PST