Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for N. J. Schreiber > Reviews

Browse

N. J. Schreiber's Profile

Customer Reviews: 61

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

N. J. Schreiber "Dreadneck13" RSS Feed (Florida)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
FLIR FX Indoor Wi-Fi Wireless 1080P HD Video Monitoring Security Camera
FLIR FX Indoor Wi-Fi Wireless 1080P HD Video Monitoring Security Camera
Offered by Adorama Camera
Price: $178.99
19 used & new from $97.41

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a fan of FLIR, June 10, 2016
After 9 months with the​ FLIR -I am not a fan.

When it does an update, it knocks your camera off and doesn’t restart it. It kept telling me to update inside the app so finally I did - so it would stop telling me to. I did the update while I was away and after the update, the cam went offline and stayed offline.

I thought it recorded continuous 24 hours to the cloud, like some others, but it doesn’t. It records on motion or audio triggers. Both are useless to me. The motion records on everything, we have pets so have to set the zone area where cats don’t go. The motion also triggers on shadows even if you adjust it.

You either have to set it to bombard you with 1000s of false text alerts, or you have to turn off the alerts am not got any.

It constantly is offline and not due to my wifi.

There are no location settings. The other cam I had, it was really nice to set rules, so when you entered the house you could set it to automatically turn off recording and when you left to turn on.

I was hoping the FLIR would update to these advanced features and stability but after 9 months it is the same.

All in all, I just don’t like it. I don’t want false triggers, 100 msgs on false triggers. I don’t want to have to set up zones to avoid false triggers. I just want it to record all the time, have rules to turn on an off based on my location, and not randomly be disconnected.

I think I am describing another cameras features, one that looks like I will be getting a couple of tomorrow!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2016 11:54 AM PDT

Powerbeats 2 Wireless In-Ear Headphone - Black
Powerbeats 2 Wireless In-Ear Headphone - Black
Price: $139.99
11 used & new from $87.60

2.0 out of 5 stars This sound For 200 dollars? NO THANKS!, June 25, 2015
I didn’t get these on Amazon, I purchased them through T-Mobile. These are the legendary beats? With a 200 dollar price tag I was expecting so much more from the audio. Where is the bass? I saw reviews where they said the bass was toned down but this toned down way too much. I am not looking for overpowering thumping muddled bass, I'm just looking for clean, full sounding bass with a little punch. The bass in the PB2 is weak enough to be annoying - if they mixed it up a little bit these could be full sounding and great earbuds. I listen to mostly metal and hard rock and I like to hear the fullness of the bass and drums but these headphones have too much high end with no bass and just ok mid. I also just got Plantronics Backbeat Fit (on Amazon) for my GF and those have a richer and fuller sound for a lot less money but they don;t have the volume of the PB2..

Cons:
• Bass is weak
• Mids are just ok
• No punch
• $199.00 but sound like $49.00
• Would rather have controls on the headset and not a separate in line controller on the wire.
PROs
• Good volume
• Solid Bluetooth connectivity
• Clear audio when using for calls
• Nice overall design
• Good carrying case
• I can return them

West Bend 82306 Stir Crazy 6-Quart Electric Popcorn Popper
West Bend 82306 Stir Crazy 6-Quart Electric Popcorn Popper
Price: $31.46
59 used & new from $21.09

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk - use a stove and pot, June 24, 2015
I would suggest passing on this and do not look back. Just use a stove and a pot, it works better and is much faster. I have had 3 of these (2 as replacements). They start out working OK but after a couple uses the popcorn just turns and turns and the majority never pop. We tried fresh kernels, different oils, less oil , more oil. It is a waste of time. I think as some others have stated - it just doesn't get hot enough. I even took videos of it just turning the kernels for 20 minutes with just a few popped.

Otterbox [Commuter Series] Wallet Case for Samsung Galaxy S5 - Frustration-Free Packaging Protective Case for Galaxy S5  - Black
Otterbox [Commuter Series] Wallet Case for Samsung Galaxy S5 - Frustration-Free Packaging Protective Case for Galaxy S5 - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars To bulky, June 24, 2015
This was too bulky for me.I didn't like how the card slider opened. The case It was tight even with 3 cards. I ended up purchasing the Spigen Card holder and have been using that one ever since. Much thinner, holds 2 cards but you can cram 3 in.

OXO Good Grips Scoop, Translucent White
OXO Good Grips Scoop, Translucent White
Price: $5.99
9 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Yup - it scoops Ice, June 24, 2015
It is an Ice Scoop - it scoops Ice.

Patient Sampler Pack,75-3 Packs of flossers=225 flossers
Patient Sampler Pack,75-3 Packs of flossers=225 flossers
Offered by 55Dental
Price: Click here to see our price
4 used & new from $39.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Got Braces? GET THESE!, June 24, 2015
If you have braces -- GET THESE. Makes flossing with braces fast and easy. I love the tips so you can clean your braces if you are out. I always have these with me.

Nyko Modular Charge Station (Black) - PlayStation 4
Nyko Modular Charge Station (Black) - PlayStation 4
Price: $18.00
110 used & new from $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great! Could be 5 stars, June 24, 2015
Works perfect, looks great. Keeps the controllers looking neat and in their place when charging.

I would give it 5 stars but I do have a couple issues with it.

1) I would like the option to turn off or dim the charging lights, it lights up my entire room at night so I usually have to turn the PS4 completely off or throw something over the lights to block it

2) It would be great if there was a USB port on the front, even if it wouldn’t charge the controllers if you used it - is better than removing the charger to get to the USB port.

Thermos Vacuum Insulated 18 Ounce Stainless Steel Hydration Bottle, Charcoal
Thermos Vacuum Insulated 18 Ounce Stainless Steel Hydration Bottle, Charcoal
Price: $21.06
23 used & new from $15.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, June 24, 2015
No leaking, no sweating, drinks stay cold,

Thermos Stainless King 24 Ounce Drink Bottle, Matte Black
Thermos Stainless King 24 Ounce Drink Bottle, Matte Black
Price: $29.90
11 used & new from $19.66

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor lid design, June 24, 2015
I love the Thermos insulated water bottles. I have several and they are the only water bottle I buy. However, this was the first time I purchased the 24oz King Drink Bottle and the first time I am not happy with Thermos. The lid design on this one is not as good as the other bottles. There is a rubber piece up by the lid but for whatever it doesn’t want to stay put - which means this bottle leaks like crazy if it is tipped. I mean it pours out. I have never had a Thermos leak on me so for this one to go defective after just a few months is surprising. It leaks so much I can’t even use it because if it falls over water pours out all over everything. I won't buy this model again.

BlueAnt Wireless PUMP-BL Pump Wireless HD Sportbuds - Blue

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Sound Quality / Returned, June 24, 2015
• Audio quality: 0 stars
• Design: 2 stars
• Trust the 3,2 and 1 star reviews for the BlueAnt
• Pass on these unless you main priority is waterproof headset and your last priority is audio quality.

What a disappointment. As soon as I paired it to my device and heard 10 seconds of music I knew these were going to be returned. The sound is horrible. These can retail from 90 to 120 dollars, luckily I only paid about 52 on here but even if I paid 15 dollars I would return them. They honestly sound like cheap a 10 dollar ear buds.

Sound – bad. For the price of these headphones the audio quality is unacceptable. I do not understand the good reviews or how anyone could enjoy the audio quality from the BlueAnt. The audio sounds like it is very far away or down a tunnel, it is very hollow, absolutely no bass at all, and the highs are too bright. If you turn the volume up to get just a hint of bass it gets all distorted from the high ends. I was also getting some audio popping in and out as others had stated in their reviews. I understand they are ear-buds but even for ear-buds these are very poor at reproducing audio. I tried all the tips to ensure I was able to get the best fit I could – it didn’t help at all.

I did like the design and fit for my ears so that is why it gets 2 stars. The size was a bit too big for my GF she didn’t to like the way the fit her smaller ears and having the big piece behind them.

I just wish BlueAnt was as concerned with the Audio as they were with the design.

We also ordered the Plantronics Backbeat Fit Bluetooth headphones for my GF, and I can say they are much better at reproducing the audio (for ear-buds) than the BlueAnt. We kept comparing both headsets with the same song, and the audio from the BlueAnt seemed like you were listening to a different version of the song. Even my GF, who is in no way an audiophile, commented on how bad the BlueAnt sounded.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7