Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Storm Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for Nadine C. Fetner > Reviews

Browse

Nadine C. Fetner's Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nadine C. Fetner RSS Feed (Lake Murray (Chapin), SC)

Biography - Harrison Ford: Reluctant Hero [VHS]
Biography - Harrison Ford: Reluctant Hero [VHS]

5.0 out of 5 stars Star of The Century, April 10, 2000
Thank you, A&E, for this great video on Mr. Harrison Ford, "Star of The Century." (I would have given it 5 1/2 stars if it had included his receiving that award by NATO.)
Anyone who admires Mr. Ford and appreciates his performances as much as I should have this video, which explains his dedication to his job.
I have Mr. Garry Jenkins' book, "Imperfect Hero", and 25 videos of Mr. Ford's movies. He is the "Ultimate Hero" in each of these.

Random Hearts [VHS]
Random Hearts [VHS]
Offered by C&C Media and More
Price: $4.99
107 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Job, Harrison et al!, March 23, 2000
This review is from: Random Hearts [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Harrison Ford was doing his job, as always. He is a perfectionist. His job in this movie was to portray a character who had loved his wife, was betrayed, and lost her. He played his part to perfection as he always does. If he seemed cold, yet emotional at times with tears in his eyes, he showed the real depth of those emotions. This was his job to appear that way!
I recall reading a review of his performance in "Sabrina" - was said to have been 'cold, tired, unemotional, sick', etc. Again, this was HIS JOB. The script was written thusly - he was SUPPOSED to play a role showing himself all these things, and he did a superb job at it!
As for the plot in Random Hearts, some reviewer complained about the various sub-plots. Doesn't every movie and TV show these days have several plots running at the same time? Confusing, to say the least, but it does make you pay attention! As another reviewer mentioned, "watch his eyes and listen to his voice." This is one great actor! He can say more in one scene with his eyes, hands, and that great grin than many other actors today can portray during a whole movie.
We rented this movie last week-end and watched it three times. I own 25 of HF's videos, of which my husband and I watch one at least 5 times a week (sometimes 7). (We do not go to the theater). As soon as the price comes down, we will add it to our collection. In the meantime, will rent it again.
I agree with Mr. Burgraff of North Myrtle Beach, SC, who wrote that "this was worthy of an Oscar consideration." As someone else wrote in a review, "this is definitely not suited for everyone's taste." Then, again, what is?
Please, see this movie, pay attention, and enjoy it as much as we did!
Thanks to a great cast for a great movie!

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [VHS]
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [VHS]
Offered by Blessed Wedded Bliss LLC
Price: $7.50
213 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Indiana does it again!, June 27, 1999
Each time, Indiana gets better. Am looking forward to his next one. NO ONE can play Indiana but HF like HF can! This man has more talent in his eyes, hands and that one-sided grin than all of the other movie actors combined! And to think it took watching just one of his movies to convince me. Now we have practically his whole collection, and we never get tired of watching anything he appears in. The Last Crusade is one of our favorites, which we watch about once each week.

Working Girl [VHS]
Working Girl [VHS]
Offered by College Town Books & More
Price: $3.94
154 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Another 5 Stars Movie with HF, June 27, 1999
This review is from: Working Girl [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Another Harrison Ford movie that loses nothing in seeing it over and over again! From the moment Jack Trainer sees Tess, it is apparent he is in love with her. From there, it only gets better. The bad girl gets her come-uppance, and the good girl and good boy get what they want... A superb ending, even the lunch-box. Please see this movie, and don't miss the lunch-box episode!

Six Days Seven Nights [VHS]
Six Days Seven Nights [VHS]
Offered by BeatleManU2
Price: $3.48
109 used & new from $0.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Another outstanding HF movie, June 27, 1999
What a great movie! Of course, my husband and I think HF is the greatest thing since sliced bread (an old joke for you youngsters), but we watch one of his movies each night, and this is one of our favorites. We couldn't wait for it to become available to buy (we got tired of renting it). The chemistry between those two really made this a great movie. This is another example of the gift Harrison Ford has of being able to play any part in any movie! He can be funny, serious, tough, loving, you name it. There are very few actors around today that can do that. What a MAN!

Sabrina [VHS]
Sabrina [VHS]
Offered by Bitola
Price: $5.39
212 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This should rate 10 stars!, June 27, 1999
This review is from: Sabrina [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This is a movie that we watch about once a week, and we enjoy it more each time. This is the first Harrison Ford movie we purchased, and we fell in love with him. We (my husband and I) have not been to a movie theater in 25 years - we were - and still are - disillusioned with what Hollywood has had to offer. Therefore, knowing the quality of the performances of Harrison Ford, we are assured of a superb movie. Harrison Ford is the best thing that has happened to cinema since Technicolor!

Hanover Street [VHS]
Hanover Street [VHS]
Offered by lotsaviewing
Price: $10.00
24 used & new from $0.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh, what a beautiful story!, June 27, 1999
This review is from: Hanover Street [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This is another of Harrison Ford's movies that my husband and I watch at least once a week! Since we are from the "greatest generation" - to coin the phrase from Tom Brokaw's book - this brings back memories of the "great war" and things that happened so fast in those days.. A beautiful story about two beautiful people. P.S. It does have its funny parts, too.

Clear And Present Danger [VHS]
Clear And Present Danger [VHS]
Offered by Nyah's Bargains
Price: $6.75
191 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars He did it again!, June 27, 1999
Of course, any movie that Harrison Ford appears in is sure to be a hit. This movie just proves it. He is, again, outstanding as Jack Ryan. No one else could have played this part.

Air Force One [VHS]
Air Force One [VHS]
Offered by Shopping Oasis
Price: $4.48
440 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd vote for Harrison Ford for President anytime!, June 27, 1999
This review is from: Air Force One [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Having read many of the other reviews - some in favor, some against Harrison Ford's performance. I am of the opinion no other actor could have played this part better than he. Of course, anyone watching this movie should realize that it is only that, a story, but what a story! My only regret is that he did not play the part of the President as Dr. Jack Ryan, as in Tom Clancy's books - "Debt of Honor" and "Executive Orders." This would have then put it all in perspective as the real President - then "Air Force One." Harrison Ford and Tom Clancy would have billionaires instead of multi-millionaires!! I love them both!

The Frisco Kid [VHS]
The Frisco Kid [VHS]
Offered by DSwordAW
Price: $13.99
44 used & new from $0.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had a "Best Friend" like that!, June 27, 1999
This review is from: The Frisco Kid [VHS] (VHS Tape)
One of the sweetest, funniest movies we have seen in many a day! My "best friend" - my husband - and I watch it at least once a week.