Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Martha Stewart American Made Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Classics and Essentials in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Deals on HTL
Profile for Franklin H. Fischer > Reviews

Franklin H. Fisc...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Franklin H. Fischer RSS Feed (Gainesville, FL)

Page: 1 | 2
Philips Sonicare HX6932/10 FlexCare RS930 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare HX6932/10 FlexCare RS930 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Offered by HQ Tech

2.0 out of 5 stars It dies after two years, a.k.a. when warranty is up., August 27, 2014
I bought this toothbrush on July 8th, 2012. It worked amazingly for about two years on the dot, then mysteriously started acting crazy. The battery level icon stopped working, so I had no idea when the toothbrush needed to be recharged. No big deal, though. I could just charge it once a week and it would be fine. I guess the toothbrush had other ideas, though, because now it won't even turn on when I press the "on" button. Or sometimes it does turn on, but then it won't turn off. It's pretty much gone insane, even though I took great care of the handle for the two years I owned it. For nearly $200, I was expecting this toothbrush to last longer than 24 months.

If you read some other reviews, you'll notice that these toothbrushes quitting after two years is a common occurrence. It's almost as if they're programed to break down after a couple years. Weird...

I'm not sure where to turn to now. I guess I'll have to use a conventional toothbrush like some sort of savage until I figure out what electric toothbrush I should buy next. Hopefully my next one will make it past its toddler years.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars A good bowl to put garbage in., April 17, 2014
I'm not sure why there are a bunch of sarcastic reviews of this product. It's a good enough garbage bowl. I've seen better, but it gets the job done.

Amazon used to be a place where you could get honest, well-thought out reviews of products. Now it's just a cesspool of sarcastic reviews. I wish I could put all these joke reviews in this bowl, because they're garbage.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2014 1:01 AM PDT

Coffee Town
Coffee Town
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been funnier., July 22, 2013
This review is from: Coffee Town (Amazon Instant Video)
I'm a huge "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" fan, so in support of Glenn Howerton I rented this movie from amazon (for $7 mind you) instead of pirating it.

The movie wasn't very funny, though. I mean, it was cute. There were some funny moments here and there. The dialog between the three friends is what keeps this movie from being completely forgettable. Josh Groban is also a surprisingly decent comedy actor. That's news to me.

I probably would have enjoyed "Coffee House" more if I was blazed and/or buzzed while watching. Then again, I could say that about pretty much any activity.

So yeah, three stars. Not bad, but not great either.

Snickers Slice 'N Share Bar, 1 Pound
Snickers Slice 'N Share Bar, 1 Pound
Price: $18.99
16 used & new from $18.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best candy bar for my needs right now., February 27, 2013
I just ate this one-pound Snickers bar, and all I can say is WOW. It's freakin' awesome, like, I can't even feel my feet right now!

I bought one of these at my local Walmart, and ate the whole thing on a bench outside near the entrance. A lot of people gave me strange looks when they saw me eating a baby-forearm size chocolate bar, but I think that's just because they mistook the giant Snickers bar for a large, veiny, black sextoy. Like I'd be caught doing that in a Walmart parking lot again! Get real!

Anyways, I'd recommend this candy bar to anyone who wears sweat pants and/or American flag themed clothing on a regular basis. I would have given this product 5 stars, but the necessary follow-up insulin shots did not come included. Enjoy!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2014 6:56 PM PST

Sceptre E325BV-HDH 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV (Black)
Sceptre E325BV-HDH 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV (Black)
Offered by traderjo10
Price: $171.45

2.0 out of 5 stars Had to return because of discoloration, December 3, 2012
My dad bought me this TV on Black Friday as an early Christmas present (thanks, Pops!) because it was cheap and had some good reviews on Amazon. I guess sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

The TV was easy enough to unpack and assemble. Unfortunately, after I plugged it in I noticed a yellow discoloration in the bottom corners of the screen. This yellow haze was very noticeable during dark scenes, which pretty much ruins most TV shows and movies for me.

I wanted to exchange the TV for a new one of the same model, but Amazon informed me that they couldn't because they were out of stock at the time. Instead I just returned it and the Ol' Man got his money back.

Although the TV was messed up, Amazon's customer service was excellent as always and the TV was easy to return. I'm gonna look for a bigger TV now, so everything kinda worked out in the end.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2012 12:58 PM PST

Wet Goddess
Wet Goddess
by Malcolm J. Brenner
11 used & new from $18.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for animal lovers!, September 22, 2011
This review is from: Wet Goddess (Paperback)
This book illustrates the bond one can feel with animals.

I've owned a guinea pig for a couple years now. Her name is Fluffy, and I'm pretty sure she flirts with me. She squeaks enthusiastically when I pet her back, lets me feed her alfalfa sprouts by hand, and sometimes lightly nibbles on my fingers.

After reading Wet Goddess, I now know that Fluffy IS flirting with me and signaling that she wants a more intimate relationship. I told her it's time to stop playing games and let's do this if we're gonna do this. She seemed receptive, so I'm taking her out on a date this Friday. We're doing a tour of a mulching company and will sample some wood chips at the end of it. After we've had our fill, we'll go the McDonalds playland because they have those tubes you can crawl in, and I know Fluffy loves crawling thru tubes.

Look, I know people are going to judge when they see me walking around town with a gorgeous guinea pig in my arms, but whatever. They're just jealous haters who don't understand the bond one can feel with a different species.

There will be obstacles to overcome in this relationship, but there are challenges in every relationship. It's all about compromise. I'm trying to teach Fluffy to stop pooping on herself, and she's teaching me how to drink water from an upside-down bottle.

I'll check back here in a few weeks to let everyone know how my relationship with Fluffy is going. Until then, I implore all people to read Wet Goddess before they pursue an inter-species relationship.
Comment Comments (22) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2015 8:06 PM PDT

Motorola MB810 Droid X Rubberized Shield Hard Case Black
Motorola MB810 Droid X Rubberized Shield Hard Case Black
Offered by EPICDEALZ
Price: $7.32

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke within a week., September 30, 2010
The case looks sleek and feels secure. However, it is a piece of junk. I just bought this case less then a week ago. It's already broke. One of the plastic snaps on the corner of the case broke off. This means one of the corners no longer snaps, so the case is loose and practically useless.

This phone case was cool while it lasted...for the few days I used it. It's not like I put the case through rigorous use either. It stayed in my pocket most of the time.

I will now toss this case in the trash, take the loss, and buy a better phone case for my Droid X.

You've been warned.

High Court Case Summaries on Estates and Trusts, Keyed to Dobris, 3d Edition
High Court Case Summaries on Estates and Trusts, Keyed to Dobris, 3d Edition
by Thomson West
13 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars These are such a relief, May 21, 2010
Casebooks suck. The cases inside them are lengthy and full of dense legal language written by judges and justices.

Case briefs don't suck. They summarize the cases you need to read in easy-to-digest language.

"High Court Case Summaries" are my favorite brand of case briefs. This is because they are a little more in-depth than other brands. They also have humorous cartoons for every case. Theses cartoons aren't just there to get laughs - they also help you remember a case by associating it with a picture for quick memory recall.

I always feel happy when I find a "High Court Case Summaries" keyed to my specific casebook. You should too!

65 Watt, 3 Prong AC Adapter with 3 ft Power Cord for Dell XPS M1330 Laptop
65 Watt, 3 Prong AC Adapter with 3 ft Power Cord for Dell XPS M1330 Laptop
Price: $14.94
4 used & new from $14.94

2.0 out of 5 stars It's dead after a year, May 21, 2010
I purchased this charger as a back-up to my regular Dell brand charger. I bought it because it was cheap. Unfortunately, this is one of those situations where the old adage "you get what you pay for" rings true.

I used this charger occasionally, a couple times a week maybe. Nothing too strenuous. However, it quit working the other day. I grabbed the charger to see if it came unplugged. Nope, it was still plugged in. However, the main charger part was VERY hot and it smelled like something burned up inside it. Yeah, it's completely dead now.

Although you may save in the short run buying this charger over a name brand, chances are this charger will die within a year or so and you'll end up getting a replacement, so factor that into your costs. My Dell brand charger that came included with my XPS 1330 still works great after three years of rigorous use.

The ironic part is I don't have a lot of money to spend, so if I do buy another back-up charger for this computer, I'll likely buy another cheap one, but just not this specific model. From now on, I'll call them "throwaway" chargers!

But if I had to buy a new charger to be my main charger, not just a back-up, I would definitely opt for the Dell brand made specifically for my laptop.

Sega Genesis Core System 2
Sega Genesis Core System 2
173 used & new from $20.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Sega Genisis, March 29, 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
It's not as much fun as I remember when I was 10 years old. Nostalgia isn't enough to keep this system relevant.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 20, 2012 12:50 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2