ARRAY(0xd895ad8c)

Customer Reviews: 65

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Richard Collette RSS Feed (Connecticut USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Thermos 16-Ounce Stainless-Steel Backpack Bottle, Silver
Thermos 16-Ounce Stainless-Steel Backpack Bottle, Silver
Offered by MMP Living
Price: $23.87
27 used & new from $22.61

1.0 out of 5 stars Latch cracked - Poor Warranty and Customer Service, March 4, 2013
While closing the lid one day, the gray plastic latch snapped. While the bottle is covered with a 5 year warranty, the lid is not covered. Customer service would not replace the lid.

Pandora
Pandora
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars 1.7.1 Poor audio quality, lack of privacy, September 28, 2012
This review is from: Pandora (App)
Either the upgrade to 1.7.1 or some change on the hosting side caused the audio to lose all the highs. I thought my tweeters were busted at first but no, every other audio application sounds fine. The music barely sounds like it's in stereo any longer. And why would a music player need to read my phone state (which includes the phone numbers of who is calling). Pandora is going the way of Netflix, losing customers by dropping service quality.

Black & Decker ASI300 Air Station Inflator - Electric Air Compressor
Black & Decker ASI300 Air Station Inflator - Electric Air Compressor
Price: $48.99
36 used & new from $32.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Performance good, usability terrible., September 14, 2012
The only pro to this pump is that it pumps like a champ.

The cons are:
Smooth exterior, no handle, relatively heavy and therefore easy to drop.
Extremely short air hose and AC power cord.
Cover for the short hose and AC power cord, but no cover for the DC power cord, it comes unraveled in the trunk.
The power button is located inside the DC power cord storage area so you either have to take out the DC power cord to get to the power switch or you have to try to force your fingers into the compartment to get it to turn on.
Useless "industrial" add-ons of faux nuts which are just little plastic pieces that fall off.

Bayco SL-800 Professional Retractable Reel with 30-Foot Triple Tap
Bayco SL-800 Professional Retractable Reel with 30-Foot Triple Tap
Price: $43.99
20 used & new from $35.71

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible quality mounting hardware, July 8, 2012
It never ceases to amaze me how a company will include bottom of the barrel hardware. What are they saving maybe fractions of a penny? The included wood screws are flat heads instead of phillips. The flat head stripped almost immediately, and as I got to about a 1/4 inch from being screwed in, the screw broke in half. See photo.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2014 6:25 AM PDT

Kindle Touch 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display - includes Special Offers & Sponsored Screensavers
34 used & new from $80.38

2.0 out of 5 stars Useless for reading PDF/Acrobat documents, November 30, 2011
I have a number of Apress books in PDF format. Sending these to free.kindle.com does not convert the books to mobi format. Therefore, the text in the books does not re-flow. The width of a normal page is not readable in portrait mode and there is no ability to read in landscape mode. You can use pinch to zoom but now you need a way to scroll the page fluidly to see the whole width of the screen. Due to the eInk display, smooth scrolling is not possible. In the end, it is easier to read a PDF on my Android phone than it is on this device.

I have tried using Calibre but it does not recognize the indexes in the Apress books.

Amazon needs to provide landscape reading on this device and they need to provide a free document conversion service that converts PDF books, especially from recognized publishers, into a well formatted MOBI book.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2011 1:11 PM PST

K&N 33-2403 High Performance Replacement Air Filter
K&N 33-2403 High Performance Replacement Air Filter
Offered by Xtrapiece Store
Price: $47.99
56 used & new from $38.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Oddly no perceived difference for 2010 Acura TL, July 26, 2011
On my 2001 Maxima, and our 2001 Durango, the difference in low end torque was noticeable. On my 2010 Acura TL with 5k miles, I noticed no difference in low end torque or in measured fuel economy. I tend to drive the TL in the low rpm range (3500 to maybe 4k rpm max) so there could be an increase in max horsepower that I just have not experience because I do not rev the motor up at the peak horsepower rpm range.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 8, 2013 8:40 AM PST

Aqua-Pure AP810 Replacement Cartridge for Large Diameter Housings
Aqua-Pure AP810 Replacement Cartridge for Large Diameter Housings
Price: $29.94
26 used & new from $24.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied, July 26, 2011
I have been using the AP810 5 micron filters for 10 years. No trace of sediment in our system and it catches a fine clay like sludge. I can usually flush the filter out a couple times and keep using it. They do fail though if you keep doing this so I don't push it beyond a couple rinses. Your mileage is going to vary but I get 6 months between flushes even on a a new will that had significant initial sediment. Flow will reduce a bit once the sediment creeps up to the canister to about half way, but the flow is still useable at that point. This is when I usually flush it out.

SafeFit Kick Mats 2-Pack in Black
SafeFit Kick Mats 2-Pack in Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, July 26, 2011
This product did not fit my 2010 Acura TL. The lower strap that slips over the seat nearly broke trying to get it over the side bolsters because it was not really long enough. I had to return it though because the headrest strap only has two small bits of velcro such that it could not be tightened down enough. It was slack enough at the top that it was in the my sons way while he tried to climb into his car seat.

The product would be fine if they just used a couple adjustable straps like you would find on a backpack. The nylon material the panel is made out of is not heavy duty but I believe it would have been sufficient for the purpose.

Coleman Aluminum Mess Kit
Coleman Aluminum Mess Kit
Offered by VMInnovations
Price: $12.99
14 used & new from $6.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Have owned one for 30 years, March 12, 2011
This review is from: Coleman Aluminum Mess Kit (Sports)
I have to laugh at some of these reviews. I have owned one of these since I started in boy scouts 30 years ago and I take it backpacking and camping several times a year to this day. It bends, it dings, but it also bends back. It's still here and that's more than anyone can say of their plastic kit. It weighs next to nothing. It's not non-stick, but so what. I can take gravel/sand, scrub it around with my hand, rinse it with water and it's good. I have yet to see a light weight non-stick pan that doesn't get scratched and flaked in two years. It cooks on a camp stove just fine. I have not used it on a fire that I recall, so I can't speak to that use. I have a feeling people try it on a fire that's way hotter than it needs to be. You only need some mild coals to do any kind of pan cooking. I still get a kick out of seeing the initials I scratched into it when I was 10, and I still have the original butterfly nut too. The plastic cup that came with mine is only useful for measuring and that's the only negative I have for it.

For $9 I don't think you can go wrong, and you might just go right.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2013 10:21 PM PDT

Gerber 22-41514 Gator Saw III
Gerber 22-41514 Gator Saw III
Price: $25.21
37 used & new from $24.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for a day hike to a particular site, too heavy for trail hiking., February 14, 2011
If you're going to hike in and spend some time at a particular place, then this saw is a very nice tool. For trail hiking though, it weighs too much to take along.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7