Profile for Sharon L. Jones > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 50

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sharon L. Jones "sljones" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Masione™ Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard for Apple Ipad 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Ipad Air, Ipad Mini; Macbook Air/ Pro, IMac, Mac Mini, iTouch, Iphone 5, 5s, 4, 4s, 3g or 3gs (White)
Offered by Pay4Best
Price: $9.50
2 used & new from $9.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Plastic and worked only 5 MINUTES!, May 23, 2014
This is being returned. It world a total of 5 minutes and stopped working. The 'E' key stay stuck in the down position. ALL plastic, and yes, you do get what you paid for!

Homeworx HW110AN Super Thin Indoor HDTV Antenna
Homeworx HW110AN Super Thin Indoor HDTV Antenna
Price: $8.95
34 used & new from $2.82

1.0 out of 5 stars C**P. Do NOT waste your time., May 15, 2014
I can only assume all these great reviews are from relatives of the Chinese maker because this is not worth a penny! I live in LA and it picked up a total of.......wait for it.........2 channels! My friend next door has old rabbit ears and gets 42 channels. The cord is 4 feet..can't move it much from the tv...and it is a small 3 inch by 6 inch piece of plastic. SAVE frustration and time...FORGET this piece of nonsense!

Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT Show, March 5, 2014
This review is from: Bosch [HD] (Amazon Instant Video)
Loved it. I do hope we get to see more. One criticism...cut out the smoking. Having the lead character having a cigarette in his mouth constantly is sooooooo 80's. We can have an edgy, nuanced lead without the constant smoking...PLEASE>

Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW..., March 5, 2014
I loved this...I hope you do a season because I am hooked already. The ending was really great. It was well worth watching...and I hope I don't have to wait too long to see another.

The Best of the Colgate Comedy Hour
The Best of the Colgate Comedy Hour
DVD ~ Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis
Price: $30.25
12 used & new from $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT Collection, March 3, 2014
I read the previous reviews and went ahead and bought this anyway. What a GREAT buy. Yes, they did cut out all of Dean's solos..SOLOs ONLY. Songs sung w Jerry was kept in. I think this is due to whomever holds the copyright to his songs. This should NOT deter you from buying this set. It was hours of some of the funniest skits they ever did. PLUS...the bonus. The funniest oldie commercials...all kept in.

Yes, the logo is there...lower right...but on my set it was just a light shadow...I didn't even notice it till one reviewer pointed that out. And yes, the quality is not the finest...but geez guys..these shows are over 60 years old, made for black and white tv...on film....converted to vhs then to dvd. Give me a break. It is no worse than watching the reruns on ME TV or Retro TV! A lot of these can be seen free on Prime, which I have, but I wanted to dvds and I am not sorry. I did get a set used...so even saved a few more dollars.

If your a fan, this is the best set around!

AmazonBasics Ultra-Thin Indoor HDTV Antenna - 25 Mile Range
AmazonBasics Ultra-Thin Indoor HDTV Antenna - 25 Mile Range
Price: $18.99
11 used & new from $17.66

1.0 out of 5 stars Might just be a 'one off' but this didn't get one channel!, December 23, 2013
Might be a bad antenna but I'm in LA and this didn't pick up one channel!! My next door neighbor has 41 channels w rabbit ears. I know the tv works...it was on air, then cable now wanted to put it back on air. So sending back to Amazon.

Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ70 16.1 MP Digital Camera with 60x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3-Inch LCD (Black)
Offered by Woodland Hills Camera & telescopes
Price: $347.99
56 used & new from $218.50

3.0 out of 5 stars LOVE the Camera...but if U Have a MAC...SOFTWARE SUCKS!, September 28, 2013
I love the camera, BUT for a mac user, Panasonic uses a proprietary raw2 format. iPhoto and Aperture will NOT recognize the photos in raw2.."unreadable files". NOWHERE does Panasonic mention this. You need to download SilkyPix (for free) BUT WHOAAAA...it is SOOOOOO difficult it put me in tears. There is no export button, I took an hour to look for export or even SAVE ....NOTHING. I figured how to convert to tiff (thinking iPhoto would recognize that) and I think it saved....BUT TO WHERE???? There is no option to save to a folder, or the desktop.

Forget the Silkypix manual. If you are proficient w Photoshop this might be okay..but I am not. I want a user friendly camera and user friendly iphoto to process my photos. I want raw to save to the external hard drive... but with this program it is IMPOSSIBLE. You have to telephone JAPAN!!!! For goodness sake Panasonic. The software is a "DEVELOPER'S TOOL"!!!! Really????? As a 'bridge' camera, this is for non-professionals....so the software needs to be user friendly.

And Panasonic free 800 tech support is just as worthless. He said I needed to contact Apple if iPhoto didn't recognize raw2. As it is ONLY panasonic that uses it, it should be panasonic to supply a user friendly photo processing, NOT this JUNK!! And really, the Silkypix manual is as difficult as the program..NOWHERE does the manual explain how to save to desktop. NOT AT ALL! The directions looses much in translation.

If raw is important to you, and yu have a mac, keep this in mind. I am truly thinking of sending this back. The absolute lack of support is troubling!

I have added the following to CNET reviews of this camera...I hope you find it helpful.

I bought this camera and LOVE it. Sharp, retina colors..just beautiful BUT the raw is misleading. It is raw2, which is proprietary to Panasonic, and for a Mac user , iPhoto does a "unreadable files". So contacted the 800 number and Panasonic rep was useless...told me to contact Apple! REALLY! So tried again w online chat and was told needed to download Silkypix, free and for Mac. WOW...unless your a tech 'geek' this software is sooooooo difficult it left me in tears. The Silkypix manual, looses a great deal in translation and is like the program..a "developers tool"! It is toooo difficult to read and understand. All I wanted to do is take one of the raw2 files, convert to Tiff so I could use in iPhoto or Aperture. Learned how to convert..BUT no Export button, no save button..no way to export to external desktop folder and I still can't find the photo I converted. Was so upset deleted program and sent a very angry letter to Silkypix and Panasonic.

So if raw is important to you and you use a Mac, you better be VERY knowledgeable in technical terms or Photoshop because this is way too difficult for an ordinary person to understand. I don't use Photoshop because I find it difficult to use. I am not a professional photographer, and this is a 'bridge' camera...so Panasonic needs to get rid of Silkypix and use a "user friendly" program or get rid of raw2 and use raw.

As for the adaptors, they are available on Panasonic's website and Amazon. I did but a uv filter to attach to protect the lens, and other accessories. The video in 1080 is wonderful and I just love this camera, especially for the $358 price I paid on Amazon (plus free shipping and no tax!) BUT I have been taught by my friends at the photo club to always have raw files, and not just jpeg. So I have an external hard drive I keep all my photos on. As I get better at the software I can go back to the raw and process better, but for now it is a steep learning curve for me. I expected more from Panasonic, this Silkypix program actually and truly SUCKS! (about the best expression I could use in mixed company that fits the bill!)
Comment Comments (20) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2014 7:16 PM PDT

Cloud Atlas
Cloud Atlas
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT But is hard to follow, September 14, 2013
This review is from: Cloud Atlas (Amazon Instant Video)
Okay..it took me nearly two hours to get the hang of what was happening. And yes, I am going to buy the dvd and watch over and over till I understand all (rather like Matrix). In a nutshell...we are all connected, and the past/future and present are all connected. What we have done in the past influences the now, that will predict the future.

Once I understood that, it all made sense. But I do need to watch again to get all the nuances. This is a thinking film, like Matrix. Not a shoot them up and walk away. This will stay w you.

ZuGadgets Off White Stylish Ostrich Pattern Premium PU Leather Camera Case Cover for Nikon1 J2 with Shoulder Belt (7990-3)

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT AT ALL LIKE PHOTO, September 14, 2013
This looks like ostrich type leather...what I got was plain very white 'leather'??? NOT PLEASED. I am not going to send back to China as shipping is too much but BEWARE, the item you get is NOT like the photo. It was awful!

Roku 2 XD Streaming Player 1080p
Roku 2 XD Streaming Player 1080p
Offered by Click and Save
Price: $104.99
27 used & new from $43.96

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY WORTH EVERY PENNY, September 14, 2013
Yes, it's true, you do need a credit/debit card but I think you can also link via checking acct if you don't have a credit card. I gave a number of an acct I rarely use, and has a little amt in it (debit card). I don't intend to order anything from Roku.

This was for my tv upstairs. It did not include a toggle like my large tv downstairs. I cut cable almost 2 years ago, use Amazon Prime and not yet netflix etc. But this only took 30 minutes to set up (that is because I needed to go downstairs to use the computer to type in the Roku code and also to find my amazon prime password etc..otherwise REALLY REALLY easy to set up. ) I can now get amazon/netflix/youtube etc on my tv. GREAT quality...I spent the $10 more to get the 1080 receiver. No buffering (my smart tv downstairs w the toggle keeps buffering!!!). So eventualy I might get another for downstairs.

Love it.