Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for W. Edwards > Reviews

Browse

W. Edwards' Profile

Customer Reviews: 51

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

W. Edwards RSS Feed (WA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Lipper International Bamboo Tea Storage Box (Tea Storage Box, Clear Lid)
Lipper International Bamboo Tea Storage Box (Tea Storage Box, Clear Lid)

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy Tea Case, June 3, 2016
So... I was never thinking I was the sort of person who would have a tea storage box. Like who does that, right?

Only then I went to a friend's house, she offered me tea. And then she pulls out this AWESOME box of tea, sets it down in front of me, then proceeds to hand me a cup, saucer, spoon, and puts the water on to boil. I was like whoa - THAT is some pretty nice hospitality.

Maybe it's just because I like tea. But I thought that was pretty classy. And kind.

so anyhow, I got one of these, the better to offer tea and sympathy - and to not have my cupboard be this awful mess of half-full tea boxes from the store that just sort of rattle around whenever I reach for the tetley (my default tea - in it's own container).

Kind of a specialty item, but I dig it.

Lifetime 280094 Kid's Picnic Table
Lifetime 280094 Kid's Picnic Table
Price: $52.16
32 used & new from $46.94

5.0 out of 5 stars ... for the kids as a cheap alternative to the SUPER expensive (and of-questionable-quality) kid's furniture out there, June 3, 2016
Got this for the kids as a cheap alternative to the SUPER expensive (and of-questionable-quality) kid's furniture out there.

This thing is covered in permanent marker and crayon marks now, a testament to a well-loved art table. We love it. Would totally recommend.

Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Search
Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Search
by Gene Luen Yang
Price: $28.25
85 used & new from $19.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful art, great story, June 3, 2016
Beautiful art, great story. Finally answers the question of what happened to Zuko's mother.

I bought it for my daughter, who wanted to know about Mama Firelord after watching ATLAB. Found myself stealing it to read, too.

Beautiful artwork, lovely book.

Appa Plush 18"
Appa Plush 18"
Offered by NickelodeonUniverse®
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars own personal cuddle-bison!, June 3, 2016
This review is from: Appa Plush 18" (Toy)
SO CUTE!

So cuddly.

Who, upon seeing ATLAB did not want a sky bison of their very own?

This was a gift for my daughter (5yo) and she loves him.

Momo 9" Plush
Momo 9" Plush

4.0 out of 5 stars I would not buy again just because he was not huggable like Appa. Still, June 3, 2016
This review is from: Momo 9" Plush (Toy)
Very cute, but not as squishy as the stuffed Appa from the same seller. I would not buy again just because he was not huggable like Appa.

Still, for a collectible, he was nice.

Penguins On Ice
Penguins On Ice
Offered by Smart Toys and Games
Price: $21.40
41 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This game was HARD! But fun! But HARD!, June 3, 2016
This review is from: Penguins On Ice (Toy)
I got this for a niece - aaaand...yeah, I really should have gotten her the Three Little Piggies game instead. She would have had more success with that game (she's age 6, but isn't really into logic games like her parents are).

THIS game is super-duper fun. However! It's challenging. Like many logic puzzles, it can range from the 'What even!???' to the 'OMG, so obvious, how did I not see?' And that's the fun, right?

The lower level puzzles are fairly straightforward. You look in the book, and attempt to re-create the picture with the moving ice-tile-pieces. It's a sort of adjustable ice tetris.

The master levels though - whoa! I got stuck on the first one. And with these type of puzzles, you can either "see" the solution - or just not. I struggled with it, then my hubby came over, then his brother joined in and we all stared at it and poked around until we finally found the answer. And we're all big on these kind of games (2 programmers and 1 philosopher), so yeah, this was a beast. BUT! I love these kind of puzzles. It was fun.

I think I want it for Christmas for myself. ;)

Three Little Piggies
Three Little Piggies
Offered by Smart Toys and Games
Price: $21.50
24 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game, on the easy end of the SmartGames library, June 3, 2016
This review is from: Three Little Piggies (Toy)
This is a really fun game - cute, good concept, great logic skills.

From reading many reviews, I begin to suspect that people who buy logic games for kids *tend* to gift said games to kids who are good at logic games - or used to logic games. I got this for one kiddo (4.5 yo.). She made it to the masters level puzzles easily. Her 6 yo. sister blew through the book in a few hours. Their cousin, however, was a better fit for *this* game than the Penguins on Ice one.

I think the difficulty level really depends upon the child and their skill set. This game is the easiest of the three we have (Three Piggies, Camelot Junior, Penguins on Ice). My favorite of the three is Camelot Jr.

That said, it's a fun game, well made, and very cute. Difficulty level TBD by kid.

Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggle With Clear Lens, White / Neon Green, Regular
Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggle With Clear Lens, White / Neon Green, Regular
Offered by Bay 15
Price: $17.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Goggles - no more puffy eyes!, June 3, 2016
This review is from: Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggle (Misc.)
Love these.

I started lap swimming and bought my first pair of goggles at the YMCA. YEah. The off-the-shelf-behind-the-info-desk version of goggles was NOT to my liking. They filled with water constantly, leaked, pinched, didn't suction properly, etc. and yet! they would suck onto my eye sockets so powerfully as to give me this puffy-eye condition where my lids looked slightly swollen after swimming. It was a bit weird - and kind of embarrassing if I was going out after my workout.

I got these because 1) the first review was so positive and 2) the goggles looked like they suctioned onto the cheekbones and eyebrow bones - not the soft tissue around the eyes. Well, when they arrived, that's exactly what they do. They create a suction seal on the skin that's over bone (cheek, brow, nose) and the soft tissue takes much less of a beating. Also, the adjusting is so much better than the other version. Once set, it does not slip around. These are left more loose but the suction keeps them from leaking.

Yes, they still leave marks on the skin, but I'm not getting the puffiness. I think these things hit my face perfectly, too. I'm a tall woman with average-sized face/features for my height. The men's size is working fine for me. A more petite person might prefer the ladies fit. Also, they did 'fog' a bit above water. But I'm super nearsighted, so, Eh? It didn't bother me too much. Main thing was that I have some sight in the water.

The only 'downside' is that these worked so well I didn't need to stop to adjust them AT ALL. I went for my entire workout with no excuse of goggle-fixing to hide behind when I got tired. I just had to sit there at the edge of the pool, breathing hard and admitting I needed a break. So...yeah. That's the 'bad' part.

Really great goggles. I'm getting some for my kids.

Maven Gifts: Ruby Rails Skydive Action Figure with GoldieBlox Zipline Action Figure
Offered by KO Deals
Price: $35.95
4 used & new from $35.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift set for 2 girls, June 3, 2016
I got these for my daughters for Christmas. They had been begging for Barbie-style dolls, and... well, I got these for them instead.

Pros:
* Super cute dolls. They really are nice-looking and well-built.
*Jointed. The dolls bend at the knees and elbows, allowing them to sit, grip things, pose, etc.
*STEM-branding. Ruby (Rails!) is a programmer and Goldie is an inventor. Yes please.
*Come with activities! The parachute & zip-line set-up are pretty fun.

Cons(ish) - sort of my 'consider this':
* The zipline is more free-form and takes up a room. The parachute requires some height to function properly. At Christmas, the sis with Goldie got to play with the zipline more. Ruby's parachute was less indoor friendly at our house.
*Both set-ups are a bit fiddly - zipline and parachute both. Parent help required.
*Clothes are painted on. These were not so easy to pass off as fashion dolls in lieu of Barbie. :D

Still, the kids loved them. A fun Barbie-alternate gift set.

TYR Women's Durafast Lite Solid Brite Diamondfit One-PieceSwimsuit
TYR Women's Durafast Lite Solid Brite Diamondfit One-PieceSwimsuit
Price: $33.80 - $111.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Lap swimming beauty, June 3, 2016
My kung fu teacher took to lap swimming and I followed her example. She recommended TYR suits because they last best in chlorine. I have one TYR suit that has stood up to chlorine pools, salt water pools, and open lake water alike. It's great and still going strong. But I saw this suit on sale and snapped it up to have a suit more made for lap swimming than my 'pretty' suit.

So far, I love it. I love the minimal straps & cut - makes it super easy to swim in. I don't notice this thing when I'm swimming - no riding up or straps in the way. The other TYR is also fantastic, but it's less streamlined than this one. (It's a TYR Women's Solid Controlfit Twist Bra, Black, Size 6

In the changing room, it felt snug. (I wear 8/34, am 5'10", 32D, long torsoed and big hipped) I had read, however, that *slightly* tight is best for lap-swimming suits. New to lap swimming, I took the word of the swimmers and was glad I did. When wet, this clings perfectly. It doesn't stretch exactly, but it does 'loosen' a bit. Anyhow, slightly snug = great in pool.

No, there is no padding/bust support, but that's great. It's for laps, not displaying the girls. I do nip out like crazy in this thing, so it's good that it's black. Less show that way. Also, with no built-in bra, it dries faster. Those built-in bras take forever to dry out.

Definitely not my show-off by the pool suit (ha! as if I had one). But my fave for lap swimming. Now I'm wanting a whole line of TYR diamondbacks, but I'll content myself with this one. TYRs are the best suits, and they last a good long while.

edit: Wanted to add - the diamondfit back is basically straps & a lowish-cut brief. At first the get-up was tricky to get into (as the first poster noted) However! This is GREAT if you are trying to peel yourself out of a wet suit - or peel self out of wet suit, pee, then strangle yourself back into said wet suit. It's a very clever design, though it is tricky to navigate at first.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6