Profile for Colleen > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 81

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Colleen RSS Feed (TX, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Eat This Lose That!
Eat This Lose That!
by Dr. Kota Reddy

5.0 out of 5 stars Book not read, BUT, have had his food - Excellent!!! And gf / GLUTEN FREE!!!!, May 6, 2015
This review is from: Eat This Lose That! (Paperback)
I have NOT read the book, BUT, I eat the ?bread?
Let me explain...I go to an Indian grocery store about once every other week, I often try stuff that I see & I've been GF/Gluten Free for the last several yrs. - YAY, lost weight, feeling better, etc.
The other night I was in there, trying some new things, got some biryani & tikka masala (yum!) & the guy said to try these things to eat w/my dinner. Said I have to have gf stuff, there it was right on the outside "Dr Reddy's Flat Bread". I saw the gf symbol - it went home with me. I thought it would be good, but it was better than I thought. I found that the way they make this, it looks a lot like a tortilla, but, the really cool thing is that it can be used like a tortilla but, on one side looks kinda like a slit in the flat bread...really cool that they cook it w/a slit on one side, so you can use it like a tortilla OR...cut it in half where the slit is, then it's almost like a pocket bread & you pour whatever food you have inside the slit. So you basically have 2 half round pockets - excellent!! Much easier than a tortilla!!

I can't speak for the book - yet - but those flat bread thingies are awesome...& gf!!!!! Yay!!

Old Wisconsin Bite Size Deli Sticks, Turkey, 28-Ounce
Old Wisconsin Bite Size Deli Sticks, Turkey, 28-Ounce
Price: $15.51
2 used & new from $15.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Turkey, good taste, no icky taste - yay, & good $ / Awesome!!, April 27, 2015
I just bought a bag - wow, turkey & no "bad stuff for you" yay!! No gluten, no sugar ;-) & protein great! Good flavor, mighty handy to munch on (maybe too handy - ah well).
I immediately came out here to get a bigger bag at a better $, & voila, it's here - oh boy!!

Woodstock Revisited
Woodstock Revisited
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars almost feels like woodstock... ;-), April 18, 2015
This review is from: Woodstock Revisited (MP3 Music)
Groovy man...lovin it

Trader Joe's Gluten Free Brownie Baking Mix 16-oz
Trader Joe's Gluten Free Brownie Baking Mix 16-oz

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME GF Brownies...so good!! Enjoy!, April 12, 2015
Wow, this stuff is awesome (& way cheaper at TJ's). Don't like their instructions...makes them way too chewy & hard. Here's my take on them & makes them perfect & luscious & wonderful....ETC!
Their recipe (on the bag) is "add 1 egg, 1/2 cup butter, & 1/4 cup water". I followed directions the 1st time & coulda beat someone to death w/what was in the pan - smelled & tasted good, but you coulda beat someone to death with it, & it was chewy in the extreme.

So sad, so I played around w/the recipe & found that this combo worked well for me - I like it softer, w/nuts & a touch more sweet. Here's my version - I change all of the above to - use mix, then add 2 eggs, 1/2 cup butter (like Kerrygold - oh my!), 3/8 cup water, add nuts to taste (I love pecan), and 1 teaspoon Vietnamese cinnamon (the sweetest cinnamon naturally).

After that I follow the directions as to mixing & etc.
I do love my Vietnamese cinnamon from Penzeys...so sweet naturally, great in cold weather concoctions too.
Enjoy!

Lotus Foods More Crop per Drop Rice Bowl, Volcano, 7.4 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Lotus Foods More Crop per Drop Rice Bowl, Volcano, 7.4 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Price: $19.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Lotus Foods has ruined me for any other rices <sigh> ;-) It's just SSOOOOOO good!, April 12, 2015
While I have not had this size of Volcano rice, I found the ?26 pound bag a while back....OMG I was in heaven. The flavor, texture, the fact that you HAVE to cook it w/less water (due to the fact that it's grown on the sides of mountains) Most rice is 1:1 ratio, 1 cup rice to 1 cup water. But I've found that cooking this rice (especially in non pre-packaged thingies) is a necessity, or it will get mushy.

Try just the Volcano rice by itself, add no flavors or fillers...tell me if that's not just the most wonderful rice taste you ever had! I don't think I'll ever go back to regular rice after this....Lotus Foods has ruined me for any other rices <sigh> ;-)

Scrambled Definitions - Daily Word Game with Meaning
Scrambled Definitions - Daily Word Game with Meaning
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT! & I'm HOOKED!!, March 26, 2015
LOVE IT! I am a 'word' gal. Love all of the plays on words, etc. So a game like this is heaven, especially for a short time between meetings, etc. A friend loves "Candy Crack", but I gotta have a bit more substance than just grouping 3 items over & over.
Ok guys, I'm HOOKED!!
Can we get more than 1 a day <please, please, pretty please?>

Thorne Research Zinc Picolinate [Double Strength] (30mg), 180 Vegetarian Capsules (FFP)

5.0 out of 5 stars New to zinc, but have loved Thorne & Metagenics since 2001! Fantastic company's, March 24, 2015
Although I've just bought this product, I have been using Thorne products since 2001 w/a bad health scare. I found that there products work, EVERY TIME. Other products may say they have the goods, but, in general, they just don't.
During my health scare I found that there are 2 brands I can count on; Thorne & Metagenics. Remember those 2 names as they ARE GREAT!

Life Extension - Super Selenium Complex & Vitamin E - 200 Mcg - 100 Vcaps (200 VCAPS)
Offered by East Coast Vitamin's
Price: $17.25
2 used & new from $17.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product., March 19, 2015
Excellent product. Due to the fact that it's mcg / micrograms as opposed to larger quantities, it makes great changes without going overboard. Part of the reason these small changes make a huge difference, is that they are impacting multiple systems, but their primary support is to the thyroid system.
If you don't think tiny bits can change a LOT, eventually. Think about the fact that the Titanic was off track by the tiniest bit - broad analogy I know, but it does paint a picture.

Will be buying more...

Tracker (Deluxe)
Tracker (Deluxe)
Price: $12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Mark Knopfler's style is evocative of so many emotions, feelings, longings, joys & sorrows intertwined..., March 17, 2015
This review is from: Tracker (Deluxe) (MP3 Music)
Mark Knopfler...what can you say about a guy that makes music like this? <shaking head> I can do naught but listen, listen long, listen with tears, with sorrow (that I can't make music like that), with joy-that I CAN hear music like that, & that I've listened to his music since about '79 - when Communique knocked me flat.
He has such a lovely combo of the Irish/Welsh fey sound, rollicking with Sultans of Swing & the depth / angst / deep pain of Brothers in Arms. I MUST watch Local Hero every few yrs; see my dysfunctional hometown of Houston juxtaposed against the comfort of the little town in the movie, along with the 'growing feyness' of the owner of the company <laughing>. The joy of the ceilidh in that little town, and the wonderfully 'off' characters there.
I know it's a place I love to visit every so often, kinda wished I lived there when feeling out of sorts... A fabulous group of characters.

Mark Knopfler's style is evocative of so many emotions, feelings, longings, joys & sorrows intertwined. Makes me want to get out my bottle of 1981 St Magdalene's Lowland single malt Scotch, and share with friends.

Bolthouse Farms Extra Virgin Olive Oil Vinaigrette Raspberry Merlot Flavor
Bolthouse Farms Extra Virgin Olive Oil Vinaigrette Raspberry Merlot Flavor

5.0 out of 5 stars THE MOST fantastic taste (in salad dressing) in the World!!!, March 15, 2015
My absolute favorite dressing, if only Amazon would carry it....sooon

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9