Profile for T.M. James > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T.M. James RSS Feed (California)

Beats Wireless On-Ear Headphone (Black)
Beats Wireless On-Ear Headphone (Black)
Price: $279.95
98 used & new from $118.50

1.0 out of 5 stars You are buying a brand, September 20, 2013
I bought a pair at a local brick and mortar. I should have retreated when the first red flag was waived. The cashier strongly suggested that I buy the store warranty because the left earphones were having problems. I recognized there might be a problem but I was thinking, okay, I can avoid this if I'm just careful with them. Uh uh. Approximately 4 days after I bought them with about 10 hours of use, I started hearing popping in the left earphone as promised. These things were either on my head or in their case and were never dropped or treated poorly.

Lastly, the sound is not much different than what I was getting from my stock iPhone ear buds. I expected a lot more from these and have been utterly disappointed. I am taking these back and getting a different brand today.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 20, 2013 5:11 PM PDT

Here Come the Black Helicopters!: UN Global Governance and the Loss of Freedom
Here Come the Black Helicopters!: UN Global Governance and the Loss of Freedom
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $11.99

1.0 out of 5 stars ZERO Credibility, November 7, 2012
Dick Morris may present some very important topics in this book but I don't know that because I admittedly haven't read it. I know one thing. I will never read it. Why? Because Dick Morris has zero credibility right now. Dick was running his big mouth about a Mitt Romney landslide. He predicted a lot of things that were just way, way off.

I'm sorry Dick but you are no longer a person I listen to and I will never read anything you put out. I wouldn't waste my time reading a free copy of this book let alone pay to read it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2012 8:14 AM PST

TCL L32HDF11TA 32-Inch 720p 60 Hz LCD HDTV with 2-Year Warranty, Black (2010 Model)

1.0 out of 5 stars TERRIBLE!, September 22, 2012
This is what I get for buying an off brand TV. Less than a year old, this thing has had very light use, maybe 30 minutes a day or less since then. It died this week. The mobo or brain probably fried. The power does not come on anymore. I will never again buy another TCL.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 25, 2012 7:04 AM PDT

XCOM Classics Pack [Online Steam Code]
XCOM Classics Pack [Online Steam Code]

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!, May 27, 2012
Outdated code. This hasn't been supported or updated in a decade. The program acts as a backdoor for your firewalls, anti-malware programs, and anti-virus programs.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2012 9:38 PM PST

Brain Storms: Surviving Catastrophic Illness
Brain Storms: Surviving Catastrophic Illness
by Les Duncan
Price: $12.59
31 used & new from $2.75

5.0 out of 5 stars You Choose How to Live, January 2, 2012
Les has written a fine book on how to have a good life regardless of your situation. He tells us that we control our moods, that our thoughts are ours to master, and that there is no room for stinkin' thinkin'. Count your blessings and be thankful for what you have. Thank you Les for having the strength and courage to recover and to write this book. It has helped me and my family in dealing with my recent diagnosis.

American Standard 4175300F15.075 Colony Soft PULL-DOWN Kitchen Faucet with 1.5 gpm Aerator, Stainless Steel
Price: $184.27
3 used & new from $150.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Style and quality, January 2, 2012
First, I got this at one of the local big box stores today for $168.00. The high low pricing on Amazon is a great sales tactic but in this case, it's just a tactic. Second, this faucet is very well built, easy to install, and it looks very good on my sink. Good price, good quality, a good value overall.

Rapala Fishing Frenzy - Playstation 3
Rapala Fishing Frenzy - Playstation 3
Offered by MOST WANTED
Price: $39.80
37 used & new from $18.58

2.0 out of 5 stars Blah, March 31, 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
You have to use the controller like a fishing rod and use the casting motion to cast the line.

The idea of flipping the control towards my LCD does not appeal to me. I guess you could do the same motion towards a wall by the screen, but the tendency is to cast towards your target on the screen.

Reeling in a fish is a pain. This game is just not that much fun for the wear and tear it produces on the equipment and potential damage to a $1500 TV.

Emerson 32in. LCD 720P 60HZ
Emerson 32in. LCD 720P 60HZ

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and unreliable, don't waste your money, December 15, 2008
Bargain television. For $500 this is not a bargain. Had this for less than 3 months and internal electronics have failed. For another $100 you could buy a reliable brand and save yourself some time and money.

EMERSON = Faulty

The only other reivew on this site says it all, they bought it "refurbished".

Samsung LN46A650 46-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV with Red Touch of Color
Samsung LN46A650 46-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV with Red Touch of Color
4 used & new from $699.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Value at its best, November 10, 2008
No sales taxes and with Amazon Prime, no shipping costs, and the low price on the product means that I got the best deal on this television and it was not even close.

Lots of people are talking about waiting until Black Friday to buy a set. I think that would be a mistake. Waiting to buy an inferrior set at the same price does not make sense.

This set has a beautiful picture, check the specs, they are good. The inputs are plentiful. Shipping from Amazon was on time and the service was outstanding. They allowed me to plug in the set to make sure it worked before leaving, if I rejected it, they would have returned it for me.

Side story about why I bought this set.

I replaced another set with a cracked screen with this one and the tech told me that the screens for Samsungs and LG's are the cheapest to replace. If you are worried about a cracked screen (kids, pets, high activity house) you should get a screen protector. But if I had this set, it would have cost half as much to replace the screen as my old brand.

OVERALL:
Great value, $1500 for everything, additional $200 for screen protector from another vendor, and I have a set that is fantastic.