ARRAY(0x96e6e33c)

Top Reviewer Ranking: 66

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Yarii RSS Feed (North of Greentucky)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Top Quality Velvet Clothes Hangers - Very Strong, Slim, Space-Saving, Non-Slip Closet & Coat Hangers - Luxuriously Flocked, No Slip, Thin, Notched, Space Saver 'Love Hangers®' for Skirts, Scarves - Unique & Unusual For Her, Women - Multiple, Bulk Sets of 10 - 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE (Purple Orchid)
Offered by Living Concept
Price: $59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Joy Mangano's Huggable Hangers®, April 15, 2014
I used to purchase Huggable Hangers® but over the years the quality got worse to where they easily broke. These Love Hangers are better constructed and more durable - I tried to bend one, but it wouldn't snap in two.

Besides the soft "velvet" texture to keep straps from slipping off, there is also a ½" wide by 5/16" indentation to help keep spaghetti-strap clothing on the hanger. I was a little afraid to hang a wet white shirt on the purple hanger to dry (afraid the purple dye would "run") but that never happened. ~~~~sample received for review~~~~

Netgear AC750 -802.11AC Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Range Extender (EX6100)
Netgear AC750 -802.11AC Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Range Extender (EX6100)
Price: $89.86
28 used & new from $83.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, April 15, 2014
I have the dual-band Nighthawk. I also know enough about setting up networks to be dangerous. As long as you follow the instructions, it's not complicated, it took me under 15 minutes due to the router having a WPS button. Finding the optimal location for the extender took more time than anything else. This will work with both bands of the Nighthawk. I have the fastest DSL that AT&T offers in my area and the signal to the other end of my condo is strong, with no slowdown of internet speed.

However, my main use for this is somewhat odd. I live in a zero lot line community and my 90 year old neighbor wants nothing to do with computers, yet she occasionally wants to go online. Go figure. My Nighthawk is located as far as you can get from my neighbor who lives catty-corner from me, so this is used as a range extender. I have it plugged into a receptacle the closest to my neighbor's condo. It works as far as her patio with a strong 4 bars out of 5 signal with approximately 25% slowdown of internet speed, but taking this indoors to someone else's home is probably asking a bit much with all the walls the signal would pass through. So we sit outdoors and she uses my laptop. These are also smaller-sized homes and the distance between my Nighthawk and my neighbor's patio is probably less than 100 feet. Still, I'm very pleased with this item. ~~~~sample received for review~~~~

Sonaverse CRS USB Powered 2.0 Channel Stereo Speakers with Crystal Clear Acrylic Housing , Dual Drivers and Adjustable Volume Control for Laptop and Desktop Computers
Offered by AndrewsetPRO
Price: $24.99
3 used & new from $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Tiny, cute and sound good for their size and price, April 14, 2014
Length:: 0:36 Mins

I was impressed by the size and looks. Cute, tiny and with plenty of cord (around 4 feet). You need to plug these into a USB port and the headphone jack for them to work. Plus they come with a Velcro wire-tie to keep the cord under control. These fit easily in my netbook's case alongside my wireless mouse. They don't have much bass but they sound better than my netbook's speakers by a long shot. ~~~~sample received for review~~~~

Canon PowerShot ELPH140 IS Digital Camera (Red)
Canon PowerShot ELPH140 IS Digital Camera (Red)
Price: $129.00
11 used & new from $129.00

3.0 out of 5 stars If you have your heart set on a Canon, choose this over the Elph 135, April 14, 2014
Why? The Elph 140 has optical image stabilization, the Elph 135, around $10 cheaper, does not, so it will be hard to get a non-blurry shot with the Elph 135.

I purchased this camera locally only because I had a gift card I had to use. This was a present for a young relative of mine, but I took it for a "test drive" prior to gifting to make sure it worked right.

Wow, I can't believe how cheap Canon has become in the past 1-2 years. What is in the box? You get the camera, battery, battery charger and wrist strap; that's all. They are good enough to give you a genuine battery charger so you don't have to charge the battery inside the camera. That I like. But they don't provide a USB cable, so you can't connect the camera to your PC to download photos. Granted most computers now have the card readers built in, but if yours doesn't, you will need to buy a card reader. At least they don't cost much.

No instruction manual, you have to download it online. All you get with the camera is a small leaflet to get started.

They also don't provide a software CD. I used to love Canon's Zoom Browser software. Now you have to download it from their web site and they won't give it to you unless you provide them with the camera's serial number (which I understand why they need a serial number, but it's another way of being cheap, not providing the CD).

You will also need an SDHC card. I suggest Class 10 if you're making videos.

The LCD screen is smaller than most other cameras, only 2.7" diagonal, and somewhat hard to see in bright sunlight.

Some people just like the Canon name. That's why I say if you're dead-set on a Canon and you are looking for a basic no-frill camera, this is one. It's cheap enough you can toss it in a bag and if it gets broken, you're not out a lot of money. You won't get DSLR quality by any means. This isn't good in low light, the photos are grainy.

Now that my complaints are over, here's what I like:
Super-easy to use, with crisp, bright true-to-life colors (outdoors/indoors with flash-otherwise grainy photos).
Battery life is pretty good.
Small, but the buttons are easy to push without accidentally pushing the wrong one.
Zoom motor sounds strong.
Good 720p video.
Faster response time at capturing fast-moving pets and kids than previous cheap Canon models.

Personally, I would spend more and get something else.

SDHC Card: Transcend 8 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card (TS8GSDHC10E)
Card Reader/Adapter: Transcend Information USB 3.0 Card Reader (TS-RDF5K)

Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones
Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones
Offered by MP4NATION
Price: $129.50
3 used & new from $100.00

4.0 out of 5 stars When I thought Brainwavz couldn’t get any better re: sound quality….they did, April 14, 2014
I also have the Brainwavz Model S1 and those are awesome, the best audio quality I’d ever heard in an earphone….but then Brainwavz came along with the R3 model which has even better audio output than the S1. More volume than my ears can handle. Unfortunately the R3 ear phones aren’t as comfortable due to the wire placement which bothers me, and these are heavier than the S1’s. The wire may not irritate you, but I don’t like the feel of them.

Definitely anyone who appreciates quality sound would love these. No need to burn these in. I listened to some old CD’s by the Moody Blues and Pink Floyd….Nights in White Satin now sounds amazing, little sounds I’d never ever heard before listening through the R3’s. I felt immersed in the middle of a recording session, floating off into my own little world. Same with while listening to some Pink Floyd. (Groovy!)

I have small ear canals and it’s hard for me to find an earphone that will stay in my ear. There are plenty of tips to choose from with this set. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed in these unless you are like me and can’t stand the wire or the weight. You may like the S1’s better. ~~~~ sample provided for review ~~~~
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2014 5:21 PM PDT

Dr. Scholl's Active Series Replacement Insole Women's, Size 5 1/2-8
Dr. Scholl's Active Series Replacement Insole Women's, Size 5 1/2-8
Price: $18.15
15 used & new from $12.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid arch support, April 13, 2014
I put a pair of these inside my Avia cross-training shoes. I love the solid arch support these provide, but the thickness of this insole compared to shoes' original insoles makes the top of my shoe fit a little tighter. I guess it's a small price to pay for alleviating the plantar fasciitis pain that was starting to return after walking 2-3 miles a day. These have a lot of cushioning in the ball of foot and the heel area. At the time of this review, you can get a $4 off coupon on Dr. Scholl's web site, so I purchased these insoles locally.

Omega 3 Fish Oil — Triple Strength EPA DHA Capsules Pharmaceutical Grade, Odorless & Burpless Pills (USA Made) — 100% Money-back Guarantee!
Offered by Nutrivato Products
Price: $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Lemony burps taste better than fishy, April 11, 2014
I have only been taking these a short time, but I've noticed a difference already; it seems I am more energetic and just feel better overall. Normally I shy away from taking fish oils since I hate every type of seafood and I didn't want fishy-tasting burps. With these, if I burp, I taste lemon flavor. These have caused no stomach upset either. I feel these are safe since they are non-GMO and the company hires a third party company to test the oil for no detectable levels of PCBs, dioxins, or heavy metals like lead or mercury. ~~~~sample received for review~~~~

Corel VideoStudio Pro X7
Corel VideoStudio Pro X7
Price: $70.99
31 used & new from $70.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Easier-to-use video software over what Pinnacle offers, April 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What I like about the Corel VideoStudio is it offers a step up from the basic Windows Movie Maker, yet the sky is almost the limit on what this can do. It's "look" on your screen is fairly uncluttered. You can start out with simple templates making FastFlick videos and proceed later to adding sub-titles, combining videos, designing the way your titles go in and out of the video - and if you need help there are online tutorials on YouTube. Even if I should ever buy a DSLR camera in the future, this has special features that work with those as well as 4K video.

I installed this on two different PC's. My 7 month old Core i3 desktop at home, running Windows 8.1, 64 bit version, with a 3.4 Ghz processor and 4 GB memory. Also on my desktop at work which also is a Core i3, but running Windows 7 Professional, 32 bit version, with a 3.3 Ghz processor and only 2 GB memory. It works flawlessly on my home PC with 4 GB memory. There were some hiccups on the work PC if I did anything more than basic video editing.

As a reference: I reviewed this software by Pinnacle and it was horrible compared to this: Pinnacle Studio 17 Plus

DB POWER® Car Engine Diagnostic Fault Code Reader Scan Scanner Tool OBD2 OBD II MS300

4.0 out of 5 stars Can save you money, April 9, 2014
I love that this scanner requires no batteries - it works off your car's power. It's cheap and a good thing to have on hand should your check engine light come on. I know AutoZone will test your car at no charge, but the check engine light has to be "on" for them to do so. Some mechanics will charge you $79 on up to check your codes.

This is easy to use once you find your car's diagnostic port (usually under or near the steering wheel under the dashboard). I think the manual that comes with this leaves a little to be desired, I found more info on how to use this by watching the Autel YouTube videos.

It doesn't work on all cars - and I don't know why it doesn't. It appears to me that cars built in Japan have less success with this. I tried more than once and got a LINK ERROR for my 2010 Toyota Yaris. I never got it to work with my car--I've had no CEL warnings though. I also tried it on a friend's 1996 Chevy Lumina that has had several CEL warnings recently, it gave me the code numbers to look up, cleared the codes, and a few days later the CEL came on again...so it clears the codes, but not permanently. ~~~~ sample received for evaluation ~~~~

GOgroove AudioLUX OE Stereo Headphones with Noise Isolating Over-Ear Design , Enhanced Bass & Handsfree Microphone for Smartphones , Tablets , MP3 Players and More! (Black)
Offered by Beach Audio
Price: $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, inexpensive, April 9, 2014
It's been years since I've worn this type of over-the-ear headphone; the reason being these type usually give me a headache like wearing a headband would do. These are quite comfortable and I've fallen asleep wearing them a couple times. They don't block loud background noise but there isn't much noise at night when I wear these - I listen to hypnosis MP3's while in bed, trying to go to sleep. I like bass and these don't disappoint, and the clarity in vocals is good, which surprised me. These aren't audiophile quality headphones but they are a good option for low-cost headphones that don't break your budget. ~~~~ sample received for review ~~~~

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20