Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Summer Twins All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amazon Gift Card Offer jrscwrld jrscwrld jrscwrld  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing STEM Toys & Games
Profile for Candy Apples > Reviews

Candy Apples' Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Candy Apples RSS Feed

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic Milk Straws are a really fun treat!, February 19, 2012
I don't think theses make milk taste like chocolate milk. It's more of a malty chocolate flavor. But, I'm not complaining. This is more of a novelty thing in my opinion, and it does it's job. For those wondering how these work (I was before I got them) the straw is filled with tiny chocolate balls and then it is pinched at both ends. There are slits so the milk can pass through. You don't do anything but pour a glass of milk, or other drink I suppose, and add the straw. Your lips need to be past the pinched section (I had to cut one straw so my 3 year old's mouth fit). These would be perfect to carry in your bag or to put in a lunch box.They don't melt until a liquid passes through them.

Facial Hair Remover Threading Beauty Tool (Set of Two)
Facial Hair Remover Threading Beauty Tool (Set of Two)
Price: $12.99
2 used & new from $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect set for a beginner., February 19, 2012
I had never used the whole spring thing before these. I have used regular razors, electric razors, tweezers, depilatory creams, wax and an epilator. In my experience, these don't hurt any more than other methods where ripping hair out of your skin/flesh is involved. On the plus side, you can get a group of hairs at once- as opposed to tweezing- so it's a group hurt and not a lot of little hurts... for me that makes it seem less painful. It only took me about 5 minutes to figure out how this works. Just bend, twist and move it up and down on your cheek for a minute... you'll know when it works, then you can move to whatever area you need and you will know how to hold it. I suggested the cheek because I have a bunch of fine little hairs on my cheek near my jawline (luckily they are blonde!) and it's a good angle to learn to hold this tool at so after a minute of swirling and moving it was easy to tell when it worked. This is not really made for precision plucking (like eyebrows) I'd consider you pretty brave if you tried to shape your brows with this. I do have fine blonde hairs between my eyebrows and this worked perfectly there, I usually don't tweeze them, you can't see them unless you try, but I figured since I have these springs I'd give it a try. I tried it on my legs, because I was bored, but couldn't seem to get a good enough angle to really get going with it. I'd recommend this set to anyone who wants to give these a try without breaking the bank. You get two for less than the price of one (of some other brands).

Pure Fun Kids Jumper Trampoline
Pure Fun Kids Jumper Trampoline
Price: $49.99
20 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Single Moms, you need to call a (strong) friend!, February 16, 2012
I have a very active 3 year old boy who loves to jump. We have a full sized trampoline, but it's getting too cold for him to go outside and play on it. So... he jumps on my bed, which drives me crazy because it means I have to lift my mattress to fix the boards that have fallen more often than I'd like. Somehow I stumbled on indoor trampolines and settled on this one.
It took about 30 minutes to get it together. Take your time and read the directions first, then lay out your supplies AND make sure you have an extra pair of (strong) adult hands to help. I could not have done this alone. I could do everything but getting the handle on. You will need someone to help hold and pull or you will bend your screws. You will go insane if you try to do it alone, just a warning.
Once it was together my son started jumping immediately. He was flipping over the handle and all this crazy stuff we didn't even know he could do! I put the trampoline next to a wall with the handle facing out. When he gets to jumping the trampoline does lift off of the ground. With it next to the wall, the wall kind of stabilizes it. It still lifts, but I'm not worried about it flipping over on him.
My son is 3 and weighs about 30 pounds. Over a month in we have had no issues and the bounce is still great with daily use.
I'd buy this again in a heartbeat!

Pocoyo And Friends Swiggle Traks Feature Track With Bridge
Pocoyo And Friends Swiggle Traks Feature Track With Bridge
Offered by starworldtoys
Price: $44.99
5 used & new from $41.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it so much we bought 2!, February 16, 2012
My son loves Pocoyo so when I saw a commercial for this on late night TV I wanted to get it for him so bad! I found it here for cheaper than the commercial but decided to wait to buy it for him for a New Year gift. I was a lucky duck and the price dropped down to $15 when I was ready to buy. When my 3 year old opened the box and saw this toy he flipped! He played with it non stop for at least an hour. It was fun as is, but I thought because he is bigger that maybe having two tracks would be more fun (so we could hook them together). I came back to Amazon and the price was even lower ($12) so I grabbed another one. SO worth it! I basically got 2 sets for what I was going to pay for 1!
The tracks click together, easy enough for a 3 year old to do. The car is loud, like every other toy we own with a speaker, we just put a piece of clear packing tape over the speaker- easy fix! There are a few ways to play with this toy, build a regular track with the wiggle bridge (which only works on a hard smooth surface-no carpet), you can hook the tracks in a loop and let the car go- almost like a hamster in a wheel, you can also make smaller tracks with a lean/tilt- it's a little tricky and my 3 year old can't do it so I do it for him. This toy also comes with a little ball. I thought it was kind of random, but I put it on the track and my son thought it was the funniest thing when the car pushed the ball along.
We could not be happier with this toy. If your child loves Pocoyo, chances are high they'll like this toy even if they are a little older. I think this toy is ideal for ages 18-24months.

Doo-Wops & Hooligans
Doo-Wops & Hooligans
13 used & new from $0.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for the live tracks, February 10, 2012
This review is from: Doo-Wops & Hooligans (Audio CD)
I was surprised how much I like Bruno Mars. It's cute. Not exactly my thing when it comes to music, but something more than his incredible voice brings me back to it.
After 2 days of steady streaming his videos online I decided that the kid deserved my money. I was going to get the regular album, but saw this one for only $5 more (at the time) and this version has 6 bonus tracks, which is less than a buck a song. Plus, I love his voice live, which 3 of the bonus tracks are. I'm glad I spent a little more. If you don't care about the live stuff I'd stick to the regular album, unless you're a Bruno die hard...