Profile for Stryker > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Stryker RSS Feed

Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Pro S 7-Inch High Carbon Stainless-Steel Straight Meat Fork
Offered by ZWILLING J.A. HENCKELS
Price: $99.99
2 used & new from $99.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, fits in the block with my other Henckels International knives, December 24, 2013
This is exactly what I was looking for, and am very pleased upon receiving it. As others have stated, it fits nicely in the block that came with my knife set and is a style that matches the other knives. I was also pleased to notice that this was made in Germany and not China. It's very sturdy and I am sure will serve me well over the years.

Vitamix 1363 CIA Professional Series, Platinum
Vitamix 1363 CIA Professional Series, Platinum
Price: $498.95
20 used & new from $446.33

5.0 out of 5 stars I never thought I'd spend this kind of money on a blender, February 18, 2013
I've seen these very expensive blenders for years and always thought they were marketed towards the gullible. However, I recently got into juicing and started doing some research on how to also include the fiber that juicing disregards. Naturally, this led me to blenders, and in reading a number of reviews I did see that perhaps there is some truth towards these expensive appliances.

I broke down and bought the Vitamix CIA Professional Series and this thing has impressed me right out of the box, It absolutely liquefies everything, including tough, leafy vegetables like kale. The variable speed is a nice way to mix in things like liquid and protein powder once it's blended, and the high speed setting is nothing short of impressive. I'm finding it easy to make healthy, meal replacement smoothies, and the quick clean-up (blend water and dish detergent, then rinse) makes it easy to stay motivated and keep using it.

I got the juicer and blender as a part of a promise to myself to eat healthier and get back down to my goal weight and maintain it. I'm still in the first month, but have already dropped 15 pounds, and I already feel better by including more vegetables in my diet. I'm replacing at minimum 1, sometimes 2 meals per day with hunger satisfying smoothies.

My favorite so far is blending 2 bananas, 3 tablespoons peanut butter, 1 cup milk and 2 scoops of soy & whey protein powder (chocolate flavor)...delicious, and the protein more than holds me until the next meal. I also enjoy dropping a couple of tomatoes, a jalapeno pepper, a carrot or two and a couple handfuls of kale or spinach and about a cup of ice water. Lesser blenders would leave the leafy vegetables stringy, but this unit turns out a nice, creamy smoothie every time. This was a lifestyle changing purchase that I am very happy I made.

Travelpro Luggage Crew 9 25-Inch Expandable Suiter Spinner Bag
Travelpro Luggage Crew 9 25-Inch Expandable Suiter Spinner Bag
Price: $149.95 - $319.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, October 28, 2012
I needed a bag for a whirlwind business trip through the United Kingdom, involving many different site visits and requiring formal business attire. I did not want to carry a separate garment bag for my suits, so I sought out and ultimately selected this item for my trip. I was absolutely pleased with how it performed. The suitor attachment easily accommodated 2 business suits and folded down to where it did not adversely affect the main compartment's space. When I arrived in London, I unpacked and found the suits in the same condition as one would expect when traveling with a full garment bag. The suitcase rolls very easily in an upright manner, and while it does include a detachable clip to hang a second bag, my laptop bag is too heavy and it tips it over...but I don't fault the TravelPro in this case, my laptop bag is extremely heavy, as I pack all my electronics, chargers and even business papers in it. Placing the laptop bag on top of the suitcase and wrapping the shoulder strap around the extendable handle proved an effective way to transport everything, and it rolls quite easily in this configuration.

In all, this bag exceeded my expectations and at the price it's hard not to pass it up. I did purchase this from a brick & mortar store because I wanted to see it in person before ordering it online. That trip confirmed that the 25" was the proper size for me, as the 27" bag was quite bulky and more than I needed. The store sold it for $50 more than the price shown on Amazon, but they did match the price when I showed them the screen on my smart phone.

Pentax Optio WG-2 GPS Kit
Pentax Optio WG-2 GPS Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, June 28, 2012
I bought this camera specifically for a planned white water rafting trip and it far exceeded my expectations. It was intended to be a supplemental camera to my existing compact digital, but the performance and versatility of this unit quickly made it my replacement. It's got a ton of different shooting options that I wasn't even aware of. The panorama function is pretty cool, it stitches 3 consecutive shots together horizontally to make one big panorama. The video capabilities are also very impressive, shooting in 1080p HD that will upload to YouTube and play back at the same resolution for easy video sharing. I got the waterproof camera specifically to protect it from splashes during the rafting trip, but I've since had it in swimming pools and the underwater video quality is simply amazing.

My local camera store only carried the GPS enabled version in the black and orange colors, which I initially balked at thinking this was going to be a gaudy safety orange camera. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it was more of a metallic orange highlight and actually makes the camera look very nice.

The salesman did say that battery life could be an issue, so I bought a spare battery (they charged me $50 for it, later found them on Amazon for much, MUCH less so I returned the other one to the store). During my first full day's use, I did change the battery at the mid-point of the trip, but the indicator was still showing it as full. I suspect it would have been lower if I'd done more video, but I primarily shot stills and even with the GPS on the battery life was very reasonable.

The only negative thing I can say about it is the battery charger than Pentax supplies with this. I'm accustomed to compact, plug-in wall units with retractable prongs for easier travel. Not this one...it comes with a unit that looks like a wall charger, but it has a long AC cord that you have to plug into it. It's not at all travel friendly, but there are some good deals on Amazon for a wall style charger and many even include spare batteries. Mine did and I think I paid about $20 including shipping...totally worth it. The supplied charger is in my spare electronic parts box, where I expect it will remain.

Other than the charger, this is a good, rugged and full-functioned camera that I am glad I purchased.