Profile for SargeGC > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SargeGC RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
The Hospital
The Hospital
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quick read., April 5, 2013
This review is from: The Hospital (Kindle Edition)
If you like the rude, crude, cantankerous Mountain Man then you will enjoy this. It's more of a short story than anything else, but I enjoy those little background stories that flesh out a character.

Lee Precision Deluxe .308 3-Die Rifle Set (Grey)
Lee Precision Deluxe .308 3-Die Rifle Set (Grey)
Price: $39.45
4 used & new from $36.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable as always, April 5, 2013
What else can you say? Took a couple months to arrive, but .308 is high demand and with the ammo scare I expected a long wait.You can't get a better bang for your buck (no pun intended).

RCBS Accessory Base (Plate-2)
RCBS Accessory Base (Plate-2)
Price: $39.99
5 used & new from $32.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Made installation easy., April 5, 2013
Due to poor forethought on my part my bench did not have enough of a lip on the front to allow the handle of my press to come down fully. I bought two plates for my rock chuckers and it solved the problem nicely. It actually looks pretty sharp too, and if I need to move something or swap something it's easy.

Survivors: A Novel of the Coming Collapse
Survivors: A Novel of the Coming Collapse
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $7.59

1.0 out of 5 stars The first book was good. This was not., February 5, 2013
It felt like he took all of his notes and edited side stories from his first book and put them between two covers and called it a sequel. The story jumped a lot and sometimes had elements that made absolutely no sense.

Wonder Junior Deluxe Hand Grain / Flour Mill by Wondermill
Wonder Junior Deluxe Hand Grain / Flour Mill by Wondermill
Offered by CLASSICAL FITNESS & HEALTH
Price: $219.95
33 used & new from $199.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, January 26, 2013
Works great and very sturdy. I was able to get a fine grind in one pass, but trial and error seems to show that I can get fine grain a lot easier by making two passes. One a little coarse and the second fine. It's just easier to turn the handle that way.

BlackHawk® CQC™ Carbon Fiber Holster Matte Finish Colt 1911, COYOTE TAN, RH
BlackHawk® CQC™ Carbon Fiber Holster Matte Finish Colt 1911, COYOTE TAN, RH
Offered by Worldwide Sellers
Price: $34.53
29 used & new from $34.53

2.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with ALL 1911s, January 26, 2013
Did not fit my Springfield 1911 Double Stack. The grip is just a little too big for the gun to fit in to the holster.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 10, 2014 1:18 PM PST

Audiovox VE927 9-Inch LCD Drop-Down TV with Built-In DVD Player and Clock Radio (Silver)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and quality, September 10, 2012
Easy to install. Nice picture and good sound. The radio picks up all the stations I want (even the faint ones). The remote is handy with a little magnet for the fridge. I've had it two months and have no complaints. It's the best one I could find at a good price.

Earth Abides
Earth Abides
Price: $7.29

2.0 out of 5 stars The main character ruined the book., July 30, 2012
This review is from: Earth Abides (Kindle Edition)
I know this book was first published in 1949. I can overlook the unlimited shelf life of canned goods and gasoline. It's the main character "Ish" who ruined this story for me. He is your typical elitist douche bag who confuses a large vocabulary with intelligence. With a university library at his fingertips, this mental giant could not learn the basics of survival (agriculture, animal husbandry, auto repair, food storage etc...)in his lifetime! I muscled through the book hoping it would redeem it's self in the end, but I ended up losing eight bucks on my kindle and three days of my life. If you want to read this "classic" be prepared for constant complaining about the stupidity of others while doing absolutely nothing to better the situation. Hubris abounds with his superior attitude and god complex. He's also a bit of a racist (Not for his use of the word "Negro", but for his temptation to use the black people he encounters to make himself king!) and a sexist.

The Remaining: Aftermath
The Remaining: Aftermath

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better this time., July 18, 2012
The writing was just as good as the first, but without the heavy handed premonitions at the end of each chapter (I still rolled my eyes the few times he did it). All in all a good fast read. This book ended much cleaner than the first.

The Remaining
The Remaining

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a good read..., July 17, 2012
This review is from: The Remaining (Kindle Edition)
The story is good and the characters were well developed. To be honest there were only two things that detracted from this book for me. The author's way of ending a chapter with a premonition for some reason grated on me. Also, the ending seemed abrupt. Not cliff hanger abrupt. It just kind of ended. Aside from those two things it wasn't bad. I bought the second book. We will see how it goes.

Oh and for those annoyed by the author requesting a review on Amazon, I am okay with someone asking for feedback. He didn't pander for positive reviews or anything.

Page: 1 | 2