Profile for TJ > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 40

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

TJ "TJ n illini country" RSS Feed (Illinois)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Columbia Sportswear Men's Bugaboot Plus Cold Weather Boot
Columbia Sportswear Men's Bugaboot Plus Cold Weather Boot

5.0 out of 5 stars Polar vortex approved-My feet our warm & dry, January 6, 2014
I have had these boots for a year now,and I felt I should get my review on here.This is the best boot i have ever owned.This boot is very durable and very well insulated as well as waterproof.My feet our always kept warm and they stay dry as well.These boots were put to the real test during the Midwestern winter storm & polar vortex that came through.I was outside in the evening hours and it was -10 below(wind chill -30 below) and my feet were very warm & i was so relieved. In a bad situation if i was stranded I'd feel feel glad to have these on my feet.
I do own a pair of military mickey mouse boots made for extreme cold weather.In comparison they would keep my feet warm but they would sweat inside them,plus they were much heavier to walk in.These bugaboots our the way to go,and you won't be disappointment in them.They have been a good boot for a year so far,but early 2014 they were put to the test and they passed with flying colors.

Kaito AN-200 Tunable Passive AM Antenna
Kaito AN-200 Tunable Passive AM Antenna
Offered by Electronnix
Price: $25.00
4 used & new from $23.25

4.0 out of 5 stars will grab those weak AM stations, January 1, 2014
I bought this to help my sangean 909 pull those weak AM stations out of the mud.This does the task,and doesn't take up any room.You need to be able to put this right next to the radio for it to work.Theres a station I enjoy listening to over 100 miles away during the day and it was really hard to hear it.Not anymore though, as this AM antenna works wonder when tuning the AM dial.At night time its just as fun to be able to pickup those far away distant stations over 1000 miles away.If your on the AM dial,this is a must have for all those faraway stations.

Pyle-Pro PMP30 Professional Megaphone/Bullhorn with Siren
Pyle-Pro PMP30 Professional Megaphone/Bullhorn with Siren
Price: $16.17
94 used & new from $11.19

4.0 out of 5 stars what a great item, January 1, 2014
I love my bullhorn its soo much fun,I let my dad borrow it one weekend when going to a family event and he loved it too.This item is pretty loud,although probably not as loud as the more expensive models this does the job.It has a button for a siren which is ear piercing if you want to be.Its an excellent item for your next family event,work meeting or just something to get other peoples attention.I'm glad i purchased this bullhorn.

Midland HH54VP Portable Emergency Weather Radio with SAME (Black)
Midland HH54VP Portable Emergency Weather Radio with SAME (Black)
Price: $24.25
144 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars must have portable radio in bad weather, January 1, 2014
I am so happy with this investment that I bought a couple more for my family members.I'm sold on this item its an excellent and totally deserves the 5 star rating I'm giving it..For starters its got a great display on it with easy to read alpha lettering in the screen.The other great thing is its small,and very easy to take with you.It has 2 modes one for home & another called travel mode.Travel mode is nice when your in another city or state as it will look for the strongest signal and lock on that signal.It operates on AA batteries which is nice because i always have them available.When i'm at home i use the included AC adapter.It picks up my noaa station pretty and i keep mine by a window so that helps in reception.I just put a cheap super hook into my wall,next to the window & hide the ac cord under the trim so it looks a little better(look at my picture here)Its also nice with having the audible alert feature along with the visual yellow/red dot system for watches & warnings.You can also put in multiple codes for other counties also so your readily informed.
Just a suggestion but don't bother with the midland battery pack you can get with it.I had nothing but bad luck with it plus it would never keep a charge very long.I had better luck just putting in a good pair of AA's-It runs off the AC adapter,but the batteries our still in it,in case of a power outage or i have to be on the move.
I wanted to wait a few months before reviewing this item to be sure its up to par to being a good tool to have,and it most definitely is.I was serious about getting a sangean weather radio CL-100 and thats also a real nice radio,but i opted to go with this one and I am very happy with my purchase.Tornadoes,hurricanes,blizzards,thunderstorms, this is the radio you want to have.It could be the one item that might save your life or even your loved ones.
Comment Comment | Permalink

CJ Industries F101 Fantastic Ice Scraper with Brass Blade (Color may Vary)
CJ Industries F101 Fantastic Ice Scraper with Brass Blade (Color may Vary)
Offered by CBC Manufacturing and Supply
Price: $5.99
6 used & new from $0.87

4.0 out of 5 stars better than cheap plastic scrapers, January 1, 2014
I bought this as a backup scraper in my car. This is a great scraper for getting frost off your windshield as well as getting that ice off it too.Its a small scraper yet is very valuable tool to have in the winter time to get those bad elements off your window.I really like the brass blade that is on this scraper,as it can really dig into some ice & clear the frost off your window quickly & effectively My main scraper is a Hopkins subzero ice crusher off of amazon,but this scraper is also a must have as it can handle the tough tasks too.

Para-Cord Survival Bracelet "Black" 9 Inch
Para-Cord Survival Bracelet "Black" 9 Inch
Offered by LUOS CULTURAL GOODS (USA SELLER)
Price: $3.99
21 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars great for big wristed people, January 1, 2014
A lot of survival bracelets our nice bug never fit my wrists because there too small. i'm glad i found this one as its 9 inches and my wrist 8 inches which fots snug yet not too tight.When i'm not wearing this,its hooked onto my EDC bag thats with me all the time.Everyone should own one these bracelets as you never know when a situation might arise where this could be a lifesaver.

5580 POLAR FLEECE ONE HOLE BALACLAVA - Black
5580 POLAR FLEECE ONE HOLE BALACLAVA - Black
Offered by Army Universe
Price: $6.76
8 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great for anything outdoors, January 1, 2014
This balaclava keeps my head very warm at work.This is a must have especially when the temp gets below 10 degrees.You really can protect your face yet stay warm at all times outdoors.This is actually a must have in single digit temps & below zero.I'm glad this is offered on amazon.

BIC Soft Feel Retractable Ballpoint Pen, Medium Point, Black, 12-Count
BIC Soft Feel Retractable Ballpoint Pen, Medium Point, Black, 12-Count
Offered by My office innovations
Price: $6.68
44 used & new from $1.67

5.0 out of 5 stars great for work when on the go, January 1, 2014
I like these pens because there a clickable pen,small yet always works good & is comfortable for me. On my job I'm on the move a lot and always need to have a pen on me for signing bills & legal documents and this works good.BIC made a great product here.

Skylink HA-434RTL Long Range Motion Alert Kit; Be notified of your surroundings.
Price: $27.03
12 used & new from $17.57

5.0 out of 5 stars early detection for home security, January 1, 2014
Having this item gives me piece of mind when I'm at home knowing that if anyone is on my property I'll know before them.I give this item an easy 5 star rating for the simple setup,very inexpensive price,and the capabilities of what this item does,and to build up on it.
For starters setup is a breeze,you put in the good 9 volt battery,push in the button for the sensor,pick your zone(you have 4 zones) and walaaah your done programming it.Next step is location,and you need to be somewhat precise about this.When you set this up make sure its not pointed in the direction where theres a lot of movement.for example don't point it toward the street,bushes.trees or you might get a lot of unwanted signals.The nice thing about the sensors is you can aim it in any direction,so its a matter of just tweaking it out to get that perfect setting to where you pickup the desired movement like a person walking by it.
The other great thing about this item,is you can really expand on it and add more sensors.The sensors will run you roughly 20-30 dollars each which is not cheap considering the base unit & 1 sensor costs the same but its a big thing if you have a lot of areas to cover.I actually have 6 sensors,with 4 of them on each side of the house,along with an extra one on my porch,and an extra one watching my car & driveway.The beauty of this is you can add up to 4 sensors for each zone,which would be 16 sensors total.
I can't comment on the range on this but based on other users it seems to be pretty good.If i was to improve on this it would have a telescopic antenna,and i do know reading the reviews on here,someone actually installed a telescopic antenna,which would look more professional.I would also limit the number of audible beeps,because you don't really need 10 seconds of beeps.also having a volume dial setting with low/med/high would be nice too.I put a piece of black duct tape on the speaker like one reviewer suggested and it does help out with the loudness.The base is pretty small and will not look to bad anywhere you locate it.
In the end I'd like to say this is a great tool to have for your home security system,that is cheap,that works great,and something you can expand on in the future.If there ever was an incident at my home I'd like to know I might have that extra time to call 911 or be prepared.I waited 6 months to review this to be sure about this & I'm happy to give this item 5 stars.

d.light LED Solar Rechargeable #S20 Area Lantern
d.light LED Solar Rechargeable #S20 Area Lantern
Price: $18.95
31 used & new from $15.39

5.0 out of 5 stars great bugout bag addition, January 1, 2014
This solar lantern puts out a pretty decent light in the area ,especially in pitch black.Its an LED light and you can set it to 2 different power setting low & high.Its not very big,and is an excellent addition to any survival/bugout bag.I'll be glad i had this item when the power goes out.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4