Profile for Vin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Vin RSS Feed

IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti [Blu-ray 3D]
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti [Blu-ray 3D]
DVD ~ Kelly Slater
Price: $17.30
46 used & new from $7.80

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, March 30, 2011
Quite simply, if you own a 3D television, buy this DVD. The picture and 3D are both just so stunning. You will not be disappointed.

Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV (2011 Model)
Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV (2011 Model)

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be happier, March 30, 2011
Like everyone else interested in making the big screen purchase, I spent hours every night reading reviews, shopping around, comparing specs and prices, and trying to decide whether I should go lcd or plasma. Ultimately, I ended up just going to the local BB and seeing which one looked and felt right to me. I purchased this beautiful 55in plasma and I couldn't be happier about it. I've had it for over two weeks now and I don't have a single complaint. The picture is great and the sound is just fine for my living space(apartment). The 2D-3D conversion is alright but you should not expect much from any television's conversion. The 3D Blu-Ray is a different story - The Ultimate Wave Tahiti is AMAZING (I had to watch it twice because I didn't follow a word because I was so blown away by the picture) and Resident Evil Afterlife was fun to watch (the 3D at least).
I realized that all the hours I spent reading super detailed reviews was somewhat a waste of time because when it comes down to it, I don't really care about or even notice the subtle differences that so many people compare. I just wanted a solid tv with great picture at an affordable price and this was it.
The setup was beyond easy. The remote and on-screen menus are very user-friendly.
The widgets all work just fine. Watching youtube videos on a 55in can be entertaining.
My roommate and I are traveling surfers and licensed skydivers so we have plenty of GoPro HD videos that we watch on this tv using the SD card slot(we also watch them through the youtube widget)and they look phenomenal.

BOTTOM LINE: If you want a solid big screen with great picture at the right price then this is it. Highly recommend. If you have any questions then just leave a comment.
Comment Comments (27) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 22, 2014 1:00 PM PDT