Profile for my2cents > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 45

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

my2cents "my2cents" RSS Feed (florida)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Hand & Nail Harmony Gelish Nail Prep pH Bond - 0.5 oz
Hand & Nail Harmony Gelish Nail Prep pH Bond - 0.5 oz
Offered by Cosmetics Central
Price: $4.98
26 used & new from $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Did nothing., May 16, 2014
So frustrating. I took my time, thought I did everything correctly and my polish still peeled right off. I swear my nails are made of Teflon. I roughed them up a little. (not too much because they split, chip and peel all the time so I wanted to be a little gentle) I wiped with alcohol, then brushed on this Nail Prep pH bond being careful not to touch my nails with my fingers at all after this step. I used the base coat, polish and top coat as instructed using the led light as instructed in between each step. They looked great when I wiped them off. Very happy. I no sooner got out of the house to go out to dinner for mothers day and before I got out of the car, one was already peeling. Such a disappointment and a waste of time. At least it wasn't much money but I won't purchase again.

Vegan Beans from Around the World: 100 Adventurous Recipes for the Most Delicious, Nutritious, and Flavorful Bean Dishes Ever
by Kelsey Kinser
Price: $11.05
61 used & new from $7.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Vegans and Foodies rejoice!, March 28, 2014
I received this book as a gift and I am LOVING it! In addition to it being chalk full of fantastic healthy recipes, I love the way it's written. The beginning has very informative quick and to the point tips and reasons why beans are so great for our diets. Tips include prepping, soaking, substitutions, and pros and cons of dry vs canned. I love lentils and this book has several different ways of cooking them, not just lentil soups but loaves, patties, pilaf etc. I also love that the author has incorporated many other healthy ingredients like flax and coconut milk into the recipes.

By incorporating beans into other familiar dishes, this book helps to show how you can make your favorites more healthy without sacrificing taste. For instance: if you're trying to avoid GMO laden corn chips, there's a recipe for Chickpea Chips. If you'd like to satisfy a sweet tooth with more protein and less fat, there's a great recipe for brownies made with black beans. If you want to reduce your consumption of red meat, there are recipes for Italian meatballs made with cannellini beans and black bean burgers or a "meatloaf" among others.

I also like that the book is written in a friendly, easygoing and uncomplicated way that's a joy to read and easy to follow. It projects a sense of appreciation that we all have different tastes and has flexible alternatives to fit your lifestyle so you can prepare the recipes your way or follow it verbatim. There are quick conversions in the back as well, just before the index.

I'd like to thank the author for putting together such a well thought out book and my friend for gifting it to me. I'm sure I'll get a lot of use. I highly recommend it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2014 8:17 PM PDT

Desigual Women's Sole Short Sleeves Dress
Desigual Women's Sole Short Sleeves Dress

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice dress, February 3, 2014
As usual, I always order a size larger with Desigual and this was no different. Barcelona women are just smaller than we are I guess. As long as you go up a size, their items will usually fit pretty nice. A couple things that you may not be able to see from the item picture and description are as follows:

It's lined.... nice because it's made from a thin t-shirt type material (you know the kind you can see though a little)

The white background is an off white with little nubs of color all over, like confetti but not really noticeable unless up close.

I had thought it was only white, red and black, but there is a little bit of plum and navy in the petals and grey in some of the scribbles.

It looks like a wrap around dress but the bottom it attached so it won't fly open, nice again.

The belt is removable if you want to trim off the thin ribbon loops, I think you can. I think it looks better without but I can always still wear it without the loops but I think it cuts me off. I'd rather look taller and leaner without it.

I'm 5'6" and it definitely comes above the knee but it's not super short like some of their dresses are. I usually have to treat their dresses like a tunic and wear over leggings.

All in all a nice dress for a great price. (I paid under $40) I love their style but they're usually a bit pricey so this was a great find.

Trusted Nutrients Garcinia Cambogia Extract All Natural Appetite Suppressant and Fat Burner
Offered by Trusted Nutrients
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're ready to get serious about losing weight try this, February 2, 2014
I have been using this for a few months now and lost around 15~16 pounds. It's not coming off as fast as I'd like, but it is definitely coming off and I strongly believe it's because of this diet aid. I generally take two capsules with a tall glass of water about a 1/2 to 1 hour before I plan on eating. Sometimes I'll only take one capsule if I know I'm going to eat something light like a salad. I'm usually hungry when I take the dosage but by the time I eat, I'm not. I'm sure it has helped me curb my appetite because if I'm busy, sometimes I get sidetracked and find that a couple hours have passed since I took the dosage. At first I was upset because I thought I had wasted the nutrients by not eating in the desired timeframe but I still have lost weight. It's not a miracle pill that you can take and continue to sit around and eat bon bons or eat more because you think the pill will compensate for it. Although I'd love to find a magic pill that would allow me to do that, let's face it, it doesn't exist. What it has done is helped me while I also paid attention to what I ate and exercised. I have tried to change my habits in the past without this aid and have not lost any more than a pound or two so I truly feel it works for me. I haven't drastically changed anything but I do pay attention and try to live a healthy lifestyle as I have even before starting this supplement. I'd like to loose another 10~15 pounds to get to my ideal weight but I do feel much better already. I get absolutely no side effects from this which is why I've been able to stay on it for a few months.

I also am very impressed with the customer service provided by Trusted Nutrients. I bought this type of product from another company before buying from TN but I have found this company goes beyond the typical non-service we have become accustomed to. You may get an email or a phone call from them after your purchase to see how things are going and if you have any questions. I welcomed the help and advice from the nutritionists they provide. Thank you Trusted Nutrients for your continued support. Please don't ever change the way to do business. It's such a welcomed departure from the norm.

Manual Climaweave Indoor/Outdoor Decorative Throw Pillow, 24 X 18-Inch, Flocked Together
Price: $24.05
13 used & new from $21.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice splash of color, January 17, 2014
I really like these pillows. They look great on my lanai. The colors look exactly what it did on my computer screen. Artwork for my chaise lounges. I had already had a smaller one for a chair that I bought in a boutique and hate to admit that I paid more for that smaller one than these larger matching ones. The fabric is not the softest but I believe it's because they are meant to last outdoors. I have had other pillows that fade quickly,even in the shade, so I'm hoping I get a little more time out of these. So far, so good.

Crocs Women's Lano Loafer,Espresso/Watermelon,11 M US
Crocs Women's Lano Loafer,Espresso/Watermelon,11 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Mom really liked them, January 1, 2014
My mother had problems with her feet and ankles swelling therefore had a really hard time finding shoes that fit and were comfortable. These did the trick. They provided all the comfort of what you expect from Crocs without them looking too duck like. Very lightweight too.

Clarks Women's Canary Flight Thong Sandal,Turquoise Patent,10 M US
Clarks Women's Canary Flight Thong Sandal,Turquoise Patent,10 M US
Offered by RS Shoes

1.0 out of 5 stars Clarks, what happened?, January 1, 2014
Generally there are no worries when it comes to Clarks footwear. I don't know what went wrong with this one. These were the most uncomfortable sandals I ever tried on. they were very stiff on the toe post and straps. Sad. I thought they were cute looking in the photo but in real life they looked very cheap and plastic-y. They had to go back.

Olivia Harris 21211 Satchel,Stone,One Size
Olivia Harris 21211 Satchel,Stone,One Size

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough structure, January 1, 2014
This bag was really cool looking. Love the design. The leather was super soft and the texture was unique. But as soon as you put things in it, it took on a weird shape. I got the bag hoping to fit my camera inside, which it did fit, no problem, but it was going to stretch out the bag and put a lot of strain on the straps if I attempted to use it for that purpose. If you're the kind of person that doesn't carry much but likes to carry a really large bag, then this would work out for you. Still wouldn't know what to do about it loosing its' shape though. I just think, large bag equals carrying lots of stuff or I'd choose a small one.

Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW Electric Sewing Machine - 50 Built-In Stitches - Automatic Threading
Price: $129.99
45 used & new from $122.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Amazing machine, January 1, 2014
I have always been a Singer girl but the last Singer I bought kept jamming and skipping and I always had to look up how to thread it. I've been sewing for decades and if you stick with one brand, I would think I shouldn't have to keep going over a simple thing like threading the machine. As soon as I plugged this in the threading was so simple to do without having to reference. Smooth operations, lots of extra stitches. Just all in all a really great machine. Very happy with my purchase.

Leather Honey Leather Conditioner, the Best Leather Conditioner Since 1968, 8 Oz Bottle
Offered by Leather Honey Leather Conditioner
Price: $17.95
3 used & new from $15.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Taste great, January 1, 2014
Why 3 stars you ask then? Sorry, I shouldn't do this because it's not because of the actual product. It's because it's nearly doubled in price overnight... from all the suppliers. I understand things go up in price, but this went from $10 and some change to $18 and more change. I won't be buying it again unless the price comes back down to a more reasonable price point. Then I'll give it the 5 stars it probably deserves.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5