Profile for Been there, done that > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Been there, done that RSS Feed (NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Versace Women's 92QCP11D497 S001 Reve 14k Yellow Gold Ion-Plated Watch with White Rubber Band
Offered by Luxstyle4u
Price: $3,130.00
6 used & new from $1,140.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely stunning!, February 26, 2015
Gorgeous watch. I'm not sure about the rubber strap yet, or why Versace didn't use a ceramic one, but this watch is so beautiful! The diamonds ARE worth it - they really make it special. If the rubber strap doesn't wear well, and I don't see why it won't, I'll try to replace it with a ceramic one from a Versace supplier. Meanwhile, I am totally enjoying this purchase.

Karen Pryor Clicker Training Terry Ryan Clik Stik for Pet Training
Karen Pryor Clicker Training Terry Ryan Clik Stik for Pet Training
Price: $19.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy for me, confusing for my pup, April 1, 2014
The concept is great, especially if you're training your dog in a wheelchair. Dip the end of the stick in peanut butter to click and treat, instead of grappling around while controlling the joystick.

The problem is, my pup's eyes were on the stick, not on my eyes. So she wasn't paying attention to me. Also, since she's touch-target trained, this stick started to undermine that .

If you're not training a service dog, and basic obedience is all you want, this clock might be okay. I liked the ease of operation, but wasn't thrilled with what my dog was unlearning...

PetSafe PBC00-12789 Vibration Bark Control Collar
PetSafe PBC00-12789 Vibration Bark Control Collar
Price: $48.29
44 used & new from $24.18

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked at first, April 1, 2014
With nuisance barkers that are sensitive dogs, this seems like a great answer. Citronella collars can spray dogs' eyes, and I didn't want an e-collar. Both send the dog a message that barking is always bad, when it isn't.. But nuisance barking at 4 am over the sound of trees snapping and raccoons in the garbage is no way to live.

So I tried this collar for nighttime only. At first, it worked. But then my pup got used to the nominal vibes and barked anyway. So I stopped using it for a week or so, then put it back on. No reaction, barking again.

I'm trying other techniques now, and since the awful winter is coming to an end, hoping that more daily exercise will help.

Girls from the Trailer (Pandora's Box, Book 2)
Girls from the Trailer (Pandora's Box, Book 2)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun reading, terrific local color, April 1, 2014
Pandora's Box is a fun, fast read. Taylor has peopled her book with colorful, unforgettable characters, and the local settings come alive. Get ready for a good time when you settle down with this book. I recommend a few iced teas spiked with your favorite something-proof to really immerse yourself in the story!

Home Of The Brave [HD]
Home Of The Brave [HD]
Price: $14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars PTSD on full display, April 1, 2014
Sad sad stories of returning Iraq vets, unfortunately nothing new. The acting is first rate.The title of my review says it all.

The Ghost Army [HD]
The Ghost Army [HD]
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, February 2, 2014
I'm stunned that no one has written a novel based on this incredible true story of a camouflage unit in WW2 that fooled the German army and saved many thousands of Allied lives, via inflatable tanks, recordings of troop movements and phony communications. It's a fascinating tale - I highly recommend this short documentary. The narration is also quite good - not the usual British voice over.

Vanilla Sky [HD]
Vanilla Sky [HD]
Price: $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars What a lousy movie, February 2, 2014
My title SATs it all. The story is a mess. It's not worth wasting even five minutes to watch it. Really. Skip it.

Hope - I
Hope - I
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, Fast-Paced Tale, June 12, 2013
This review is from: Hope - I (Kindle Edition)
This is a well-written, heart-wrenching, post-apocalyptic short story of survival and hope. Fast-paced, and written from a woman's perspective, Hope - I had my attention from the very beginning, and never let me go.

The voice of the protagonist is beautifully crafted, and her character is blunt yet sympathetic right from the opening few paragraphs. She is emotional in a sparse, matter-of-fact manner, which allows the reader to experience what she's going through in a more direct way than if her tale had bern tainted by excess. And what a bang-up ending!

Kudos to E.M. Havens for writing such a gripping, moving story that says so much in remarkably few words.

Downton Abbey Season 1 [HD]
Downton Abbey Season 1 [HD]
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Jump In!, March 15, 2013
I was reluctant to start this series. It just SOUNDED dull ...

Wrong! Sex, scheming, politics, scandal and, of course, Dame Maggie Smith with awesome one- liners. Ah I wish I could pull off some of her comments. : )

Season One is better than Season Two (which is much more predictable)I think. But once you jump in, you're hooked!

Lucky Brand Women's Charlie Skinny Leg Jean, Jet Black, 27
Lucky Brand Women's Charlie Skinny Leg Jean, Jet Black, 27

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves these!, March 4, 2013
She is IMPOSSIBLE to please. I was worried I'd have to return them until I got her text:'I LOVE THESE!'

Page: 1 | 2 | 3