Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Martie Hughes > Reviews

Browse

Martie Hughes' Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Martie Hughes RSS Feed (Lily Dale, NY USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Big Trouble in Little Hope
Big Trouble in Little Hope
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh, what fun!!, February 17, 2015
This is a bit of a departure from C.J.'s usual genre, but it shows what a truly gifted storyteller she is. I downloaded in on a cold, dreary afternoon and finished it in one sitting. I was so sorry to see it end, I reread two days later. Some characters are just too good to let go of. It's a little naughty, a little nice ... sweet, sassy, and spicy. All in all, a tasty read! "Laugh out loud" funny and "touch your heart" sentimental. But, don't take my word for it! See for yourself.

God's Message to the World:: You've Got Me All Wrong
God's Message to the World:: You've Got Me All Wrong
by Neale Donald Walsch
Price: $14.90
82 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST of Neale Donald Walsch, November 16, 2014
The BEST of Neale Donald Walsch. I'm a long-time fan, and this is NDW/CWG in a nutshell. New perspectives on old thoughts.

Life Was Never Meant to be a Struggle
Life Was Never Meant to be a Struggle
by Stuart Wilde
Price: $9.95
65 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 16, 2014
A perennial favorite that I purchased as a gift for a friend who needs a bit of encouragement.

Food: A Love Story
Food: A Love Story
by Jim Gaffigan
Price: $18.20
236 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars and what I read I loved., November 16, 2014
This review is from: Food: A Love Story (Hardcover)
It's a Christmas gift. Have peeked,and what I read I loved.

Thermafreeze Reusable Ice Pack Sheets / Ice Packs -5 Extra Large Sheets - 10 x 15 inch sheets (4 x 6 cells = 24 large cells each, 120 cells total) - Reusable, Flexible, Non-Toxic - Lasts hours longer than ice!
Offered by GroupMedShop
Price: $13.50
6 used & new from $13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Sent it as a gift to my DH who blew ..., November 16, 2014
Sent it as a gift to my DH who blew out his knee. He loves them!! Makes icing so much easier.

Stay Tuned: Conversations with Dad from the Other Side
Stay Tuned: Conversations with Dad from the Other Side
by Jenniffer Weigel
70 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest. Poignant. Hope-filled., October 23, 2007
I thought this was going to be the chronicle of a daughter's search for confirmation that there is something after this life. I was wrong. This is so much more. It is one of the most profound, honest, heart-wrenching love stories I've ever read. Sometimes it's laugh-out-loud funny. The next moment it's so poignant my heart weeps. All in all, it's filled with the wide range of emotions that accompanies the lost and found of a beloved father. I know, I've been there.

Walk In My Boots - The Joy of Connecting
Walk In My Boots - The Joy of Connecting
by Bonnie Ross-Parker
Price: $16.95
31 used & new from $0.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Like having a cup of tea with a friend, September 19, 2003
"Walk In My Boots - The Joy of Connecting" is the honest, heart-filled story of a woman who is the personification of honesty and heart.
In sharing her journey with us, she reminds us we are all connected. She shows us how one woman's experiences can validate and support others. She reinforces that we are not alone, that help and support are there if we only look, ask, reach out, connect.
Her unconditional love for others, for herself, is a shining beacon. Read this book with your heart as well as your head and you will be profoundly moved.

by Caroline Myss
402 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Seekers Guide to the Soul, January 2, 2002
"Sacred Contracts" is a textbook, a workbook, a seekers guide to the soul.
Rich with stories and anecdotes, it moves easily from information to example. Questions are anticipated, answers are provided. Concepts move from the cosmic level to the practical; theory to practice. Information for today; guidance for tomorrow. Exercises for self-discovery are thorough; instructions clear and precise.
On the subject of "Sacred Contracts," Dr. Myss' says "...my belief (is) that our life is laid out in steps and stages arranged in such a way that we always have the opportunity for spiritual transformation..." She goes on, "Your Sacred Contract allows you countless chances to grow and change, dependent only on your willingness to pick up subtle clues and cues that appear along the way." (p.39)
After exploring all the components of a Sacred Contract, Dr. Myss provides a set of tools to uncover the "clues and cues" that lead us in the direction of our own Sacred Contract. She gives examples of how others have used these tools to gain a deeper appreciation of the meaning of their life, their Contract. Dr. Myss' even uses herself as an example, explaining both her Contract and how it plays out through various experiences of her life.
"Sacred Contracts" is both the icing AND the cake. It is far more than I imagined.

by Caroline Myss
402 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Seekers Guide to the Soul, January 2, 2002
"Sacred Contracts" is a textbook, a workbook, a seekers guide to the soul.

Mid-Life Spirituality and Jungian Archetypes (Jung on the Hudson Books)
Mid-Life Spirituality and Jungian Archetypes (Jung on the Hudson Books)
by Janice Brewi
Price: $5.28
44 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars I Like This Book ..., June 6, 2000
Even if you've very little understanding of Jung's ideas, you'll be able to follow this book. It's easy to read, interesting, and thought provoking. More important, it addresses some of the questions I've asked as I moved into my, uh, twilight years. Further, corroberation of the ideas put forth are drawn from a wide variety of sacred and secular texts.
The book is broken into four sections: The Life Cycle, The Shadow, The Child, and Emerging Wisdom. I quite enjoyed the "Reflective Exercises" at the end of each section that gave me a chance to think about, and integrate, what I'd just read.
And like anything that goes to the core of our own personal belief system, we should remember we can take the best and leave the rest. Me? I'm taking a lot away from this book!

Page: 1 | 2