Profile for H. Ritchey > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 112

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

H. Ritchey RSS Feed (NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Crest Pro-Health HD Daily Two-Step Toothpaste System Tubes, 6.3 Ounce
Crest Pro-Health HD Daily Two-Step Toothpaste System Tubes, 6.3 Ounce
Offered by Colby's Gifts and Collectibles
Price: $19.42
11 used & new from $19.42

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for my Sensitive Teeth, February 22, 2015
After using my Crest Pro Health HD for a week after receiving a free kit to try from Crest, I've noticed that my teeth feel cleaner throughout the day and morning breath seems relatively improved. Unfortunately, the reason that I've noticed that my teeth feel cleaner is because I'm a lot more aware of my teeth because they're painfully sensitive when I drink anything hot or eat anything cold. I've experienced similar problems in the past with whitening strips, so I would say that if you've also had problems with whitening products that this is not the product for you. I'll switch to a routine of using this every other day to see if I can have some of the benefits without all of the side effects, but that makes for a lot of clutter having three different toothpaste tubes on my bathroom sink. I wish they made this in a sensitive formula.

Omaker 5200mAh Ultra Portable Rubberized Battery Charger with Flashlight (Black)
Offered by Omaker Official
Price: $16.99
2 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed with how easy it was to recharge, December 28, 2014
After running out of battery while in NYC, I realized that having an iPhone means that I should always have a way to charge it. I borrowed a friend's portable charger, and was impressed with how easy it was to recharge. I did research and compared many options, and settled on this charger for a few reasons: 1 - it's the right combination of power (5200mAh) and size (it fit in the palm of my hand and doesn't take up a large amount of room in my purse, 2 - the finish on the charger feels awesome, soft to the touch, so you don't feel like you're going to drop it, 3 - the convenient bag that lets me keep this in my purse along with it's own USB charger and the mini Amazon Basic lightning to USB cable, and 4 - the lights on the side of the battery let me know how much charge is left. This was a lifesaver over the holidays with traveling and not always having convenient access to charging my phone. I didn't worry about listening to music on the plane or taking pictures while out and about, because I didn't feel that I had to conserve every ounce of power left in my phone. I was able to charge my iPhone 5 twice and the battery indicator still showed two solid lights left. I have recommended this to my family, and am very happy with the purchase.

Blue with White Stars Spandex Shorts (available in 3 lengths)
Blue with White Stars Spandex Shorts (available in 3 lengths)
Price: $19.99 - $999.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Wonder Woman Workout Costume, September 30, 2013
I needed a costume for a Crossfit holiday workout where we have to come in costume. I wanted something that would be fun, but functional and could be worn again in the future. These Spandex shorts, Wonder Woman T-Shirt With Cape And Headband, and Wonder Woman Superhero Socks all work great together and are pieces that I can use for a future Superhero run.
I got the 6 inch length, and they're definitely long enough to feel modest. The material is slightly on the thin side (compared t Under Armour compression shorts), but as long as you wear nude or white undies underneath, the white stars aren't see-through. The color is bright, and the seams look well stitched. I'll continue to use these as a pair of shorts for workouts.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 11, 2013 11:09 AM PDT

Woman's Jazzy Flapper Costume
Woman's Jazzy Flapper Costume
Price: $15.77 - $48.38

4.0 out of 5 stars XL Way Too Big, Had to Return, September 30, 2013
I wear a size 14 in dresses, so opted to purchase the XL. I tried it on and it looked like I was wearing a small tent. I don't know how the M/L fits, but I would say that the XL size would work for a size 3XL or 4XL, but will hang super baggy on anyone else. It would work for anyone looking to be outside, because you could easily wear a jacket underneath, but for an indoors party it just wasn't flattering, and there would be no way to easily alter it because of the material. This is one of the few Halloween costumes I've seen where I would recommend sizing down.

SPERRY Women's 2 Pack Wide Stripe Canoe Liner, Dandelion, 9-11
SPERRY Women's 2 Pack Wide Stripe Canoe Liner, Dandelion, 9-11

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, Functional, Fun Colors, September 10, 2013
To clarify the picture, you get two pairs of the liners, one in each of the colors pictured (I wasn't 100% confident when I ordered what I would receive based off the picture).

I ordered these out of faith that a company that makes boat shoes would know best how to make liners for them. I'm pleased to report that seems to be the truth. I wear a 9.5 and these fit snug on my feet, but don't cut off circulation. I wash them in cold water and don't dry them in the dryer, and the silicone grips are still working well after about 10 wears each. They're much better than the thin nylon ones available in most retail stores.

They're great for friends' houses who don't like shoes inside because your feet don't get that boat shoe sweat smell and you have something on your feet instead of walking around barefoot.

Kindle Paperwhite Skin Kit/Decal - Violet Worlds - Kate Knight
Kindle Paperwhite Skin Kit/Decal - Violet Worlds - Kate Knight

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful with the Purple Leather Cover, September 10, 2013
I have the magnetic cover for my Kindle Paperwhite, so I do not see the back of this decal, but the front is beautiful and the color works very well with the purple cover. This decal adds a unique touch to my Kindle, and I find it soothing as well. The sticker is very easy to apply, and my experience with the Decalgirl skins is that they will stay on as long as you want them too. The edges do not start to peel up, even with heavy use. Yes, it's a totally impractical addition to my Kindle, but I find a value in having functional items look beautiful.

Pearl Izumi Women's Symphony Tank Print, Black Pinstripe, X-Large
Pearl Izumi Women's Symphony Tank Print, Black Pinstripe, X-Large
Offered by Kudzu Jelly
Price: $39.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Supportive and Comfortable, September 10, 2013
I bought this tank in an attempt to have at least one cycling top that would help me even out my tan line for wearing dresses in the summer, but I rely heavily on the back pockets for longer rides, so I wanted a cycling specific tank. The tank comes down decently low in the back, and the thin straps leave minimal tan lines on my shoulders and upper back. I expected to have to wear a sports bra with this, but was pleasantly surprised that the included bra is sufficiently supportive (even for a 38C chest). I wouldn't wear it for running, but it's perfect for cycling and the material is thick enough that I felt comfortable running into a gas station to use the restroom. The thicker material also skims over any less than perfect bits of your torso and is surprisingly flattering. But don't let thicker fabric make you worry that it will be hot and retain sweat - it definitely doesn't. It dries very quickly, and I am a profuse sweat-er. The price is the only reason that I haven't bought one in every color. This is one of my preferred summer riding tops - better tan lines, easy access back pockets, wicking, flattering - what's not to love!

Gaiam Massage Therapy Kit
Gaiam Massage Therapy Kit
Price: $19.98
13 used & new from $17.79

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy a Lacrosse Ball Instead, September 10, 2013
This review is from: Gaiam Massage Therapy Kit (Sports)
None of the balls in this kit are solid, and all require being inflated. My experience with this was that they ended up going flat very quickly and just couldn't give me the kind of pressure I was looking for to help with joint mobility. I kept them because I didn't want to go through the hassle of a return, but I ended up purchasing a lacrosse ball instead and have found it much more satisfactory for working on my trigger points. The DVD was fairly worthless considering the amount of free, better organized information that is available on the internet.
The only thing that I end up using these for is that the squishy nature of the balls makes it useful for ankle mobilization since it grips the bone and helps me roll my ankle out.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2014 5:20 PM PST

Reebok Women's 2 Pair Stripe Solid Knee High Sock, Multi-Colored, One Size
Reebok Women's 2 Pair Stripe Solid Knee High Sock, Multi-Colored, One Size

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and Stretchy, Too Much Cotton for Me, September 10, 2013
I use these socks for Crossfit workouts that include deadlifts since I have a habit of scraping up my shin from keeping the bar close as I pull.
Pros: These socks are heavy enough that after wearing each pair for a workout, I've come home with dark marks on the front of the socks, but no actual scrapes on my shins. They're definitely a win there. The dark colors in this pack made it super hard to even see that they were dirty. I have larger calves (15.75"), and these have enough elasticity to accommodate my legs but work for my friend who has considerably skinnier calves. I've used the Under Armour Women's Recur OTC Socks before, and those felt just a bit too tight, so if you've tried those and wished they were slightly larger, these might be the ones for you. These left a slight mark at the top of my calf, but it was very faint and didn't feel uncomfortable.
Cons: These socks have a very cotton content, so they becomes pretty soggy if you're a heavy sweat-er. That's the only real negative to these, but it's considerable, especially if you'll be wearing them for workouts that involved either running, box jumps, or other activities that can cause hot spots. I wore these for a long WOD that involved sprints, deadlifts, and boxjumps, and felt like I had a wet towel in my shoes by the end and had several blisters to show for it.
Bottom line: I'll keep these for workouts to save my shins, but will avoid wearing them when the lack of moisture wicking might be a problem. I wear a 9.5, and these felt perfect length wise.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2013 4:03 PM PST

Reebok Women's 2 Pair Cross Check Knee High
Reebok Women's 2 Pair Cross Check Knee High

Pros: These socks are heavy enough that after wearing each pair for a workout, I've come home with dark marks on the front of the socks, but no actual scrapes on my shins. They're definitely a win there. I have larger calves (15.75"), and these have enough elasticity to accommodate my legs but work for my friend who has considerably skinnier calves. I've used the Under Armour Women's Recur OTC Socks before, and those felt just a bit too tight, so if you've tried those and wished they were slightly larger, these might be the ones for you. I did end up with a faint impression of the diamond criss cross pattern on the white pair, but it quickly faded.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12