Profile for Ghenghis > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 397

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ghenghis RSS Feed (Mongolia)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Plochman's Premium Mild Yellow Mustard, 10.5 OZ (Pack of 2)
Plochman's Premium Mild Yellow Mustard, 10.5 OZ (Pack of 2)
Offered by Sunny Good Morning
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., July 30, 2014
Been on sort of a mustard kick recently, discovered all sorts of stuff, even "grape"
mustard, but I needed a good yellow mustard last week for some South Carolina
style BBQ sauce.

Roaming the aisles, and seeing this familiar tub from way back in the past when the
kids were still little and boiled hot dogs were the norm, I was like "Oh hell yeah!" I knew
this was exactly what I needed. And it was perfect in the finished sauce.

Bright yellow as you would expect, the perfect texture and smooth consistency, this has
a tangy bite but at the same time its very mild. Perfect on burgers, brats, and hot dogs,
as well as in dressings, salads, and the occasional sauce. And the best thing about this
stuff, you can find it just about everywhere. $1.33 at your local superstore.

Demler's Yellow Mustard - 16 oz Squeeze Bottle
Demler's Yellow Mustard - 16 oz Squeeze Bottle
Offered by Chili Fiesta Gourmet
Price: $2.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Ghaaack!, July 29, 2014
Many times I'm surprised to find certain products aren't listed on Amazon, this
is one of the times where I am surprised to find something posted here.

The bottle looks like Plochman's, the taste is closer to kerosene. I was making
mustard BBQ sauce for the first time last week, thought I'd go cheap on the mustard.
That was a mistake.

This stuff is runny, has a bizarre smell, and I wouldn't even put this stuff on a boiled
hot dog. 88 cents at your local superstore....avoid like the plague. Plochman's makes
the best yellow mustard IMO, and its only $1.30 retail.

Mc Cormick, Mayonesa Con Limon, 28-Ounce (12 Pack)
Mc Cormick, Mayonesa Con Limon, 28-Ounce (12 Pack)
Offered by Peters Select
Price: $82.29
4 used & new from $79.31

5.0 out of 5 stars I agree with Susan 100%!, July 27, 2014
OK I understand....you've seen this on the shelves, and said to yourself ...."LIMES??"

I had the same reaction. However, taking a flyer on this stuff was one of the best surprises
I've had lately. You cant taste the lime, its very faint. You will acknowledge just a hint of citrus,
much like you taste the lemon juice in regular mayonnaise, but its not something that makes
your lips pucker.

I've used this in salads, in dressings, and on a variety of sandwiches and I may never go back
to Dukes/Hellmans. Its that good. And, all natural ingredients....no High Fructose Corn Syrup,
only sugar and no other wild impossible to pronounce chemicals.

A product of Mexico, and deserving of 5 stars.

Jim Beam Bacon Mustard, 11 oz, 6 pk
Jim Beam Bacon Mustard, 11 oz, 6 pk

4.0 out of 5 stars This one is hard to qualify., July 27, 2014
Really not a mustard, this is more of a sauce in flavor and texture. I picked this up purely
as a novelty as the cashier told me it was a big seller, and it does wonders for a plain hot
dog, I'm really anxious to try this on a burger and maybe in some salad dressings.

Among the ingredients are apple, grape, and pear juice. What? Jim Beam is also listed and
I'm happy to report there is no corn syrup here, only sugar and other "artificial ingredients"
like artificial bacon flavor. LOL

Its still very good, I'll continue to experiment with this but for now there are other real mustards
that I much prefer over this.

Vaadi Herbals Anti Ageing Alluring Neem & Tulsi Soap 3x75g
Vaadi Herbals Anti Ageing Alluring Neem & Tulsi Soap 3x75g
Offered by American Indian Imports
Price: $6.95
3 used & new from $6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, July 27, 2014
My favorite new discovery. And the addition of aloe vera and tea tree oil effectively
stifles the smell of the neem oil.

Been using this for a couple of weeks and can see a dramatic difference in the tone
of my skin. They claim neem soap cures everything from psoriasis to acne to dandruff
and rosacea. Well I didn't have all that so I cant confirm, all I can say is that the
results are noticeable.

BTW, normally you want to look for a 20% neem content in these soaps, they don't say on
the label and I cant find any reference on the web, but its good soap. As a point of
clarification, this listing is for "one bar" of soap, 70g total. This is not for a "pack"
of soap, you get one small bar that should last a few weeks. I get this locally for $2.

Arturo Original Gourmet Sauce with Mushrooms 8 OZ (Pack of 6)
Arturo Original Gourmet Sauce with Mushrooms 8 OZ (Pack of 6)
Offered by CAPSI
Price: $30.15

5.0 out of 5 stars What a discovery!, July 27, 2014
This is a great find!

Wow, I had never heard of Sauce Arturo before about 3 months ago as I was surfing Amazon's Gourmet
Food section and stumbled over this wondermous creation of culinary science. So I looked up some
recipes and found a fairly large community out there that really loves this stuff, so I bit the
bullet and ordered a case.

Sauce Arturo is sort of like tomato sauce on crack. You can use it in spaghetti sauces, chili, soups,
all sorts of standards, and there are many recipes on the web for exotic dishes like Johnny Mazetti
and even Beans Arturo. I've tried some of these recipes and they are all pretty good, especially the
Mazetti.

Its also a tribute to this product that so many websites have a "pseudo arturo" recipe posted. Looks as
if the magic ingredients might be brown sugar, nutmeg, soy sauce, and garlic.

Anyway, I'm almost out of the stuff and its only available by mail as far as I know so its time to order
some more. Oh yeah, you wont believe what this does for stuffed cabbage. 5 Forks

Ranch Style Beans Beans with Sliced Jalapeno Peppers, 15-ounces (Pack of24)
Ranch Style Beans Beans with Sliced Jalapeno Peppers, 15-ounces (Pack of24)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a surprise!, July 27, 2014
Dont let the label scare you away, the jalapenos here are very mild.

These beans are a crucial ingredient in the best homemade chili you have
ever tasted, and they also make a great side dish with cornbread. And if
you're making chili, just pour in the whole can, no need to drain all that flavor
away. You will love it, guaranteed.

Locally you can find these for $0.75/can.

McCormick Gourmet Collection Turkish Bay Leaves 2.0 Ounce Unit
McCormick Gourmet Collection Turkish Bay Leaves 2.0 Ounce Unit
Offered by Ultimate Products+
Price: $9.90
9 used & new from $6.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the extra cost., July 27, 2014
One of the fun things about learning how to cook is that you can learn a lot about the world that we live in by
sampling different cuisines, and the ingredients that are used. I have a real fondness for Mediterranean cooking,
where savory, sweet and tangy herbs and spices come together to give dishes that are full of flavor.

One of the most important ingredients is an herb, the leaves of the Bay tree -- laurus nobilis. Dried out, they can
store well, and add a thick, almost floral taste to savory dishes, especially stews and sauces. I've found that bay
leaves are used mostly in French and Italian cooking, where there's a chance for the oils in the leaves to release
their flavor, and work very nicely in anything that is based around beef or poultry.

McCormick's Bay Leaves are of the Turkish variety, very different in flavor from the Californian, so do check your
label carefully. The scent of bay is rather strong and has undertones of eucalyptus, a woodsy scent, but unfortunately,
can not be eaten as the leaves do dry out and have sharp, harsh edges, so it is recommended that they be removed
from a dish before serving.

McCormick sells these in plastic or glass jars -- I would personally go with the glass container, that weighs at 0.18
ounces, and has around twenty leaves per container. The price can be steep at about 7$US, but they will last for at
least a year, and possibly two, so spread out over time it's a good purchase.

Over the years, I've gotten to trust the McCormick Gourmet line of products and rarely have I had any problems with
taste or quality. As with all herbs and spices, they should be stored in a cool, dry, dark place to keep them as fresh
as possible, and should be checked regularly to make certain that they have not gone stale and lost their flavor.
Check McCormick's website for a variety of tested recipes.

McCormick Gourmet Collection Organic Thyme Leaves - 3 Pack
McCormick Gourmet Collection Organic Thyme Leaves - 3 Pack
Offered by Please and Thank You LLC
Price: $24.39
3 used & new from $22.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the extra money., July 26, 2014
I hate paying $5-6 for one of these jars of spice or herbs, but there is one
reason I keep coming back to McCormick's for this one product....because the
quality is consistently better than any competing brand and its noticeable.

Add this to chicken dishes, beef stews, roasts, soups, in almost anything you can
think of and the flavor shines. And as I'm writing this I see that I have maybe a 1/4
teaspoon left and so I'm looking at a trip to Publix today for a resupply.

BTW, I'm not hyping McCormick, although they are a recognized brand name. But
this is the only one of their spice line I buy, I go generic for just about everything else
where I can save some cash, but this is worth splurging on.

BTW, you can get the little red containers of a lower grade product in the stores for
about $3. When you do the math, the red jars are more expensive than this Gourmet
Collection offering. *scratches head*

Frantoia Barbera Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1 lt
Frantoia Barbera Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1 lt
Offered by Go Italy Gourmet
Price: $31.62
5 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Connoisseurs please take note., July 26, 2014
Frantoia has been a personal favorite for over 10 years, having a remarkable capacity to resist oxidation
and maintain its freshness beyond most olive oils. All-purpose and one of the best values in the world today,
versatile, substantive, spicy, zingy, and reliable.

Frantoia is fruity, herbaceous and has a pleasant almond aftertaste. It is a blend of three olive varieties:
nocellera del belice, cerasuola and biancolilla. It’s versatile and can be used for cooking, soups, salads and
drizzling over vegetables, cheese, meat, and seafood. Celebrity chef Mario Batali used Frantoia on his Food
Network series, Molto Mario. Here’s the owner's tip for a grilled steak (which he loves with Maker’s Mark on the
rocks). "Immediately before serving drizzle a little EVOO and lemon over the grilled steak and sprinkle with sea
salt." Fantastic!