Profile for J. M Schwartz > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 31

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. M Schwartz "Johnee99" RSS Feed (Los Angleles, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
What I Talk About When I Talk About Running (Vintage International)
What I Talk About When I Talk About Running (Vintage International)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $8.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for Runners and Writers, July 18, 2015
The most elegant meditation on running and writing I have ever read. Even if you don't run, this is a powerful piece of memoir.

The Peripheral
The Peripheral
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $11.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, February 20, 2015
This review is from: The Peripheral (Kindle Edition)
Fascinating premise. Pedestrian execution.

Mountainsmith Travel Trunk, Red, X Large
Mountainsmith Travel Trunk, Red, X Large
Price: $79.02
10 used & new from $76.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Ski Weekends, March 6, 2014
We have a place in the mountains and I try to blaze up whenever there's snow. This bag lets me pack quickly and take as much gear as I need. I use the wet pouch for dirty clothes as the trip progresses insuring that I am always organized when I return. It is made of strong stuff and can withstand a beating.

Armband: MyBand armband for iPhone 5S, 5C or any portable device similar in size . Multi use armband for fitness, running, gym, sports, daily activity, travel armband. Easy access forearm armband with full access to touch screen, tracking, texts or calls with zipper pocket for key, ID, cash, credit card holder.
Offered by MyBand
Price: $18.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for running, December 17, 2013
This fit the bill for me and let me actually control and see my iphone while I run enabling me to fast forward my music or search for a specific song. It's a big piece, though, covering alot of your forearm, however I find it much more convenient that having it on my upper arm. It fit my iphone 5 with a case snugly leaving full access for headphones. This has made a huge difference for me.

Pilot [HD]
Pilot [HD]
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars This show slays!, May 8, 2013
Perfect pitch on this one and really well written. I could see watching loads of these. The stop motion is also very well done--not the easiest thing to pull off. Most importantly, crackling dialog.

Original Roominate
Original Roominate
Offered by Fast Trusted Books
Price: $59.78
3 used & new from $35.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Time for Dads and Daughters, May 5, 2013
This review is from: Original Roominate (Toy)
I purchased this product after reading about it in the WSJ -- specifically on how this was designed to engage young girls in spatial awareness and ideas around math and architecture. I travel alot, and time with my 6 year old daughter is precious--she's a gymnast and she spends alot of time at practice. When we got this, I sat down thinking that I would help her get it unpacked and read any directions to her. 2 hours later...we had created her "future dorm room" at college together and we were having a blast. Not to mention, she skipped watching TV in order to keep building her room. This was 2 hours of super quality father/daughter time and she could not stop thanking me for it! We didn't even hook up the motor!

One of the brilliant aspects of this product is that it invites the user to use their imagination and incorporate multiple sensory materials in to the building process. Each kid can figure out how to make a pillow for the bed in their own way, or a plant stand or a window. My daughter and I even brainstormed on how to create something that looked like an oven. The spatial dynamics are also engaging as you need to plan the whole space out and sometimes take it apart to make things fit.

When I woke up this morning, she had decided to redo the room completely and was in the process of taking it apart. She was excited to get going on her revisions.

The two hours of quality time i got with my daughter in her busy schedule were more than worth the price of the product and i look forward to more time doing this with her. Great product and I highly recommend it -- especially as a way for fathers and daughters to get some quality time!

Moleskine Multipurpose Pen Case, Orange, One Size
Moleskine Multipurpose Pen Case, Orange, One Size
Offered by Book Depository US
Price: $9.03
7 used & new from $9.03

1.0 out of 5 stars USELESS, February 11, 2013
This is perhaps the most useless thing I have ever purchased. Even getting the Moleskine catalog out of it when I opened it up was impossible. Cannot believe they would create such a useless thing. Perhaps this is a joke. I am not laughing. AVOID.

The Forbes Model For Journalism in the Digital Age
The Forbes Model For Journalism in the Digital Age
Price: $4.63

5.0 out of 5 stars A Manual for the New Journalism, January 24, 2013
If you are at all interested in the future of journalism in a digital age, Forbes has cracked the code. This book is filled with loads of practical and strategic advice. Specifically re-aligning your current editorial assets to become "thought leaders" on social media, and the need for developing a smart CMS that reflects your strategic intentions. Some of it is self-congratulating at times, but well-deserved. This is a must read for anyone interested in how to run a media company.

Outdoor Products Power Pack Daypack
Outdoor Products Power Pack Daypack

5.0 out of 5 stars Best business travel bag I have owned, December 25, 2012
I used to think it was cool to carry a satchel or a shoulder strap case when I traveled for business until I would get home and it felt like I had a hatchet buried in my shoulder. Then I got to thinking about this concept of distributing weight. Now I know, backpacks are for students, dirty backpackers and IT people, but it's time to give credit to the IT people--backpacks are THE BEST for frequent travelers. This one I use has ZERO sex appeal...no fine corinthian leather, and it's not the ultimate accessory for business meetings (for that I always pack either a simple laptop sleeve for papers, ipad and notes or a little black nylon bag I picked up at Muji in Singapore). But I can get 2 days of clothes plus all my gadgets in here, and I save money on massages.

Sleep Master Sleep Mask
Sleep Master Sleep Mask
Offered by Sleep Master ®
Price: $25.90
5 used & new from $23.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Plane Travel Sleep System!, December 25, 2012
Ok, do I look like I am in a bedroom scene of a Housewives of Beverly Hills episode when I am wearing this thing? Probably. Is it bulkier than the cheap eye masks they hand out in business class? Yes. Does it take me to dreamland even in an uncomfortable middle seat in coach flying from Tel Aviv to Berlin for 5 hours? Yes. It's soft, wraps around my ears and blocks ALL light and lets me feel like I am wrapped in a soft cocoon while I sleep--what better invention could there be for plane travel? This is a must have for sleeping anywhere.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4