Profile for Archimedes > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Archimedes RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
BIC For Her Fashion Retractable Ball Pen, Medium Point, 1.0 mm, Assorted-Fashion Ink, 2 Count (FHAP21-ASST)
Price: $6.51
4 used & new from $4.24

1.0 out of 5 stars Cost me my marriage! Be Aware!, August 28, 2012
So my wife has always wanted a divorce, but when it came time to sign the papers I stumbled over laughing as she reached for my Bic pens in an attempt to use them. Silly woman, how could she possibly use these pens to do "women's work". Did she not know the manliness of the almighty Bic pen? Her hands just couldn't handle its sheer power and testosterone. Then Bic goes ahead and does something like this. Creating this demonry of a tool to allow woman to write. No longer are the days where I could cast away my wife in the dungeon of my basement. Bic has opened Pandora's Box. I am now a bitter lonely man. You've cost me my marriage Bic! *Shakes fist in air angrily*

BIC Cristal For Her Ball Pen, 1.0mm, Black, 16ct (MSLP16-Blk)
BIC Cristal For Her Ball Pen, 1.0mm, Black, 16ct (MSLP16-Blk)
Price: $10.14
3 used & new from $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Cost me my marriage! Be Aware!, August 28, 2012

BIC For Her Retractable Ball Pen, Medium Point, 1.0 mm, Black Ink, 2 Count (FHAP21-Black)
Price: $4.00
10 used & new from $2.99

Linear Algebra, 4th Edition
Linear Algebra, 4th Edition
by Stephen H. Friedberg
Price: $149.45
120 used & new from $33.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Proof based book on Linear Algebra, June 13, 2012
This is a great book on analysis of Linear Algebra. This book is best suited for someone who has already taken a basic course in linear algebra and is looking to move up to proofs on the subject. What I love about this book is how easy it is to read, don't get me wrong the subject matter and problems aren't easy at all by any means but the author presents this material in a language everyone can understand. This is a book for students and isn't written in a super complex mathematical way that only Phd's would understand.

This book clearly simplifies the concepts which I had trouble with in my first course in Linear Algebra. I felt this book helped clarify and understand the subject more than a computational book could have ever done. If not familiar with proofs I do recommend taking a course in Analysis first or reading up on Analysis: With an Introduction to Proof (4th Edition) which is a great book for introduction to proofs

Overall I highly recommend this book for self study or if it's assigned for a class like it was for me. Linear Algebra wasn't really strong point as a Math major but this book made me confident in tackling the subject in my second course. I wish there were more books like this that simplified the concepts as well as this book does.

CTA Digital PS Vita Travel EVA Protective Case
CTA Digital PS Vita Travel EVA Protective Case
Price: $9.02
32 used & new from $6.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and Cheap. Need I say more?, June 13, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Ok, so after dishing out some dough for the Vita and some games I had to find a good case to keep it safe. I wasn't abut to leave a $250 system out and about for it to collect scratches. But I also didn't want to pay $20 plus for some case. So I found this one for $10. It gets the job done. Here are some details I'm sure you're wondering about it.

1. Fits nice and snug you don't have to worry about it rattling around in there.
2. The case is hard and sturdy, I'm pretty sure I could drop it and the Vita inside would be just fine.
3. Yes there are 2 annoying straps inside that might mess around with the analog sticks, but you don't have to use them
4. Mine didn't have a smell as some other people have complained about, luck of the draw I guess
5. I like the fact it has the sleeve inside that protects the screen and you can put some games in there to carry around.

My only advice is if you don't like the straps and aren't going to use them I suggest cutting them off like I did, see when you put the Vita on top of the straps and go to unzip the case, since the Vita is kinda being held up by the straps it could easily slip if you're opening the case at an angle. But overall I'm glad I bought this case instead of dishing out another couple of bucks for another one because of the brand.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Offered by MOST WANTED
Price: $29.30
64 used & new from $20.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Port for the Vita, June 13, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I won't go much into game specifics because there are a ton of reviews for the games themselves out there and by know you probably already know how good and popular the metal gear series is. So instead I'll talk about the Vita version. This game looks crisp and nice and plays really well on the Vita. There are some touch screen features added on to this game, but don't really think I'll use them at all. The touch screen features aren't things that really change the gameplay much and most will probably ignore them.

If you love playing the Metal Gear series over and over again and want them on the go then you should definitely pick this copy up, the games plays great and look great on the Vita. There is no new content compared to the PS3/Xbox 360 versions. Just the fact you can carry it around and play it whenever and the fact that you can save your game on your PS3 and continue it on your Vita and vice versa.

If you've never played these games before you are really missing out. There's a reason they have ported this series to many systems and re hash them every couple of years. They are in my Top 10 games of all time. Yes, they're that good. I've boughten these games several times, the remakes, the Substances, Substinanceseses (lol), the Ps2 collections, the HD collections for consoles, and now the Vita version.

No, this does not include the Peace Walker game.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 8, 2014 8:38 AM PST

PlayStation Vita - Wifi
PlayStation Vita - Wifi
Offered by Insane Web Deals...Simply the Best Deals on the Web!
Price: $299.88
111 used & new from $137.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Handheld Out There, June 13, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Ok I won't go much into every detail of the Vita as many reviewers have already done so. But I will say that I was one of the people excited about the Vita but not so excited about the price tag. Yes it's pricey and yes so are the memory cards. I held off on buying this for awhile until I had enough money saved up and decided to pick it up. WOW! this is a mini PS3. The graphics and OLED screen are beautiful. The games look so good on this, it justifies the price tag. I don't regret buying this at all and play this now more than my 3DS and consoles. This is the king of handhelds I believe at the moment. Not to mention that there is so much potential for games on this thing. Even just ports would be awesome to have on the go.

I applaud how unique and easy it is to navigate the Vita. Closing a game out and starting it up is easy and fast with a simple touch. I love the design, having a push power button instead of slide. The touch controls for games are a nice feature, but not something I see myself really using a lot.

If I can make one critique on the Vita is that the battery life is kinda bad, 3 to 4 hours seems to be what the norm is playing a game, plus the fact that online gaming uses up more power is something to be worked on. That is just about the only complaint I have about the Vita is that it needs more battery power for all the hours of fun I want to have with it.

If you've been hesitating on buying it for some reason other than the price tag, don't. If you can afford it, buy it. You won't regret it.

EA Sports FIFA Soccer - PlayStation Vita
EA Sports FIFA Soccer - PlayStation Vita
Offered by MOST WANTED
Price: $11.60
85 used & new from $8.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a worthy handheld soccer game, June 13, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I remember playing Fifa 98 World Cup on my N64 and being instantly hooked. I'm a huge soccer fan and Fifa game fan as well. I've played every Fifa game since then and long have I been wishing for a decent FIFA handheld game. I used to pick up the PSP FIFA titles but not getting into them as much as my console versions. I made a mistake in buying the 3DS version in the meantime thinking that would hold me over till I saved up for my Vita, BIG MISTAKE!! The graphics have lacked as well as the gameplay on every handheld FIFA I had played so far, nothing could really compare to the consoles. Then along came Vita and changed the game. When I first saw how beautiful FIFA looked on a Vita it was my reason to buy it.

Now for those who are wondering the differences between the handheld and the console version. Well there are a few, for one shooting is a little bit more simplified not really being able to kick curve balls while running like on console. No 11 vs 11 online mode which is understandable because everyone would be lagging. That's one minor complaint I have about the game is that when playing head to head against someone online I've noticed for the most part there is lag, its not a deal breaker unless you mostly play online. I mostly play career mode, I use my PS3 for online play.

Overall this game is a blast on Vita,the graphics are up to par with console and is a must for any FIFA fan on the go. This is by far the best handheld version of FIFA I've ever played and I find myself playing this version now more than my console version.

Mary and Max
Mary and Max
DVD ~ Toni Collette
Offered by American_Standard
Price: $12.12
46 used & new from $5.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow claymation at its finest, June 5, 2012
This review is from: Mary and Max (DVD)
I always saw this movie on Netflix with great reviews but never really caught my eye at first. I figure I'd check out what all the fuss was about. WOW! what a great movie. If you're tired of watching endless Disney moneymaking movies that they cram out every other week, this is the movie for you. I always felt animation in all its forms has much to offer to movies in every genre but is mostly used for children's movies.

This movie breaks the mold. It is such a unique story and tells it in a way that has you engaged. Yes it is a sad story but how can someone give it a bad rating for being a movie with real emotion. I recommend anyone that likes any genre of movies to watch Mary and Max you will be pleasantly surprised that a claymation movie can convey a wide range of emotions and is not just for children.

Silent Hill: Downpour
Silent Hill: Downpour
Offered by RED DOT
Price: $22.15
74 used & new from $8.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent game return to Silent Hill, June 5, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Silent Hill: Downpour (Video Game)
Ok, first of all I was one of the people that was afraid to buy this due to the very bad reviews I've seen on the net. Never again will I base reviews on whether I buy a game or not. Not since Silent Hill 2 has a Silent Hill game been so engaging for me. The story and plot is great and applaud the developers for bringing Silent Hill back to its roots. There area lot of side quests you can choose to do if you want to and overall it's a very solid game with some replay value. I loved the "nightmare" sequences throughout the game and thought this was very unique and the best parts of the game. It gave me a sort of Nightmare on Elm Street feel. The setting and mood of the game is great, it has been awhile that i played through a game for hours and beat it in a few days.

Now the bad part of this game is that in my opinion the ending(s) were horrible and short. I felt that they really just put together these endings at the last minute and felt like it didn't really answer the questions I had. Also one of my complaints is that the story seemed to revolve a lot around the female guard and that took away a lot of focus from Murphy. Murphy's story was very engaging and had me wanting to play further to see what had really happened and

Aside from that the game lagged at points and there was a lot of texture popping throughout the game. It's not a deal breaker but it does get annoying at times.
Overall this game brought back my faith in Silent Hill games, it was a great game and I recommend it to Silent Hill fans and horror game fans as well. I definitely recommend anyone to pick this game up and avoid all the bad reviews I've seen on other websites.

Page: 1 | 2