Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for BattleBornNV > Reviews

Browse

BattleBornNV's Profile

Customer Reviews: 135

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BattleBornNV RSS Feed (Nevada, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
by Mike Matheny
Price: $14.69
86 used & new from $12.51

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK!, December 14, 2015
I love the Giants. I love baseball. Mike Matheny was a giants catcher… so I was really hoping to like this book. And good news, I did. A lot. As the season gets colder and baseball fades into the Hot Stove of offseason flurry, I finished this book. (The Matheny Manifesto: A Young Manager's Old-School Views on Success in Sports and Life by Mike Matheny)

This is a must read book. This book was inspired by Matheny’s letter, but it is so much more. After you read it, you have to really think about it and then it inspires you to act on the principals he presents. This book will benefit coaches, parents, and especially young players and people.

I thought this book was going to be a biography, and although there are a lot of experiences presented it really isn’t a biography. It is an outline and a view into how Matheny coaches, how he looks at youth spots, parental involvement and what it means to be successful in life and sports.

You win or lose with class and integrity. You play hard, smart and you show respect. This is just a sample of what is to come when you read this book.

I really enjoyed this book and I think that you will to. Sports, life, parenting and baseball. Those four things right now are what I enjoy. If you are like me, then this is right up your alley and I highly recommend it!

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review through their Blogging for Books program. I was not required to give a positive review.

It's a God Thing Volume 2: When Miracles Happen to Everyday People
It's a God Thing Volume 2: When Miracles Happen to Everyday People
by Craig Borlase
Price: $13.19
59 used & new from $0.48

5.0 out of 5 stars If “It’s a God Thing Volume 1” was good “Volume 2” has to be equally as enjoyable, January 28, 2015
If “It’s a God Thing Volume 1” was good “Volume 2” has to be equally as enjoyable. That is a true statement and a fact. Question you need to ask yourself, when was the last time you had a “God thing” … did you write it down? Have you thought about the current blessings in your life? If you haven’t, you should.

The stories compiled in this book are very inspiring. Very uplifting. And very moving. The stories are easy to read, they are addicting and make you want to read more. The short nature of each story makes it a book that you turn the pages very quickly. I recommend this book to anyone who wants an easy, uplifting read that confirms the fact that God is indeed with us.

I received this book free from the publisher through the Book Look Bloggers book review program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

Food: A Love Story
Food: A Love Story
by Jim Gaffigan
Price: $18.20
220 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars FOOD, January 15, 2015
This review is from: Food: A Love Story (Hardcover)
This book is perfect. Much like his first book I couldn’t read it and not share the “best parts”. What this boils down to, is I would read aloud 3 or 4 quotes from each chapter to my wife. I don’t think she needs to read this book now, she already knows all of it.

Jim Gaffigan writes, Food: A Love Story and its doesn’t disappoint. From his take on bacon, Taco Bell, Cinnabon, steakhouses and seafood… Each chapter builds on the other and the end result is simply put, a love story to food.

Some of the jokes feel like I have heard them before, or read them somewhere, but it didn’t matter. I was laughing out loud (not just saying lol) and wanted to share everything I read.

I don’t have a lot to say in this review, because I don’t want you to get any of the jokes until you buy the book. This was wonderful and very enjoyable book. I highly suggest you get this book.

NKJV, Duck Commander Faith and Family Bible, Hardcover (Signature)
NKJV, Duck Commander Faith and Family Bible, Hardcover (Signature)
by Phil Robertson
Price: $20.78
82 used & new from $3.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome beards. 2, December 12, 2014
Here’s what I know about the men of Duck Dynasty…
1. Awesome beards.
2. A Duck company.
3. Large family.
4. A TV Show.
5. They pray.

That’s it. I don’t know their names, I don’t know their story, I don’t know anything about their company. Then I heard on TV or on the radio that the Duck Dynasty family was asked to not share God or pray as much as they do. I heard that this family said something along the lines of ‘if we can’t pray, you can take your show elsewhere.’ I don’t know how accurate this is, but it made me perk my ears up and want to learn more.

I saw that they helped author and write supplemental information for a new bible. I was worried that it would distract and draw attention away from the Word, but I am happy to report that it didn’t.

I saw this book available and immediately thought of my brother in law and thought he would love this bible as it would be a new bible to him, with information and thoughts from the men of Duck Dynasty (he loves the TV show). I read though the bible first so I could post my review.

I loved the stories that they have throughout the bible and I really liked that There is more included in this Bible than just the Word of God. They have included 30 days of Lifechangers which are devotionals that include Scripture and real-life stories of how God has used them to help change others' lives. I just love personal testimonies so I'm always very encouraged when these are included in a Bible. I think it shows how powerful God is.

A bible is a powerful thing. Whether it’s this version and has extra stories from Duck Commander, or it’s another, you need to have one and read it.

The Spiritual Danger of Doing Good
The Spiritual Danger of Doing Good
by Peter Greer
69 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars The Spiritual Danger of Doing Good by Peter Greer is about the risks of burnout, December 11, 2014
The Spiritual Danger of Doing Good by Peter Greer is about the risks of burnout, pride or worse… Greer describes his time serving overseas and what happens when he is only doing “good” so others can see how “good” he is. His firsthand experience and his willingness to show his heart really helps to show us what not to do and helps us to see that we can be forgiven for even those thoughts.

This book "provides a powerful wake-up call for Christians...Each of the book's 17 chapters demonstrates spiritual pitfalls and how to avoid them. The discussion questions and suggested videos on a variety of topics make this excellent for group studies. The Spiritual Danger of Doing Good should be required reading for all Christians whether they are involved in overseas missions or work in their own neighborhoods."

I enjoyed this book and would suggest picking up a copy. I don’t have too much to say other than I think that you should read it yourself and examine your heart while serving. Why are you doing it? What causes you to look over your should to see if someone is watching? When was the last time you had an honest one on one with God? Get a book, it’s shocking how much you can learn about yourself.

A complimentary copy of this book was provided for review purposes by Bethany House. I was not required to post a positive review and the views expressed in this review are my own.

First Team Dad: Your Playbook for a Winning Family
First Team Dad: Your Playbook for a Winning Family
by J. Drew Pittman
Price: $14.99
67 used & new from $0.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Drew Pittman was an excellent book about making a game plan for your family, December 11, 2014
First Team Dad by J. Drew Pittman was an excellent book about making a game plan for your family. Pittman shares information, statistics and concepts about the American family and gives us a great “game plan” or guide to help us with our families. He uses each chapter to tell us a story or two about his experiences, what he would do differently and end the chapter with a section called “game plan” in which he offers questions and thoughts for reflection.

He wants to see our families grow in strength and in love. His goal is to not throw anything down our throats but wants to help our family.

There are SO many resources for men that are trying to raise Godly families and this is another resources that I will be keeping on my shelf. I really think that the concepts in this book are going to be a great thing for my family and for the other families I share my life with. I hope that I can remember and help show what it means to have a game plan for your family. This is going to be one of my “go to” books when thinking and reflecting what it means to lead my family.

Dear Luke, We Need to Talk, Darth: And Other Pop Culture Correspondences
Dear Luke, We Need to Talk, Darth: And Other Pop Culture Correspondences
by John Moe
Price: $13.56
101 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars examples of failed super bowl halftime pitches, December 11, 2014
Dear Luke, We Need to Talk, Darth: And Other Pop Culture Correspondences by John Moe is a book of letters or notes that you wish were written. Examples include Darth Vader sharing his “big” secret with Luke Skywalker via a written note, examples of failed super bowl halftime pitches, Gilligan’s Island notes, a journal from Mickey Mouse, Donald, Goofy and Pluto…this is to name only a small sample of what’s included.

Moe wants us to take a break from the harsh realities of life and see the “other” side of the story. Jokes, humor and interesting facts that we miss from the movies, from the story and from the desks of those who are involved.

I don’t have much to say about the book except that I might be too young, too out of the loop and not as familiar with pop culture as some. I didn’t understand or want to try and understand a lot of the reference that were being laughed at. Some sure, were hilarious and great to read, others I felt were too under developed and didn’t mean enough to me to keep reading on. I skipped those pages and kept reading what I felt was relevant to me.

I really didn’t like it that much. I like where he was going and if you are 40ish+ than I think that this book would make more sense. I don’t recommend it for those that are not as in touch with pop culture or those who are not 40 plus.

Unlocked Cubot S222 5.5 Inch IPS Quad Core 1.3GHz Andriod Smartphone 1GB/16GB WIFI Bluetooth (White)
Offered by LightInTheBox Home Store
Price: $152.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It looks and feels so nice. Great quality picture, August 29, 2014
This phone is SLICK. It looks and feels so nice. Great quality picture, great sound and has all the same apps that you can get for the iphone. No complaints. I love that it is white and has a HUGE screen.

As far as how it works, he has not had any issues. So good job to the company for making it, they did a nice job. And I love the price point on this phone. It’s not so costly that I feel bad and regret buying it. I would get the phone if I were you!

CUBOT P9 5.0" Capacitive Touch Screen MTK6572A 2-Core Android 4.2.2 3G Smart Phone + GPS + 8MP CAM(521MB + 4GB)

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone knows the iphone or Samsung smart phones but it is the different brand names that ..., August 25, 2014
Everyone knows the iphone or Samsung smart phones but it is the different brand names that really pack the best punch for you money. I bought this phone for my cousin and he loves it. Great quality picture, great sound and has all the same apps that you can get for the iphone. No complaints.
It has a very large screen and makes it nice to use, much larger than even what I had expected. It is truly nice to look at and use. Its quick and even though we didn’t drop it, it feels very durable. Some phones feel like they are going to break under any circumstance, but this one feels different. That is a huge factor when I was getting this, because my cousin is in high school and I know how it can be to lug around books and notebooks…etc, it makes it easy to drop your phone.

Sidelined: Overcoming Odds through Unity, Passion, and Perseverance
Sidelined: Overcoming Odds through Unity, Passion, and Perseverance
by Chuck Pagano
Price: $20.16
151 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I was really inspired when I read this and love that it wasn’t just another football book about what ..., August 7, 2014
Football starts today… well the preseason anyways. Luckily I just finished a book about football by Chuck Pagano called Sidelined: Overcoming Odds through Unity, Passion, and Perseverance. Chuck Pagano is the Indianapolis Colts head coach and over the last few years had been battling cancer. This is his story of becoming the coach, learning of the illness and how his team, media, fans and family all supported him through the battle.

I remember watching small news snippets of the cancer and the CHUCKSTRONG movement and wanted his team to do well, unless they were playing the 49ers. I never realized how much men and women go through when they are diagnosed with cancer. It doesn’t only destroy (hopefully) the cancer, but in some cases causes these people to lose hope and lose the fire for life. Chuck wrote this book to not just show that he had a desire to live but to use his platform to show Jesus and how He helped him through this.

I was really inspired when I read this and love that it wasn’t just another football book about what this player did or what that player did. Chuck brings true stories of what happened to him and it made for a very interesting read. I strongly suggest getting this book and adding it to your collection. But my word of advice is to not just read it, but to be motivated for life by it. Live your life and do what Chuck has done and live to show the love of Christ.
In short, get this book and go 49ers!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14