Profile for Yarii > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 87

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Yarii "fifty shades of blonde" RSS Feed (USA)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Aperlite YH-700C DSLR Flash Flashlight for Canon Digital SLR Camera, Supports High-Speed Sync, TTL Modes & Wireless Master Control
Offered by Avantek US
Price: $199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine with the Rebel T3i - why pay more for a Canon?, March 29, 2015
Awhile back I purchased the Speedlite 430EX II but after much thought (and an unexpected job layoff) I decided it was too much money to spend for a flash. I was very happy with it but suddenly other things became more important. The TH-700C works just as well with many of the same features. The illumination is perfect and "even", it recovers quickly to flash again. Battery life is excellent. (Sorry, I'm not technical when it comes to camera flashes but the other reviews may be what you're looking for if you want technical jargon). Aperlite may not be a commonly known "brand" but it should be....it's well made, built rugged and doesn't disappoint. Item received at no charge for my unbiased opinion.

1byone® Window Antenna 35 Miles Super Thin HDTV Antenna with 20ft Coaxial Cable, Extreme Soft Design and Lightweight
Offered by 1byone
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Better reception than my original Mohu Leaf, March 29, 2015
To me, the Mohu Leaf has always been the gold standard of flat antennas. This replaced the Leaf on my bedroom TV. The Leaf was the original, with no extra power. It would sometimes lose the signal during heavy rain or other strange atmospheric conditions, even fog at times.

I've had this a few days and we've had heavy rain with no loss of signal. Best of all, I am picking up 2 more channels with decent reception considering the stations are over 50 miles from my home (your own mileage may vary).

Suction cups are included; you could tape it if the suction cups don't stick. I think it's due to it being placed on my window that the reception is better. And being clear, it's not very noticeable. I installed at the top of the window and I don't see it because my valance covers it, and viewing from the outside looking in, you don't see it much either. You can place this anywhere, it doesn't have to be a window.

NOTE: Installed in window on east-facing bedroom wall, one-story ranch with vinyl siding, suburbs, flat ground; most of the towers I pick up are on the other side of the city, probably 20-25 miles away to the northwest, with the exception of one channel where its tower is 8 miles away to the northeast.

Item received at no cost for my unbiased opinion.

Animals (Remix)
Animals (Remix)
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Which came first? The Kia commercial or ?, March 29, 2015
This review is from: Animals (Remix) (MP3 Music)
Great song for exercising or playing with hamsters.

Able Planet True Fidelity Infrared Wireless Headphones (Black)
Able Planet True Fidelity Infrared Wireless Headphones (Black)
Offered by Beach Camera Same Day Shipping
Price: $69.95
12 used & new from $56.96

4.0 out of 5 stars A good alternative if you don't want to mess with Bluetooth, March 29, 2015
Or simply if you don't have a Bluetooth device. You will need to be in direct line of "sight" with the transmitter, though. The second I stepped 2" around the corner, I was out of range. Comfortable enough, even when I'm wearing my glasses. Sound quality: not bad, but I expected a little better bass. I like my bass and these don't have enough to suit me. Item received from Able Planet for my unbiased opinion.

Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, 8.5 x 11 Inches, 20 Sheets (2311B001)
Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, 8.5 x 11 Inches, 20 Sheets (2311B001)
Price: $4.99
60 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars IMHO, the best photo paper available, March 26, 2015
I'm using this paper in my Epson XP-800 Epson Expression Premium Photo XP-800 Small-in-One Wireless Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Fax, and Scanner with auto 2 sided scanning, copying, and printing. Prints from Tablet/Smartphone. AirPrint Compatible (C11CC45201)- I've always loved the Canon paper, even though I tried the Epson photo paper, the Canon seems to have richer colors.

Nikon 1 S1 10.1MP Red Digital Camera with 11-27.5mm Lens (Certified Refurbished)
Offered by Beach Camera Same Day Shipping
Price: $149.00
2 used & new from $149.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't tell it's refurbished, stunning photos, simple and easy to use, March 26, 2015
I'm amazed this is a refurbished camera. It looks like it's never been used, in as perfect condition as when I unbox a new camera. The only difference is the box it comes in, it's a plain white cardboard box that says it's a refurbished camera, and that it comes with only a 90 day warranty instead of a 1 year.

I own a Sony NEX 3N Sony NEX-3NL/W Compact Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera Kit (White), which as far as I know, is the entry-level Sony in the same league as this Nikon 1. While the Sony is slightly larger and seems to have a little better build-quality. I love both cameras and it may be "just me" but I think this Nikon takes better photos. Photos are bright and crisp, and very sharp. This surprised me because the NEX sensor is about 2X larger than the sensor on the Nikon. I also think the video quality is better with the Nikon, another surprising thing since Sony used to have the camera video market cornered. I shoot only in JPG even though both cameras can shoot raw.

The menu is on the Nikon is very much like the NEX and very intuitive; there is no mode dial on this S1, everything is chosen via a menu.

PROS
>> Nikon hasn't gone crazy with megapixels...10 MP is enough.
>> The red color choice is beautiful.
>> I love this comes with a separate wall battery charger.
>> I love the way they made the flash so you can aim it at a different point such as the ceiling instead of the subject to "bounce" the light off the subject. (A little tricky to find the manual pop-up button, it's on the left side of the camera facing from the screen side).
>> Focuses EXTREMELY FAST. I'd say the fastest of any camera I have owned. And if you want continuous photos, this can shoot 15 fps. You can also take a photo in the middle of shooting a video.

CONS (really I'm hard-pressed to find any con!):
>> The kit lens is not so great for close-up macro shots; you have to back off the subject to get proper focus. But still much better than the Sony's kit lens. Additional lenses can be expensive.
>> Battery life is about average, less than the Sony NEX.

What's in the box? Camera, lens, battery, battery charger, USB cable, software, neck strap and instruction manual. Nothing looks like it was previously used.

NOTE: I always feel I need to disclose where I got the camera if it doesn't show it being an Amazon Verified Purchase. I did NOT receive this camera free for review...my DBF found Beach Camera selling these on Ebay, and gifted me with the S1.

Tiffen 405UVP 40.5mm UV Protection Filter (Clear)
Tiffen 405UVP 40.5mm UV Protection Filter (Clear)
Price: Click here to see our price
19 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good budget-friendly UV filter, March 22, 2015
A perfect fit for the Nikon 1 S1 camera. Great optics and helps to protect the lens - this is the perfect "work around" if you hate lens caps on cameras as much as I do.

GRACESHIP Women's Laptop Bag - "Hong Kong" Computer Bag / Briefcase / Messenger Bag
Offered by GRACESHIP
Price: $225.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Upscale bag, March 22, 2015
No doubt about it, this bag is beautiful; at first glance, you may think it's a Dooney or a Coach. The exterior is a fine-grained vinyl and the interior is a dark brown microsuede. It's larger than it appears in the photos, you could probably fit a change of clothes in the main storage area too. The quality, for the most part, is very good except for the hardware which I thought cheapened it a bit. I found the zippers to be hard to zip/unzip, but a little candle wax rubbed over them seemed to help. My main concern is the area where you are supposed to store a laptop. My HP 15.6" laptop wouldn't fit, and I don't consider it to be overly thick. I had to place it in the main storage area. My LePan II tablet which measures about 8" x 10" in its Case Logic case fit with plenty of room to spare. I'm thinking something on the order of a Chromebook may be fine. [review sample]

SanDisk iXpand 64GB Flash Drive For iPhones, iPads & Computers (USB 2.0)-SDIX-064G-G57
Price: $99.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for iPhones/iPads....there are cheaper flash drives if you use Windows, March 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a good choice if you're using iPhones/iPads, etc. But if you're not and you're using a Windows-based PC, there are much cheaper options for flash drives. I borrowed a friend's iPhone 6 so I could see what this was capable of doing, and it's lightning fast....a great way to free up more space on your iPhone. Very good build quality, but it's very large. If you are plugging this into a USB port and it's a tight area with other USB ports, it probably won't fit. And unlike most flash drives, this one has to be charged up itself. Clearly this is a niche product for Apple users.

Canon PowerShot ELPH 170 IS (Black)
Canon PowerShot ELPH 170 IS (Black)
Price: $149.00
18 used & new from $149.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A good basic point & shoot camera that takes great video, March 21, 2015
First of all, if you're wanting one of the newest Elph models and you're on a budget, choose the ELPH 170 IS over the ELPH 160, which is also new on the market. The 170 IS has better image stabilization.

I purchased this camera for a niece of mine and I decided to give it a test run before gifting it to her. Images are bright, crisp and clear for the most part. Videos are very good, just as good as my more expensive Sony camera, even though they are 720p. The focusing is fast and it is ready to take another picture pretty fast, especially if you aren't using the flash. Zoom is 12X optical, and even when zoomed out, the camera helps with camera shake. Small, will fit in a pocket. The LCD screen is only 2.7" - a little disappointed it doesn't have a 3" screen like most cameras now have.

What I recommend: If you have an older Elph model you're happy with, don't buy this camera for the higher MP. This has 20 MP and that DOESN'T make this a better camera. It's a ploy by almost all camera manufacturers to entice you to upgrade. Lower megapixel count is better almost all the time. Because if you try and blow these photos up into poster-size and you've cropped it a little before-hand, you will have very grainy-looking photos.

What comes in the box: Camera, wrist strap, battery and battery charger. You will need an SDHC card, I recommend a Class 10 as it will be faster and it's better if you're shooting videos. There is NO cable included to upload the photos to your computer and this doesn't have wi-fi. So you'll have to use a card reader or find a cable that fits this.

SDHC Card: Transcend 8GB Class 10 SDHC Card (TS8GSDHC10)

Card Reader: IOGEAR SD/MicroSD/MMC Card Reader/Writer GFR204SD (Green/Gray)

Note: Camera was purchased locally at Target since I had a gift card that was about to expire.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20