Profile for Gray > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gray RSS Feed

Plan Toys Acc. For Kitchen & Tableware
Plan Toys Acc. For Kitchen & Tableware
Price: $14.95
20 used & new from $13.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice set of accessories for your wooden dollhouse kitchen, February 15, 2015
Very nice set of accessories for your wooden dollhouse kitchen. These are crude in design and should hold up relatively well in little hands and mouths.

Plan Toy Doll House Kitchen - Neo Style
Plan Toy Doll House Kitchen - Neo Style
Price: $19.99
32 used & new from $14.50

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this line of doll house furnishings by Plan Toy, February 15, 2015
I love this line of doll house furnishings by Plan Toy. They are a bit crude in finish and design, but you don't want little kids playing with finely made toys which cost a fortune and will get destroyed. The only problem we had with this set was that the fridge is too tall to fit in the kitchen of our Hape Happy Family dollhouse. (I guess that hubby will have to chop off the bottom for me and shorten it so it will fit.)

Hape Happy Family Poseable Wooden Daughter Play Doll
Hape Happy Family Poseable Wooden Daughter Play Doll
12 used & new from $7.61

5.0 out of 5 stars ... big sister and big brother to round out your Happy Family. They are just too cute, February 15, 2015
And don't forget the big sister and big brother to round out your Happy Family. They are just too cute!

Hape Happy Family Poseable Wooden Grandfather Play Doll
Hape Happy Family Poseable Wooden Grandfather Play Doll
8 used & new from $7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect to complete your Hape Happy Family, February 15, 2015
A classy guy who helps grandma dance away the day! Perfect to complete your Hape Happy Family!

Hape Happy Family Poseable Wooden Grandmother Play Doll
Hape Happy Family Poseable Wooden Grandmother Play Doll
6 used & new from $7.61

5.0 out of 5 stars These folks seem much more sturdy than the other wooden doll family pieces that have ..., February 15, 2015
Grandma rocks in the Hape dollhouse we just purchased from Barnes & Noble for 50US on clearance. The bendable limbs add so much playability! I ordered the son and older daughter as well as the grandparents to complete the family. These folks seem much more sturdy than the other wooden doll family pieces that have real clothing, which will not last long around my granddaughter, who loves to chew things into little pieces. The painted wooden bodies of this family should last much longer.

Lego Architecture Marina Bay Sands (R) 21021 (japan import)
Lego Architecture Marina Bay Sands (R) 21021 (japan import)
Offered by MasterToyList
Price: $644.46
13 used & new from $625.00

4.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed building this set because of its unique design, February 15, 2015
I really enjoyed building this set because of its unique design, and I had driven by the building in Singapore. The problem is that LEGO made so few of them and only released the set in a few Asian cities. If you need it for your collection, try BrickLink, which offers much lower prices. It is worth owning if you have seen the original building or are a completist.

Jesse Stone: Stone Cold
Jesse Stone: Stone Cold
4 used & new from $550.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly soothing score!, August 25, 2012
This review is from: Jesse Stone: Stone Cold (Audio CD)
Jeff Beal has produced an extraordinary score for the Jesse Stone video series. In this day of bombastic blockbusters that leave everyone shaking in their shoes, it is wonderful to hear a soothing set of gentle tunes that help you relax and enjoy your surroundings.

And he replied instantly to my email, so give it a try. (This will not be released as an MP3 according to the composer.)

Beal is a fantastic composer...Pollock, Rome, Carnivale, Appaloosa, and Monk are some of my other favorite scores from his output. Enjoy!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 23, 2014 8:12 PM PST

White Flour
White Flour
by David LaMotte
Price: $13.60
5 used & new from $13.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! This book just blew us away!, July 4, 2012
This review is from: White Flour (Hardcover)
This book is a stunner! The story is amazing....definitely worth reading and passing on to everyone you know.
The illustrations are exceptionally well done and tell the story perfectly.
Congrats to the author David LaMotte and the illustrator Jenn Hales. May they do many more books on subjects such as bullying, racism, dishonesty and other hot topics.
My husband and adult children also were astonished at how clearly this delightful book tells a serious story....that needs to be heard everywhere.

The Lego Book
The Lego Book
by Daniel Lipkowitz
Price: $8.71
107 used & new from $0.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Photography and details will blow your mind if you are a Lego fan!, November 7, 2009
This review is from: The Lego Book (Hardcover)
I began collecting Lego for me about 6 months ago...not many moms have this hobby, but it is a blast. After 15+ years of picking up and sorting the %&**&^%$%^& things, I decided to collect some girlie ones for me....gorgeous pastel ladies who could live in gorgeous pastel houses except when they are under attack by my husband's mean old trolls.
It took about 6 months of reading geeky product listings on [...] to figure out who is who and to whom they are related. Wish I had had the Standing Small minifigure book back then because it is just what I needed to identify and buy the female minifigs and house parts.
The photography of the minifigs is out of this world; we tried taking photos of some of our minifigs, and it is extremely difficult to capture the quality of detail in this book. Also I now know which ladies came in which set, and which guys' bodies would be great for sex changes into lovely ladies. May the fun begin!
The limited text (the pages are mostly filled with photos of Lego) explains how Lego developed in a chronological sequence that brings back happy memories of buying them 18 years ago for my then 3 year old son. The authors did a beautiful job of documenting the introduction of each set and type of Lego.
If you enjoy playing and collecting Lego as an adult, a child or an in between, these two books are a blessing.
For building ideas, read the above reviews as there are other sources more suited for building things not in the Lego sets. Our favorite is Brick Journal, which highlights many incredible creations each issue.
This two-book set is a masterpiece of fine art and history and a very entertaining read. I could not put it down last night when my husband pulled it out of his car as a gift for me.