Profile for B. Brennan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Brennan RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Shopaholic to the Stars
Shopaholic to the Stars
by Sophie Kinsella
Price: $18.39
86 used & new from $12.22

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money- nothing gets resolved in the end!, December 15, 2014
I've read all of her books and loved them. Not this one. It doesn't end. It's just a cliff hanger for the next book. Kinsella brings back an old foe and creates a mystery about a mission her father is on. You expect the last couple of chapters will resolve the issues with the old foe and explain the mysterious mission. It doesn't. You don't even get the satisfaction of the new characters in the book, "getting theirs". The book ends with an obvious marketing ploy for the next book.

Comfort Choice Women's Plus Size Panties, cotton 10-pack (PASTEL ASSORTED,8)
Comfort Choice Women's Plus Size Panties, cotton 10-pack (PASTEL ASSORTED,8)
Offered by Roamans
Price: $43.93
3 used & new from $17.58

1.0 out of 5 stars Product has changed, September 28, 2014
I've been wearing these for years. I just bought a 10 pack and none of the legs fit. They were all so loose that the elastic just hung. I washed them twice to see if they would shrink and they didn't. They must have changed contractors.

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars
by John Green
Price: $6.50
301 used & new from $4.44

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't think I can even finish it, June 7, 2014
This review is from: The Fault in Our Stars (Paperback)
I'm over 100 pages in and it's very depressing. I bought the book based upon an interview with John Green on 60 Minutes. The consensus was it wasn't a book about cancer but a love story. Sorry, but so far all it's been is about cancer. Since it's so popular, I'm going to donate the book to my library.

Isadore Womans New Slide Beach Sandal Slippers in 4 Bright Fun Colors
Isadore Womans New Slide Beach Sandal Slippers in 4 Bright Fun Colors
Offered by SHOP USA
Price: $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted- wanted to order another pair and currently unavailable, May 17, 2014
I wanted a simple pair of sandals to go to the pool and the shower at the Y. I ordered one pair figuring if they were comfortable, I'd order another. I have a wide foot, so many of these sandals are too tight. They fit fine, but when I went to reorder they were "Currently Unavailable". They seemed to have plenty when I ordered them 4 days ago. I'll check back in a couple of days.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2014 3:53 PM PDT

Kipling Fairfax Handbag One Size Blue
Kipling Fairfax Handbag One Size Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Need all around bag, November 30, 2013
Love it. Get lots of compliments. Has multiple pockets for storage and separation, Light yet sturdy. Not to big. Don't need included shoulder strap, handle length is long enough to put on shoulder and tuck under arm.

Nyrius NY-GS3200 5.8GHz 6 Channel Wireless Audio/Video Sender Transmitter & Receiver System with IR Remote Extender
Offered by ShopTronics
Price: $79.99
4 used & new from $49.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Set up to amplify sound for husband, November 30, 2013
I purchased these for a second home. The first set is still working fine. My husband is hard of hearing and refuses to wear a hearing aid or use head phones. It got to the point where he would have to put the volume up to an uncomfortable level for me if he was to hear dialog.

The answer came in the form of these transmitter/receivers and a set of speakers which sit right next to his chair. I used a good pair of computer speakers. He can set the volume next to him so he can hear and it is not to loud for me. Probably saved our marriage.

MoKo Slim-Fit Folio Cover Case For Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, BLACK (with Built-in Multi-Angle Stand)
Offered by BSCstore
Price: $19.99
4 used & new from $8.81

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Case for Galaxy 10.1 WiFi, May 13, 2012
I've had my Galaxy 10.1 Tab for almost a year now. Got in in June 2011. I initially purchased the RooCase- light weight leather. Problem with that case was I had to open it every night to charge the tablet and the way it was sewn made the combination of the case and tablet larger to hold than just the tablet. I also had to take the tablet fully out of the case to wipe it down. Although you could set it for different angles, it wasn't very sturdy. Finally, the case never actually closed. The only benefit of the RooCase over th MoKo is it is lighter.

I like the MoKo case better. I fits around the tablet so it's roughly the same size as the tablet (length and width). You can charge the tablet with the case closed. The top of the case had 3 groves so you can set the tablet at different angles. While I can generally get it to sit on my lap it does occasionally slip out of the groove (always on the right side for some reason) and has to be readjusted. It also closes securely so if you tilt the tablet the top doesn't flap open. It feels like leather, but I can't tell for certain. My only complaint was I recently took it on an airplane and I noticed when I got home that there were air bubbles in the top of the case between the leather and hard surface. I worked them toward the outside seams and they went away, but it was rather strange. That's the reason I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 5. Although it is heavier than the RooCase the fact that the 3 position adjustments work better which means I can set the tablet down or on my lap instead of holding it up when I'm using it for reading.

I would definitely recommend this case to anyone else, especially if you take your tablet outside the house and want a case that will securely close.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 19, 2012 6:14 PM PDT

Edifier USA Tick Tock Retro Multifunctional Alarm Clock MF240Reto Black
Edifier USA Tick Tock Retro Multifunctional Alarm Clock MF240Reto Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to set alarm, December 26, 2011
The clock looks great and the sound is excellent. I bought it because you could also put an SD card into it and play your own MP3 songs as well as use it as an FM radio. I am returning it because as an alarm clock it is useless. The instructions that come with it are almost non-existent. They tell you to go to their website for further information but all you get is an "under construction" page.

When you set the alarm you need to tell it what to play when the alarm goes off. I wanted it to play a radio station. You need to select which station by picking one of the clocks 24 preset stations. There are no instructions on how to set the preset stations.

There are also no instructions on how to tell the alarm which one of the 24 stations to select. The result is the alarm would always go off playing preset #1 which in my case was static. So I now have an alarm clock that wakes me up (maybe) to static. There are a myriad of buttons on this thing- function, mode, set, up, down, forward, backward and trying all sorts of combinations, after an hour I gave up and decided the clock was going back.

It's a shame because it looks really cool and sounds really good, but what good is an alarm clock that can't wake you up?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2012 1:58 AM PDT

Samsung Infuse 4G Android Phone (AT&T)
Samsung Infuse 4G Android Phone (AT&T)
7 used & new from $60.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, May 21, 2011
I've had the phone for 5 days. There isn't anything bad I can say about it. The screen is large and clear. The colors vibrant. The speaker sound and call quality is way better than my 2008 HTC S710.

I only use Outlook on my notebook (no Exchange server) so I was concerned about trying to sync with Outlook since the S710 is Win mobile and the Infuse is Android. While there is no USB support for Outlook sync included in the phone, I was able to sync my Outlook contacts with my Google account. I used Go Contact Sync Mod which I got at sourceforge.net for contacts and Google Calendar add-on which I got from Google for calendar. Set both to sync with Google periodically and the Google account will sync with the phone automatically.

There is no lag time on the phone and the battery life is quite acceptable. 92% of my battery use so far has been display time-I've been paying with it so much.

I couldn't decide whether to jump now or wait for the Galaxy S2. I'm glad I got this phone. I really like the bigger screen- I can add an appointment without putting on my glasses and it is incredibly light in the handbag. The bigger screen is also easier to type on.

Unless you have to have the newest technology, this is a solid phone and a good user experience.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 23, 2011 1:34 PM PDT

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Disgusting and Illegal, November 10, 2010
Amazon- this is not a freedom of speech question when the book advocates and supports illegal activity.

Page: 1 | 2