Profile for Travis Gafford > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Travis Gafford RSS Feed (Southern California, USA)

Galaxy GeForce GTX 670 GC 2 GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 DVI/DVI/HDMI/DP SLI Ready Graphics Card, 67NPH6DV5ZVX Graphics Cards 67NPH6DV5ZVX

1.0 out of 5 stars Consistently crashes in high end games - tech support and RMA department useless, March 10, 2013
I never really go back and give bad reviews to hardware because I eventually get anything that has issues RMA'd without any issues. Since I got the card it's crashed consistently on high end games. I went through and did the check for any issues with my system, put it in another, updated drivers, etc. etc.

When I ultimately realized that it was the card and nothing on my end, I contacted Galaxy and got the runaround for six weeks. Their phone support is useless and refers me to the ticket system on their site. Their ticket system will take up to a week to get back to you, ask you the same questions over and over again, and then finally bounce you to the RMA department. Surprise, surprise, they'll also ask you the same questions and take a week to get back to you. I'm in week six right now and I had to go buy a new card because they were taking so long. Still no end to this in sight.

This is the first and last time I buy a Galaxy card.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2013 8:05 PM PDT

Windows 7 Secrets
Windows 7 Secrets
by Paul Thurrott
Price: $35.83
67 used & new from $4.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource, September 4, 2009
This review is from: Windows 7 Secrets (Paperback)
I purchased this book due to my enjoyment of Paul Thurrott and Leo Laporte's Windows Weekly podcast. The book covers virtually everything in Windows 7, and should be considered the ultimate resource/guide on the OS. This is a great tool for newcomers, as well as those who have been running Windows 7 since the beta release. Even amidst the more simple sections, such as installation, the authors manage to sneak in interesting tips and secrets that even IT Pro's might not be aware of. Snarky and subtle comments laced throughout the text and below screenshots kept me smiling as I read through the chapters. Whether you're someone who has never bothered to peer under an operating system's hood, or a Windows power user just trying to figure out what features Microsoft has added to its latest operating system, this book is a great buy!