Profile for Ipo Ahi O Ka Mele > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ipo Ahi O Ka Mele RSS Feed (Lawai, HI USA)

CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra GUA890 Desktop (Black/Blue)
CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra GUA890 Desktop (Black/Blue)
Price: $519.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent bang for your buck!, June 28, 2013
I just got this unit in today and after I downloaded "Start Menu 8" a free download from cnet.com that adds a start button to the Win8 desktop I was up and running. No problems so far but then again I knew exactly what I was buying . . . a budget "gaming" rig. I put that in parenthesis because let's be honest, a true gaming rig does not come with a 350W PSU or a $30.00 gfx card. So knowing that I had on hand some decent replacement parts that I did not hesitate to install upon arrival(EVGA SUPERNOVA NEX750B PSU and an EVGA GEFORCE GTX 560 SE gfx card). With these installed I am good to go, every game(Mainly playing Guildwars 2) and piece of software I have thrown at this beast it has handled with ease. No need to spend thousands on a high end gaming rig to get a decent rig. So far I can highly recommend this unit and as an added plus the case is pretty cool looking with a side lit up fan and a front panel lit up fan. It is also black and orange(I thought it looked like yellow in the picture, orange is much better) Overall I am highly satisfied!

The Clarke Tin Whistle: Deluxe Edition (Book & CD)
The Clarke Tin Whistle: Deluxe Edition (Book & CD)
by Bill Ochs
Price: $15.40
49 used & new from $9.44

4.0 out of 5 stars So very Helpful, December 31, 2012
I bought this to go with the two whistles I received for Christmas this year. What a blessing. It has helped refresh my memory concerning note reading and helped immensely with using the whistle on tunes I love(That's an Irish Lullaby, Amazing Grace, The Parting Glass, etc . . .) Great purchase and well worth the money. The CD is helpful and the book includes 10 lessons covering everything from how to place your fingers to playing the complete scale and with plenty of music included to help you along. Highly recommend this for anyone who wants to learn how to play!

Clarke Celtic Tin Whistle - D
Clarke Celtic Tin Whistle - D
Offered by Instrumentpro
Price: $11.35
14 used & new from $6.15

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect beginning Whistle, December 31, 2012
Aloha from Kaua'i!
I just received this whistle and one other for Christmas this year and am in musical heaven! I have always wanted one of these instruments. This one with it's plastic Fipple tends to be fairly loud and easy to play making it ideal as a first tin whistle(You don't have to blow quite as hard as with a wooden fipple). I do fell that this lacks the warmth that the wooden fipple whistle has, but that is more of a personal choice. I do highly recommend this one for anyone interested in playing the Tin Whistle! It is very hard to put down! :) Mahalo nui loa Clarke!

CLARKE PENNYWHISTLE-BOXED D
CLARKE PENNYWHISTLE-BOXED D
Offered by 1to1music_shop
Price: $7.95
16 used & new from $7.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely tone, December 31, 2012
Ok to be honest I just got this and one other whistle for Christmas this year and they are my very first. That alone is why I gave it only 4 stars. Meaning, due to my lack of expertise I felt I was not qualified to give it an all-out 5 stars. That being said, I love the warmth of the tone I get from this whistle with it's wooden Fipple(I think I got that right) over the plastic fipple on my other whistle. You do have to blow a little harder to hit the higher notes but to me at least it seams to have more of a personality given by I believe the use of wood. Highly recommend this for a beginner, like myself. I am amazed at how quick the note reading is coming back after years of playing guitar and ukulele chorded music. This will be a welcome addition to my music and a easily portable travel companion!

Christmas on the Border
Christmas on the Border
19 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Instant Favorite!, December 2, 2012
This review is from: Christmas on the Border (Audio CD)
As a musician I really appreciate different genre's takes on Christmas classics. This Cd with it's Texas Blues/New Orleans/Mexican/Rock sound is a great Cd and a must have for any music fan's collection. I love all of the tracks, speaking of which the listed track here on Amazon are incorrect. The copy I have has 10 Tracks and are in the order listed below(Found this out while ripping the tracks to my computer for use on my MP3 player):

1 - Come All Ye Faithful
7 - Up On The Housetop
8 - O Holy Night
9 - I Wonder as I Wander
10 - What Child Is This

Track 2 is my favorite of the tracks but all are very good.
I hope this helps you!

Mele Kalikimaka from Kaua'i!

Revenge of the Lady Warrior+Queen Boxer"[Slim Case]Martial Arts"[Double Feature]
DVD ~ Nora Kao Loa-Ling Chia-Kwan Yeung
9 used & new from $19.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally a DVD of an old favorite!, February 14, 2012
Ok so these both are not the best Kung Fu movies ever created. That said Revenge of the Lady Warrior (Alias "Against The Drunken Cat Paws, I think that title is a better/more entertaining one)is one of my all-time favorites. Partly because of Nora Kao Loa's acting and partly because it is a funny movie. Drunken women fighting, kid fighting a midget, all of that and a typical revenge plot that is very easy to watch. I used to have this title under the Drunken Cat Paws Title on VHS and wish I had never gotten rid of it. Brings back a lot of memories of watching this and other Kung Fu "Classics" with my kids on Saturdays (USA Kung Fu Theater).
The second movie is not as good as the first, acting is not as good, action is average, and the picture quality is not as good(Seems a little out of focus). Both movies look like they were VHS originals copied into digital format.
Truthfully I only bought this for the first movie and based on that alone I would recommend this DVD. Movies like this should be what they should be thinking of remaking instead of TV shows made into movies (Dukes of Hazard, Beverly Hillbillys, etc, etc).

Loved it!

Jesus Loves Me And My Tattoos Christian Bumper Sticker
Jesus Loves Me And My Tattoos Christian Bumper Sticker
Offered by StickerPirate
Price: $2.35
3 used & new from $2.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Message!, February 6, 2012
Aloha Kakou!
I bought this for my new Jeep's bumper. I love the message it has and wanted to promote my faith in Christ and God almighty. Shipped without a hitch. My only negative comment, and the reason I only gave it 4 stars is because it is not a traditional bumper sticker. Each individual letter is a sticker. This made installing it on my rear bumper a pain and I have little faith it will stay on for very long(the L in love is already coming off). Probably would be better suited for a window installation and my Jeep being a soft top, there's no room for that type of sticker.

Pirates Constructible Strategy Tin Card Game
Pirates Constructible Strategy Tin Card Game

4.0 out of 5 stars Avast me Hearties!, December 31, 2005
Grab your cutlass and prime the cannons it's family game night!

My wife bought this for me as a joke (LOL) to put in my stocking for Christmas. After opening it and reading the game instructions it sounded like fun. So my 13 yr old son and I sat down to play. It is a lot of fun. Mostly a strategy game, where he/she with the most booty wins.

This tin is a steal. You get 4 packs, which sell at the local toy store for about $4.99 each. You do the math.

If you like pirates (and who doesn't), and you want to spend time with your child away from video games (I do like them too) . . . GET THIS TIN. Half the fun is putting them together, then it's time to hoist the mainsail and off to treasure island or some cannon fire against those other scurvies!

I do not recommend this game for younger children beacuse of the small pieces and the ships are kind of fragile (Not too though).

Take it from an old salt, swab those decks, weigh your anchor, hoist your sails and make way for some fun!

Aaaaaarrrggghh!

Gamera Limited Edition Box Set
Gamera Limited Edition Box Set
DVD ~ Akira Kubo
11 used & new from $60.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Gamera's back and Kickin' Butt!, September 13, 2005
It had been a really long time since I had seen a Gamera movie. Couldn't even tell you what the title of the last one I saw was.

This collection is awesome. Much better than the older versions. Of course technology has advanced, but I thought the story lines were pretty good and the newer Gamera is much more "viscous" looking.

All-in-all a great buy. What a way for me to introduce Gamera to my children! Loved it, would recommend it to anyone.

Go turtle power!