Profile for SM > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SM RSS Feed

Cold Steel Recon 1 Spear Point Plain Edge Tactical Folder Knife
Cold Steel Recon 1 Spear Point Plain Edge Tactical Folder Knife
Price: $58.91
64 used & new from $38.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Larger than expected, September 9, 2013
I knew this was a large knife when I bought it, but it's size really doesn't hit you until you have it in hand.

The knife functions very smoothly. It is easy to open with with one hand. When you unlock it, the locking button needs more of a push than it looks like it should. Ergonomically, the knife is great. I wear a large size glove and the handle fits my hand very well. The handle material is nice. It's the coarsest G-10 handle I've ever felt. The pocket clip is solid and holds onto a pocket very well. However, the clip can be very tight. The tight clip with the rough G-10 can have a sandpaper effect on your pockets after a few weeks/months depending on how durable the fabric is.

I prefer spear point blades for their mix of good belly and tip strength. If you are into the "Tacticool" scene, grab the clip or tanto point blades. The blade steel isn't as hard as some of the super steels out there, but it holds a durable, working edge. It is easy to hone back to sharpness when it gets dull. The thumb stud is easily reversible, you just need a flat head screw driver.

Overall, a good outdoor folding knife for me.

Nerf Vortex Pyragon Blaster
Nerf Vortex Pyragon Blaster
Offered by ShopCell
Price: $46.49
17 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for HvZ, January 30, 2013
This review is from: Nerf Vortex Pyragon Blaster (Toy)
I bought this blaster specifically for Humans vz. Zombies at Texas Tech University. It has everything you need for a great HvZ primary (listed in no particular order) :

1.Range/power- I get solid 60-70 foot ranges when I aim it right. It hits with enough "umph" that the target feels it.

2.Accuracy- Hitting your target in HvZ is the most important thing you want to do. Just don't hold it sideways, the discs just fall to the ground. Think of them like little frisbees...

3.Reliability- I have slam-fired the drum empty several times with no malfunctions/jams. This includes the drum itself.

4.Capacity- 40 rounds. Need I say more?

5.Ergonomics/size- The size of the blaster is important since tagging a human's gun count's as tagging the human. It is bulkier than a raider/rampage but it is a little shorter. The balance is much better than the raider/rampage since the drum is on bottom. It handles well and swings about quickly.

All in all, a top tier HvZ primary. I'd take it over a rampage any day.

Humangear capCap - Green/Gray
Humangear capCap - Green/Gray
Offered by Reiss Innovations, LLC
Price: $3.49
31 used & new from $3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Convenient, January 30, 2013
This review is from: HumanGear capCAP
It works just like it is advertised. I like having wide mouth bottles so I can put stuff (ice cubes, lemon slices, etc) into my drink but the wide mouth has a tendency to splash all over you if you are on a car.

I tried the a silicone splashguard, but it made the drink taste like silicone.

I have had water, tea, coke, and fruit punch in the bottle with this lid and it has not absorbed any flavors.

FOURSEVENS Quark AA²/ Pro QP2A-X Black Finish / Cool White LED; 2XAA; 280 Lumens

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light., September 21, 2012
I originally bought this light to be an outdoors light, however, while working summer camp, I got so used to clipping it to my pocket, It just stayed. Is it the best EDC light? It depends. I prefer the mix of light output, runtime, battery availability and size that a 2xAA light can afford you. Some may say that this light is too heavy to be clipped into your pocket but I don't care. I like the size and weight of it. I won't list all the modes here, but I will say that I use the lowest 2 modes and the highest 2 modes the most often. There is no memory function on this light, so you have to manually switch between modes once you turn it off. I bought the "Pro" model over the "Tactical" model simply because I wanted the ability for the light to tail stand (like a candle).

The light comes with a manual, a nice holster, a lanyard (neck sized, not like a paracord fob), a rubber hand-grip-thing, and a set of O-rings.

Like with all other Fourseven's Quark lights, you can "Lego" the lights and switch out parts and pieces. For instance, you can buy a 1xAA body for this light and simply screw the emitter head and tailcap onto the new 1xAA body and you're all set. You can even buy CR123 battery bodies (either single or double cell) for the head and tailcap.

I do plan on buying a diffuser cap that fits over the head to give the light a lantern quality.

Big Skinny Women's Taxicat Bi-Fold Wallet, Black
Big Skinny Women's Taxicat Bi-Fold Wallet, Black
Offered by Big Skinny
Price: $24.95
2 used & new from $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., September 21, 2012
I have been using this wallet for about a month now and I am very impressed. It is 1/2 the thickness of my previous nylon wallet, with all the same stuff in it. The magnetic clasp is not necessary for me, but it shows that thought was put into the design. The coin pouch is great for holder the ~1.00 in change that I like to carry with me. The zipper seems that it will hold up to the test of time. There were no loose strings on wallet. this could be a front pocket wallet if you wanted it to be one, however I still go with the back pocket carry. Great Wallet.

OtterBox Commuter Series Case for Samsung Galaxy S III- Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $20.95
11 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, September 21, 2012
I am impressed by this case. Otter Box makes great phone cases that really do protect your device. I have already dropped my GS3 2 since I have had the case with minimal scuffs on the back of the plastic. The silicon/rubbery layer fits tightly onto the device with no wiggle. The "port flaps" are well cut out and stay in place with no trouble. The buttons are perfectly placed and allow for full use of your volume rocker and power button. The rubber around these buttons is still a little stiff, so it can be a bit difficult to tell whether or not you got a positive press on the button. This isn't a major flaw, just a nit-pick. The plastic shell was a breeze to put on. I know there are some that have trouble putting the hard plastic case case on, but it was easy for me. Just put the top, left corner in first and put the volume rocker in its place, the rest is just sliding the soft part around. I did not use the provided screen protector because I have trouble getting them centered and I trust the Gorilla Glass 2 on the screen. All in all, a great case.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 24, 2012 10:29 PM PDT

Uglunuk, Half Giant Hero
Uglunuk, Half Giant Hero
Offered by Noble Knight Games, Inc.
Price: $9.95
3 used & new from $9.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for a goliath barbarian, January 9, 2012
This review is from: Uglunuk, Half Giant Hero (Toy)
I got it in today and glued it up. I must say, its very impressive! It stands right about 2 and 1/8 inches tall (about 54mm) and it dwarfs my human barbarian mini. Its a perfect Goliath Barbarian! It comes in three pieces: the base (plastic), the body (torso, legs, head and most of the arms) and the weapon (with the right forearm and the left hand). All you need is some super-glue and you're set! It was a little unfinished, with a few odd pieces of casting left over (FYI: its made out of cast pewter). A little fileing cleaned it right up. The plastic base is a little loose, but I plan on making a new base when I paint the mini. Although my character wields a hammer, I'll leave the axe alone for now since it looks scary enough. I have a game this weekend so I'll see what my party thinks about it. I don't have a good way to transport it though and since super-glue isn't that strong, I'm worried that the arms might break off in transit. Overall I like it!