Profile for Barry Seymour > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Barry Seymour RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Intex Pillow Rest Classic Airbed with Built-in Pillow and Electric Pump, Queen
Intex Pillow Rest Classic Airbed with Built-in Pillow and Electric Pump, Queen
Price: $34.29
20 used & new from $27.58

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh. Loses air, pillow annoying, weak pump, not firm enough for me., February 24, 2015
I got this for Christmas. Here it is February and I have to re-inflate this thing twice a night. Plus, the 'built in pillow' is just a nuisance. The pump is not powerful enough to fill this to the desired firmness.

Once inflated, it's OK, but this won't last you very long.

Licks Off Of Records
Licks Off Of Records
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, December 1, 2014
This review is from: Licks Off Of Records (MP3 Music)
Hilarious and musically brilliant. This is Martin Mull at his best, live in front of an audience. Highly recommended.

New Balance Men's MX623 Water Resistant Cross-Training Shoe,Dark Brown/Tan,12 4E US
Price: $72.99
4 used & new from $72.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, December 1, 2014
I have been buying and enjoying New Balance shoes for 20 years. I like the wide sizes - I need them. When I first put on a pair of 10.5 4E shoes it was a revelation and I've never gone back. The wide shoes are wide, look like my feet and don't crush my toes.

Until now.

I wanted a pair of shoes that fit like New Balance running shoes but looked suitable for casual work wear. These looked good on Amazon, but the reality has been a disappointment.

Following the recommendation of other users, I had ordered a larger size to ensure a good fit. Even so, the shoes look like a narrow shoe that has been begrudgingly widened in the middle. The end result is a shoe that doesn't look good *and* pinches my toes. Additionally, there is little or no arch support in these shoes. Unlike the running shoes I normally buy, these are flat flat flat. With prior NB shoes I would remove the slim foam liners so my orthotics would fit properly. In this case, not only did I have to leave them in, I had to pad the bottoms of the liners with gorilla tape just to ensure I had any arch support at all.

This is the first pair of NB shoes that have let me down.

The Humming Song
The Humming Song
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, July 18, 2014
This review is from: The Humming Song (MP3 Music)
I sing this one at parties and I get all the girls. ALL OF THEM.

Learn to play and sing this song and you can too. Even more sexual potency than the three wolf moon t-shirt, and that's saying something.

Aduro Shell Holster Combo Case for HTC ONE with Kick-Stand & Belt Clip (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, US Cellular & Sprint)
Offered by Entronik
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $6.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, with one small caveat, July 18, 2014
This is a nice, solid case with a good holster. The case looks good, fits well and doesn't add much bulk. The holster is solidly built.

However, one little problem which prevented me from giving it five stars. It sticks too well to the holster, making it hard to remove, yet it's a little slippery in the hand. Kinda opposite of what I'd want.

Still, recommended

Propet Men's Cruz Loafer
Propet Men's Cruz Loafer
Price: $62.99 - $84.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Puzzled at the size discrepancies, April 21, 2014
This review is from: Propet Men's Cruz Loafer (Shoes)
I have some New Balance running shoes that are 11.5 4E and some old Nunn Bush Victor's, same size. I ordered this in the 11.5 4E and it was way too long. I returned it for an 11 4E ... that was too short and too narrow. What the heck???

The shoes seem quite nice, but I dunno where they get these size claims. Totally off in my experience.

Williams Mug Shaving Soap - 1.75 Oz (Pack of 12)
Williams Mug Shaving Soap - 1.75 Oz (Pack of 12)
Offered by Health and Beauty Supplies
Price: $17.85
14 used & new from $13.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, old fashioned, works BEST., April 14, 2014
Williams Mug Shaving Soap does not have any fancy gels laced with high tech polymers. Those just prevent the razor from getting close enough for a good shave anyway.

Neither does it come in a wasteful plastic bottle with a squirt top that you have to recycle when empty.

This is just a simple bar of soap that lathers great, provides amazing lubrication and moisturization with a simple, old-time scent that is masculine and clean without being overbearing or macho. And it gives me the closest shave I've EVER gotten. You don't even need a mug and brush if you don't want them.

It just doesn't get any better than this.

Original HTC OEM Handsfree Headset Remote Control 3.5Mm Audio Plug W/ Earbud Cap & Clip, T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide,Evo 3D,Sensation,Incredible,Desire S,Wildfire S,Samsung Galaxy S,Galaxy Ace,Infuse 4G,Wave Mini
Offered by MyNetDeals
Price: $8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, but doesn't work with my HTC One, April 9, 2014
The sound is very good, but when I plug it into my HTC one the phone tries to make a call. When playing muic the rocker buttons have no effect on the volume and the center button doesn't start/stop the music. I made a test call and the microphone didn't work -- I was hearing my voice sporadically from the mic OR clearly from the phone itself.

Still looking....

Camelot
Camelot
Price: $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars An amazing album, but poor sound quality, April 3, 2014
This review is from: Camelot (MP3 Music)
I love this music, I love this musical. Sadly whoever ripped this from CD had their head up their alley. I can clearly hear digital artifacts in some of the quieter passages. You'll do much better to buy the CD and rip the tracks. These don't sound good.

eForCity Universal 3.5mm Stereo Headset w / On-off & Mic compatible with Samsung Galaxy S III / S3 - White
Offered by Theo&Cleo
Price: $5.15
2 used & new from $5.15

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good Sound Quality, April 3, 2014
Surprisingly good sound quality for such an inexpensive set of headphones. Not so good as a telephone headset, sadly. It does not work reliably with my HTC One for placing calls. The button doesn't work and sometimes my phone goes crazy, trying to execute a number of seemingly random tasks when I plug the headphones in.

Great for an iPod, iffy for an Android smartphone. Not sure about iPhone.

Great customer service by eForCity, BTW. The pair I ordered got lost in transit; they sent another pair as soon as I notified them. Thanks!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3