Profile for I. Mehr > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

I. Mehr RSS Feed

Baboon Fart Story: An experiment inspired by Chuck Wendig
Baboon Fart Story: An experiment inspired by Chuck Wendig

1.0 out of 5 stars Scientifcally innacurate, February 18, 2014
The correct word is 'Flatulence'. I mean, the least the author could have done is look the word up. It's like he didn't even try.

Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black/Brushed Metal
Price: $70.19
84 used & new from $40.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Caught on fire this morning., December 15, 2013
I've had this coffee maker for five years and generally been happy with it. This morning, it started making popping sounds then started billowing smoke from the hot plate. Had to throw the damn thing outside in the rain so it didn't take the entire kitchen down with it. I am switching to thermal carafes....

Simply Calphalon Nonstick 5-qt. Sauté Pan & Cover
Simply Calphalon Nonstick 5-qt. Sauté Pan & Cover
Price: $58.99
10 used & new from $40.40

1.0 out of 5 stars Warped within a week of use. Twice., December 24, 2012
Unfortunately, they don't make 'em like they used to. Got this as a gift. It warped within one week of use. Sent it back to Calphalon under warrantee, they shipped a new one. It warped too. I am a standard home cook - these pans shouldn't be so weak.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2014 10:42 AM PDT

HOMEIMAGE Adorable Elephant Shape Ultra Cool Mist Humidifier
HOMEIMAGE Adorable Elephant Shape Ultra Cool Mist Humidifier
Offered by HOMEIMAGE, INC.
Price: $26.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless, December 24, 2012
Worked for one day then ceased to function. Even when it worked, the adjustment for vapor strength didn't work. Stick with Crane vaporizers.

The Lock Artist: A Novel
The Lock Artist: A Novel
by Steve Hamilton
Price: $22.49
25 used & new from $1.56

5.0 out of 5 stars This book was fantastic, April 16, 2012
Loved this book - a combination of heist caper, teen coming of age story, and a love story, with a super interesting protagonist. So sorry this one is over!

Shotgun Gravy (Atlanta Burns Book 1)
Shotgun Gravy (Atlanta Burns Book 1)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid! Can't wait for the other books!, October 18, 2011
Every once in a while I need a short story, but I'm always sad when they end. Here I get the best of both worlds! This is a tightly written fast paced novella that kept me on the edge of my seat. It's been characterized as "young adult" fiction, but I disagree. This is just solid fiction where the main characters happen to be teenagers. Highly reccomended.

Fit
Fit
by Justin Lascek
Price: $18.64
37 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a CrossFit Journal summary without the Kool-Aid, September 8, 2011
This review is from: Fit (Paperback)
As an avid CrossFitter with a strength bias, I really liked this book. There were several things I learned that I have not yet gleaned from two years of watching CF Journal vids and reading articles. Anyone into high intensity fitness, strength training, or endurance training (although I pretty much skipped that chapter as I hate any kind of endurance with a passion you can only dream of), will find this a useful book. I think it would be particularly beneficial to a newbie to CrossFit to get some of the fundamental underpinnings of the programing. FWIW, Kilgore has written for the CFJ several times. Also, Justin Lascek runs a great website called 70sBig.com. Somewhat surprisingly, they avoided the word "CrossFit" like the plague (I think it was mentioned twice), as well as some of the CF classic rep schemes (think 20-15-10 instead of 21-15-9). I suppose this means the book is not sanctioned nor suggested by CrossFit HQ, and they do contradict some CF gospel in here, but that's a good thing: nobody should get their fitness and health info from only one source. All in all, a great book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 17, 2011 10:58 AM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent everyday wine glasses, November 23, 2006
I attended an expensive Bordeaux tasting, and the host (a well known, high-end wine retailer) served the wines in this glass. This told me a couple of things: 1. they were very good glasses that even the discerning oenophiles at the tasting would appreciate. 2. they were reasonably priced (to have dozens of them and clearly not care too much if one was accidentally broken). I've bought several sets and only had one broken when a guest dropped it on cement. Although they say dishwasher safe, I still wash them by hand. Although one reviewer complained that they were "chunky", I personally love that they are not the tall, tipsy type of wine glass - those may be great for special occasions, but not for everyday use with a toddler running around the house. I highly recommend these glasses!