Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for huckfinn > Reviews

Browse

huckfinn's Profile

Customer Reviews: 251

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

huckfinn RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Pre Shrunk, Everyday Kitchen Basic, Designer Inspired, Ultra Absorbent, 20x30" Urban Stripe Dishtowel Set of 3, Aqua
Price: $11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not absorbent enough, February 7, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are very pretty to look at, and they seem to wash well (i.e., no strings hanging or fading after washing). However, they're very thin and, consequently, not that absorbent. Overall, they're not bad, but not great either.

Westcott 8" Titanium Non-Stick Bent Scissor - Pink
Westcott 8" Titanium Non-Stick Bent Scissor - Pink
Price: $8.32
8 used & new from $3.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product!, January 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Cuts through fabric with ease! I don't have a problem with the regular scissors I normally use for sewing, but these are even sharper. I also like that the tension can easily be adjusted in case you want a looser grip. I haven't done a great deal of cutting with it so far, but for the time I've used it, it seems comfortable enough. All in all, I would recommend it.

Tacwise Z1-140 Heavy Duty Hand Tacker/Staple Gun for 5/32, 3/16, 1/4 and 5/16 Inches Long Staples, Silver/Orange (0854)
Price: $25.00
3 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, January 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is easy to use, even for those with little strength. For home use, it is perfect. I used it to staple some paneling pieces (on my walls) that were separated from the wall, and it worked great. I wouldn't advise it for professional use, but then again, that isn't what it is intended for.

Overall, it's a good product.

18K Rose Gold Plated Sterling Silver 12mm Bean Necklace, 18"
18K Rose Gold Plated Sterling Silver 12mm Bean Necklace, 18"
Price: $22.74
2 used & new from $8.89

3.0 out of 5 stars "Okay" but nothing outstanding, January 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This necklace is "okay," but I wish they would have made up their mind about the metal---i.e., either make it all silver or all rose gold, but not silver coated in rose gold. It's trying to be something it's not. Also, what's the deal with the bean? Why would someone use that as a design element? I don't get it. I got this as a gift, and I appreciate that, but I would not buy it on my own.

STAINMASTER TruSoft Luxurious Bath Rug, 17-By-24 Inch Fresh Cream
STAINMASTER TruSoft Luxurious Bath Rug, 17-By-24 Inch Fresh Cream
Price: $21.99
4 used & new from $17.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, January 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This rug is decent---nothing extra special, but decent. It's soft, so it's a pleasure to step on right out of the shower. Also, it seems to dry fairly quickly. It has a rubber backing, and although I normally do not like that, it's probably the safest to use for bathrooms. Overall, it's worth the prices.

LENOX Tools SPEED SLOT Bi-Metal Hole Saw Set, 10 Piece Electrician's (30800-600L)
Price: Click here to see our price
54 used & new from $67.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, December 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This product has a lot going for it: 1) ease of changing out hole bits; 2) cuts right through all but thick steel; 3) it comes with a variety of sizes of hole saws; 4) the case is rugged and convenient.

Overall, this is a nice product, especially for electricians.

Linksys N750 Wi-Fi Wireless Dual-Band+ Router with Gigabit & USB Ports, Smart Wi-Fi App Enabled to Control Your Network from Anywhere (EA3500-FFP)
Price: Click here to see our price

3.0 out of 5 stars From a non-techie perspective, December 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I cannot go into any of the technical details that so many other reviewers have ably done because I am just a standard computer user without any specialized technical background. So, my expectations for this router are based merely on what it claims it can do: increase the speed of my Internet connections. Put simply, it doesn't. My speed is the same with this router as with the router Verizon gave me and that I've been using for 5+ years. On a side note, I don't think any router will make that much of a difference (I have one that is worth $250 and didn't increase my speed a bit either).

So, if you get this, don't get your hopes up about it providing lightening fast Internet speeds.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2014 4:21 AM PST

Lathe of Heaven
Lathe of Heaven
by Ursula K. Le Guin
61 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, but lacks depth, November 24, 2014
This review is from: Lathe of Heaven (Paperback)
This is a decent, quick read with a great premise, but ultimately, it lacks depth. I felt that Orr (the main character) was not developed enough. Also, I found myself becoming annoyed at the somewhat contrived, obscure quotes (most connected to Eastern mysticism) at the beginning of each chapter----one was even in French, for goodness sakes. That came off as pretentious.

I love the concept of this novel, but overall, I do not believe it was executed well..

Epson Home Cinema 3600e 1080p 3D 3LCD Home Theater Projector
Epson Home Cinema 3600e 1080p 3D 3LCD Home Theater Projector
Price: $1,799.99
10 used & new from $1,699.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A great picture, November 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm very satisfied with this projector. First, the set-up is idiot-proof. Even without a wide-ranging knowledge of technology, I had no problem setting this up.

The picture on this is terrific! I mean, I really feel as if I have a "home theater." I bought a 102 inch projection screen, and I am hooked; I don't think I could go back to watching a regular-sized television after having this.

The lighted remote a plus!

Some minor aggravations are that the wireless transmitter needs a clear line of sight to the projector or the signal & picture may be interrupted. Simply walking between the transmitter and projector may disrupt the signal. Also, it would be nice if the display noted which input is being used on the transmitter.

All in all, though, I am very satisfied with this product!

First Alert PA100 Personal Security Alarm with Flashlight
First Alert PA100 Personal Security Alarm with Flashlight
Offered by HeyitsDiane
Price: $16.99
92 used & new from $14.39

3.0 out of 5 stars The flashlight is fine, but for someone with a smartphone, November 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is just okay. Based on other reviews, I expected it to be really loud---like car-alarm loud. I even walked outside to try it, fearing that the sound would disturb my elderly dog. However, even though the sound is piercing, it isn't all that loud. I would not rely on it to scare away someone who was trying to attack me.

The flashlight is fine, but for someone with a smartphone, the flashlight on a typical app is just as good.

The only thing this could be useful for is putting on one's handbag if one works in an open office environment (e.g., cubicles). It would just be an extra measure of protection against theft.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20