Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for P. R. > Reviews

Browse

P. R.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

P. R. RSS Feed (Southern California)

Ocean's Eleven (2001)
Ocean's Eleven (2001)
DVD
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a solid, fun, heist film., July 15, 2016
Don't take it too seriously, just sit back and enjoy. Also, the PG-13 rating seems to be due to ONLY 3 bad words (I was scanning for them to figure out if I can share with the kids). 2 F-bombs and an A-word. No nudity, no sex, no gunplay, no murder.

Mr Shield For Amazon New - Fire Tablet 7" 7 Inch (5th Generation - 2015 Release) Premium Clear Screen Protector [3-PACK] with Lifetime Replacement Warranty
Offered by Mr.Shield
Price: $21.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, all the tools for a bubble free screen protector!, October 15, 2015
This was really easy to install. For the first time ever, I was able to get a bubble free application of a screen protector on the first try. Seriously. Well, I trapped dust, because I ALWAYS trap dust, but they have these little dust removers, and they work. The youtube video helped show how to do that properly.

(The only thing that was not perfect was that the microfiber was so little, that my big old fingers would go over the edge and re-smudge the screen as I was trying to clean it.)

Bluetooth Speakers, SoundPal Cube F1 5 Watt Bluetooth Speaker Compatible with all Bluetooth Devices
Offered by TheONE-store
Price: $18.99
5 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little speaker for the price., October 1, 2015
This is a great little inexpensive speaker. It's not all booming sound quality, but what do you expect from a little 4 inch cube. It sounds better than the phone alone, and is easy to pair and control. I've paired both my HTC phone and my Kindle with no issues.

Kitchen Tongs Set,MANLEHOM Salad Tongs (9 inch + 12 inch) Cooking Food BBQ Silicone Tongs Built in Stand With Silicone Tips (Black)
Offered by Manle Inc.
Price: $36.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as standard restaurant supply store tongs, October 1, 2015
I was really disappointed with these. Granted, I'm used to all metal tongs, which are pretty agile, so cooking with these tongs is trying to write while wearing mittens. I do have a small pair of Tovolo silicone tongs which are a lot better than these. The silicone part is not as thick, so you still have control. These are big and clunky, and on the 2nd use, the little plastic stands fell off into the food while I was serving. Uncool.

Fine, it doesn't scratch non-stick pans, but they are hard to use, and I'm no kitchen novice.

Nocturna
Nocturna
DVD
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful family film, September 15, 2015
This review is from: Nocturna (Amazon Video)
So creative. Wonderful family film.

Not For Parents Travel Book (Lonely Planet Not for Parents)
Not For Parents Travel Book (Lonely Planet Not for Parents)
by Lonely Planet
39 used & new from $0.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for Curious Kids, May 11, 2013
I can't get my 8 year old to put this down. He made us take it to his grandparents' house so he could show them the facts about their homeland (that they already knew, and that he just learned.)

It has snippets of interesting information about every (?) country. He started by trying to just look at info for countries we've been to, but then started informing us about everything. He loves this book as much as the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series, and that's saying a LOT for non-fiction.

You're not going to get a complete encyclopedia entry on each country, so don't expect that. It's full of interesting trivia, but it sparks interest in travel and research with which pure non-fiction cannot compete.

Pulltap's Double-Hinged Waiters Corkscrew
Pulltap's Double-Hinged Waiters Corkscrew
Offered by Orange soda
Price: $8.76
5 used & new from $8.76

1.0 out of 5 stars Should have noticed that "apostrophe-ess", April 15, 2013
It's a total fake. It broke after 3 uses while getting screwed INTO a cork. Really, not even while pulling on it or anything. Total fake. Now, I have a real Pulltap double hinged corkscrew, and it's a gem. Works easily every time. This one, not so much.

Wilton Square Silicone Baking Cups, 12 Count
Wilton Square Silicone Baking Cups, 12 Count
Price: $9.89
19 used & new from $8.39

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for Bento, so-so for Baking, February 3, 2011
I bought these as food dividers for bento lunches. I usually use them for fresh fruit or veggies, and they work great for that. Like all silicone products, they do retain odors so be careful what you put in them, and even what soap you wash them with.

I recently baked a batch of very moist cupcakes in them (sprayed with non stick spray and baked on a sheet). They were mostly fine. They are very hard to get off, but they do work--you have to peel/flip the cups off, but quite a bit of fine crumb stays behind.

Cleaning them is a royal pain, and one has cracked already after ONE bake cycle.

These are ideal for bento and for baking up the last bit of leftover batter, but I don't think I'll bake a full batch of cupcakes in them again.

Kaiser Bakeware Noblesse 9-1/2-Inch Non-stick Quiche Pan with Removable Base
Kaiser Bakeware Noblesse 9-1/2-Inch Non-stick Quiche Pan with Removable Base

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional, but lethal, July 13, 2008
This is a good, sturdy tart pan. While the coating is pretty good, it doesn't cover the edges, thereby exposing the underlying metal, and it's starting to rust there already, even with meticulous hand washing.

And, along those lines, this pan cut the LIFE out of my hand when washing it. That top, uncoated edge is razor sharp, and when all lubed up with soap and applying pressure to wash the bits of tart out of the nooks and crannies, the pan slipped and sliced 3 fingers. I was bleeding for days; the cuts were deep. Usually, I'd chalk this up to idiocy, but I have no idea what I would have done differently. I think from now on, I will actually hold it in a padded oven mitt, wash thoroughly, and then toss the mitt in the wash. I'm not kidding, it WILL happen again.

Floral Leaf 7 Piece Jacquard King Comforter Set, Burgundy
Floral Leaf 7 Piece Jacquard King Comforter Set, Burgundy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent comforter set., January 4, 2007
This comforter set is great. The comforter is light but very warm--it doesn't pin you in like some (unless a cat is present). It came with 3 decorative pillows (one cylindrical, one square, one rectangular), 2 sham covers, a bed skirt, and the comforter. The colors are very rich, and the design is embroidered, and not printed, so it looks very elegant.

I have to admit that I promptly ignored the "dry clean only" instructions (as it was inexpensive enough for me to experiment on that), and I'm glad I did. It washes fine in an extra large capacity top loader, with no degradation of color or fabric quality.